Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: infinite money method  (Read 893 times)

styxhelix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: infinite money method
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 03:55:20 AM »

I didn't bother calculating it. 10 million, 5 million, whatever million, doesn't matter. You will never spend that much, because you're still maxed out whether you have tens or hundreds of millions.
Not even close buddy, it's 300k credits. You get 300k credits from selling 20000 heavy armaments and raiding them all back. Now whats interesting is that the magical 10 million credits number does become relevant again because thats the total price for all those heavy armaments. It's 10 million because you have to get all those armaments from your colonies stockpile because unlike your made-up world, markets will run out of stock in this game. So you need heavy industry set up on multiple or one decently sized colony. At that point they will be netting you way more cash than it is worth the trouble of doing your so-called exploit. You aren't making any good points at all and are just blatantly making stuff up at this point.1

video of the thing:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/983673665428291625/1211279970438225930/Starsector_0.97a-RC11_2024-02-25_22-48-04.mp4?ex=65ed9f61&is=65db2a61&hm=fe5e8bbc891ae74b9c9fe92f928f11ffdc41fabfb59a7c2d0a3aab74e5c96728&
Similar effects at faction home planets, just make sure to take down defences to get everything back. Note that at max raid effectiveness, you often get back more than what you sold. When selling 60k units for fun, I once was refunded an extra 7k.

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2024, 04:07:54 AM »

video of the thing:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/983673665428291625/1211279970438225930/Starsector_0.97a-RC11_2024-02-25_22-48-04.mp4?ex=65ed9f61&is=65db2a61&hm=fe5e8bbc891ae74b9c9fe92f928f11ffdc41fabfb59a7c2d0a3aab74e5c96728&
Similar effects at faction home planets, just make sure to take down defences to get everything back. Note that at max raid effectiveness, you often get back more than what you sold. When selling 60k units for fun, I once was refunded an extra 7k.
Nice "5 million" transaction, you still haven't addressed how much investment is needed to acquire 20 thousand heavy armaments in the first place. Also take down defenses? Now you just proved Anvel who you called brainless right, if you blow up the orbital station or bomb their ground defenses then the commotion will last for months.
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

styxhelix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 04:47:08 AM »

video of the thing:
Nice "5 million" transaction, you still haven't addressed how much investment is needed to acquire 20 thousand heavy armaments in the first place. Also take down defenses? Now you just proved Anvel who you called brainless right, if you blow up the orbital station or bomb their ground defenses then the commotion will last for months.
Charming.

Anyways, looks like I made the nitpicky redditor equivalent upset. Probably will be my last reply since I've pretty much refuted everything said and you're relying on straight-up misinterpreting what I say to have any point at all.
1. That screenshot was me refuting your statement of "You get 300k credits from selling 20000 heavy armaments and raiding them all back". In no world would you ever only get 300k credits for selling 20k heavy armaments. The very lowest you could go for is 500k, and that's if they have absolutely 0 demand for it.

2.  The 5 million:
Video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/983673665428291625/1211286623669456947/easy_redditor_clap.mp4?ex=65eda593&is=65db3093&hm=e661148607646cf5d606506e94e48ab79d3b69dfde2cff1df4581d82215e8159&

3. 20k heavy armaments isnt hard, its only 10 million credits to buy them at $500 a piece. You (actually maybe not you, but I) could certainly do it within a year, and that's without using this exploit. If you use this exploit, it would only be easier.

"Now you just proved Anvel who you called brainless right, if you blow up the orbital station or bomb their ground defenses then the commotion will last for months"
4. You can sell the items first, and then cause a commotion. You can still raid planets when you cause a commotion.

Ignoring the fact that there will be windows of opportunity where the port is open while things are still under repair (especially since heavy batteries would get knocked out for a whole year with a bombing), there are also other bypasses such as mass-selling other items you may have inadvertently stacked, and then raiding them one-by-one.

This whole point is kind of moot, since the price of armaments you sell is based on how many units of demand they have. There is no particular reason to go after home planets with huge defence when you can just raid pretty much any other planet with low defence. If you are at the point where you can take down their home planets, well, I mean, well done? You could now decivilize the entire sector while you wait for alex to patch this interaction!

I would say "Kind of amusing what your argument has devolved to – 'oh no, a week of wait!' – maybe you can take one of those exploration missions you like so much in the downtime.", but that was your argument from the very beginning. Still can't fathom how you blew a very simple credit exploit so out of proportion.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 05:22:30 AM by styxhelix »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024, 05:11:39 AM »

Yeh, and to do that you need "only" 20k units of food and 2k marrines... You know that from a single red ordo fleet you can get cores worth of 1-2 millions? Or you can kill caravan carring armaments or drugs and again get 1-2 millions? The way you described gonna block that market for months.

Hello silly person, what you said is very brainless.
1. 20k food is only $400k. 2k marines is also only $400k. You make around 300k a single raid with negligible need for replacement. If you're scared of big numbers in cargo space, just condense your balance into a more valuable item like heavy armaments, which I showed in the post.
2. You 'can' get cores worth 1-2 million's(ic)' if you are extremely lucky. Very very lucky. So lucky that pointing out this miniscule chance is worthless.
3. Killing caravans won't make you nearly 1-2million's(ic)'.
4. It blocks the market for "at least a month". Not a big deal. Why would you think it would block it for multiple months?

