Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lore: Are the ships in the Persean Sector Very Outdated to Domain Standards?  (Read 1434 times)

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

Im kinda curious if the Phaser Ships and Paragons are still stone age very outdated to domain standards Pre collapse and
what Pre Collapse Modern Ships and state of the art ships Used by the Domain in the Orion Sector? (Hope Alex,David and Co. Fleshes this out)

Im kinda curious and Kinda wish Alex and The Devs to flesh out the ships used by the 6th Battlegroup Pre collapse and All the Battlegroup Legions in the Domain I wish they could post this on twitter or in the blogpost  even if its only a concept art or in the future updates?

Is the 14th Battlegroup (Now the Hegemony) really The Weakest of All the Domain Legion Armada since The Persean sector is a Frontier?

My Question Is having the [DOMAIN REDACTED] of Legends in the Abyss sign of Power and Change the Status Quo of the Persean Sector by the Player?
Just look at the size of this. This Ship Ain't Big Boi Sonny Its the Biggest Boi of Biggest Boi that can make the UAF Supercapital mod ships mere ants and a complete joke.

Take That UAF Queen you just got Smashed by the PEN 15 (Smosh Reference) Might of The Domain of Man!
If the Galatia Academy Really Successfully opened the gates.
She's gonna lose the rights to her bakery.

Or

It could Reduce the Sector to Stone Age because of the Eldritch Horrors.

In Pather's Layman Term Ludd's Battering Ram of Armageddon that can destroy planets in wrong hands. Who knows? and I don't know.

Makes me wonder If the level 15 max player can actually really defeat the might of the Dominion Expedition Armada (If the Domain still really exists) if the gates are opened? Will the player really stand a Chance if the Domain really wanted to retake the Persean Sector Frontier?

How many battlegroups in the Domain Legions? Is the 14th Battlegroup (Now The Hegemony) the weakest Battlegroup of all The Domain Legions?  :-\

That is all and Thank you for the 0.97a update.  :)
I wish in the next Update Alex and David continue the Galatia Main Story Questline or some new lategame enemies to fight and new Endgame content.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 03:55:50 AM by Gris »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

I don't think they are tbh. The collapse was only a few centuries ago and it seems like the pace of technological progress in the wider domain has been slow for quite a long time. Consider that the onslaught has been modernized, but the design is old enough to be steeped in legends of aliens, and it was designed before shields were invented. Yet the core design remains competitive - that doesn't really happen when technology is progressive rapidly.

At the same time, the sector's tech base and manufacturing capability is heavily propped up by autoforges. They may have great difficulty making new designs of their own or even modifying the existing designs, but they can still make the warships.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

I don't think they are tbh. The collapse was only a few centuries ago and it seems like the pace of technological progress in the wider domain has been slow for quite a long time. Consider that the onslaught has been modernized, but the design is old enough to be steeped in legends of aliens, and it was designed before shields were invented. Yet the core design remains competitive - that doesn't really happen when technology is progressive rapidly.

At the same time, the sector's tech base and manufacturing capability is heavily propped up by autoforges. They may have great difficulty making new designs of their own or even modifying the existing designs, but they can still make the warships.

Well Thank you for the Reply Moderator Thaago! That was helpful! Any news if Alex plans to continue the Galatia Story Storyline or Add new late game enemies to fight in the next update after hotfixes?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:35:58 AM by Gris »

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

Good day to you Thaago!  :D

Pizzarugi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I want to say that they are. Having been cut off from the rest of the galaxy with the gates being taken down, the Persean Sector lacks the level of technology and resources for innovation that the Domain would've had access to in, I assume, their core sector. That leaves us in a situation where we're dealing with scavenged technology which has done little in the way of advancement.

To be honest, the most "updated" technology in the sector kind of belongs to the [redacted] since those were new creations by Tri-Tachyon, but we already know what happened there. There's also ol' Iggy Ziggy which is the latest in warship development in this sector. How that might compete with modern Domain technology, assuming they still exist outside, is uncertain.

If we're only talking about comparing technology to pre-Collapse era, then no, I'm pretty sure ships like Paragon and phase vessels were peak for their time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:58:22 AM by Pizzarugi »

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

I want to say that they are. Having been cut off from the rest of the galaxy with the gates being taken down, the Persean Sector lacks the level of technology and resources for innovation that the Domain would've had access to in, I assume, their core sector. That leaves us in a situation where we're dealing with scavenged technology which has done little in the way of advancement.