This is literally the fastest way to make money in the game, and absolutely reliable AND scalable. Can't believe its getting compared to ambushing convoys by some noobs who think they're smart.

Insults and conduct like this are not wanted on this forum.
Kindly re-familiarize yourself with our rules, the first one in particular: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

This is an official warning.
Thank you,
-H

styxhelix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2024, 05:21:35 AM »

Yeh, and to do that you need "only" 20k units of food and 2k marrines... You know that from a single red ordo fleet you can get cores worth of 1-2 millions? Or you can kill caravan carring armaments or drugs and again get 1-2 millions? The way you described gonna block that market for months.

1. 20k food is only $400k. 2k marines is also only $400k. You make around 300k a single raid with negligible need for replacement. If you're scared of big numbers in cargo space, just condense your balance into a more valuable item like heavy armaments, which I showed in the post.
2. You 'can' get cores worth 1-2 million's(ic)' if you are extremely lucky. Very very lucky. So lucky that pointing out this miniscule chance is worthless.
4. It blocks the market for "at least a month". Not a big deal. Why would you think it would block it for multiple months?

This is literally the fastest way to make money in the game, and absolutely reliable AND scalable. Can't believe its getting compared to ambushing convoys by some noobs who think they're smart.

Insults and conduct like this are not wanted on this forum.
Kindly re-familiarize yourself with our rules, the first one in particular: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

This is an official warning.
Thank you,
-H

ok

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2024, 06:32:29 AM »

I mean….

Install comm sniffer(or a contact to like you). Get mercantile fleet info from them.

Blow up mercantile fleet. Fly to where the fleet was going and sell all their goods on the open market which now has a massive shortfall due to the lack of incoming mercantile fleet…

You lose rep for killing the mercantile fleet… but you gain rep for selling on the open market.

What do you mean “I mean”? That’s literally just a strategy. Not an exploit as it is clearly intended and not scalable.

Neither is selling and raiding… you sell, raid it back… and then *** around for a few months because everything is shut down due to your hostile activity

You can maybe hit more planets like this. But also… you’re gonna go hostile to everyone eventually.

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2024, 06:55:29 AM »

Ban?. I mean I can write a lot in response, look what he wrote, you can use language like that on this forum without consequences?

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2024, 11:35:40 AM »

Anyways, looks like I made the nitpicky redditor equivalent upset. Probably will be my last reply since I've pretty much refuted everything said and you're relying on straight-up misinterpreting what I say to have any point at all.
1. That screenshot was me refuting your statement of "You get 300k credits from selling 20000 heavy armaments and raiding them all back". In no world would you ever only get 300k credits for selling 20k heavy armaments. The very lowest you could go for is 500k, and that's if they have absolutely 0 demand for it.

2.  The 5 million:
Video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/983673665428291625/1211286623669456947/easy_redditor_clap.mp4?ex=65eda593&is=65db3093&hm=e661148607646cf5d606506e94e48ab79d3b69dfde2cff1df4581d82215e8159&

3. 20k heavy armaments isnt hard, its only 10 million credits to buy them at $500 a piece. You (actually maybe not you, but I) could certainly do it within a year, and that's without using this exploit. If you use this exploit, it would only be easier.

"Now you just proved Anvel who you called brainless right, if you blow up the orbital station or bomb their ground defenses then the commotion will last for months"
4. You can sell the items first, and then cause a commotion. You can still raid planets when you cause a commotion.

Ignoring the fact that there will be windows of opportunity where the port is open while things are still under repair (especially since heavy batteries would get knocked out for a whole year with a bombing), there are also other bypasses such as mass-selling other items you may have inadvertently stacked, and then raiding them one-by-one.

This whole point is kind of moot, since the price of armaments you sell is based on how many units of demand they have. There is no particular reason to go after home planets with huge defence when you can just raid pretty much any other planet with low defence. If you are at the point where you can take down their home planets, well, I mean, well done? You could now decivilize the entire sector while you wait for alex to patch this interaction!
Is... that Jangala? ROFL, you dropped 20,000 guns into Jangalas black market? Well congrats for only proving this only works on paper. There is no exploit here it is quite simply a mechanic, you sell someone stuff and then steal it back. There I explained it simply for you, understand? 20,000 is just how much you need to have it even compete with an actual infinite money exploit. The kind that doesn't need you to waste so much time gathering 20,000 heavy armaments. This isn't a problem, you can stop pretending it is.

I would say "Kind of amusing what your argument has devolved to – 'oh no, a week of wait!' – maybe you can take one of those exploration missions you like so much in the downtime.", but that was your argument from the very beginning. Still can't fathom how you blew a very simple credit exploit so out of proportion.
The good old made-up numbers you're so fond of, you never fail to disappoint.
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2024, 01:14:44 PM »

Since this thread has failed to remain civil for any length of time it has been locked.
Pages: 1 [2]