To be honest, the most "updated" technology in the sector kind of belongs to the [redacted] since those were new creations by Tri-Tachyon, but we already know what happened there. There's also ol' Iggy Ziggy which is the latest in warship development in this sector. How that might compete with modern Domain technology, assuming they still exist outside, is uncertain.

If we're only talking about comparing technology to pre-Collapse era, then no, I'm pretty sure ships like Paragon and phase vessels were peak for their time.

You also forget The Dorito Snacks at the [SUPER ALABASTER].  :D

Pizzarugi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Are they even human-made? Given how the [redacted] speak of them, and some lore snippet of alpha cores self-terminating when instructed to study(?) them, I get the impression they're some hyper-advanced alien technology. Either that or they're the creation of a rogue AI.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

Are they even human-made? Given how the [redacted] speak of them, and some lore snippet of alpha cores self-terminating when instructed to study(?) them, I get the impression they're some hyper-advanced alien technology. Either that or they're the creation of a rogue AI.

I think those doritos are fighting those eldritch annoying phase ghosts.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I was looking through some of the old blog posts, and something occurred to me : low tech, midline, and high tech are bad descriptors of what's going in terms of what's going on in the Persean Sector.  Low Tech are mostly those ships that the XIV Battlegroup brought with them into the sector 50 years after the Collapse.  They are mostly refurbished, and even the newly built ones are suffering from not having the Domain manufacturing base.  There are attempts to modernize with things like HVD and the Mauler, but even in the game, the Hegemony appears to be transitioning toward a midline base.

Midline reflects the manufacturing base of the Persean Sector at the time of the collapse.

High Tech is a bunch of weird stuff Tri-Tachyon introduced with the First AI war.  Notable among these are the Terminator Drones, the scarab's temporal accelerator, and the phase field (it's not on the gremlin or Grendel).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The majority of ships in the game was created before the collapse. Suspects for post-collapse designs are Gremlin, Harbinger, Ziggurat, Revenant, Radiant, Kite conversion, Lion's Guard conversions and pather conversions (and the last three aren't wholly new ships anyway).

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I was looking through some of the old blog posts, and something occurred to me : low tech, midline, and high tech are bad descriptors of what's going in terms of what's going on in the Persean Sector.  Low Tech are mostly those ships that the XIV Battlegroup brought with them into the sector 50 years after the Collapse.  They are mostly refurbished, and even the newly built ones are suffering from not having the Domain manufacturing base.  There are attempts to modernize with things like HVD and the Mauler, but even in the game, the Hegemony appears to be transitioning toward a midline base.

Midline reflects the manufacturing base of the Persean Sector at the time of the collapse.

High Tech is a bunch of weird stuff Tri-Tachyon introduced with the First AI war.  Notable among these are the Terminator Drones, the scarab's temporal accelerator, and the phase field (it's not on the gremlin or Grendel).
Low Tech was the Domain doctrine, plus some garbage that turned out to be practical in a post-Collapse world of poverty. Midline are the doctrines that either supported core Domain doctrines or were rejected ideas for what could substitute the Domain, that ultimately never came to fruition cause Collapse came too soon.

High Tech are impractical highly expensive designs that were mostly developed by or for pretentious pompous Domain groups, such as Tri-Tachyon. They were highly effective in combat, but usually cost too much and were annoying to deploy. Just like they are in the game usually.

Hence why Hegemony doesn't use Astrals. And High Tech is mostly reserved for Tri-Tachyon who are pompous arrogant corporate dudes.

Almost all of this was invented pre-Collapse. I think. As the post-Collapse sector didn't really have the tech to create new ships. Or there were, but were really really really expensive. This is why Executor needed the economical output of an arrogant imperator of a nation that has a monopoly on fuel production to exist. Otherwise, such ships wouldn't be possible.

But I could be misinterpreting the lore, I dunno.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile

[...]Hence why Hegemony doesn't use Astrals. [...]

Just wanted to point out that, even though you don't actually see it in game, the Astral's description states that a few of those are indeed used by hegemony fleets. It's just impractical to field them, as you said, but they still got a couple lying around.

Bungee_man

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just wanted to point out that, even though you don't actually see it in game, the Astral's description states that a few of those are indeed used by hegemony fleets. It's just impractical to field them, as you said, but they still got a couple lying around.

I wonder if that's still canon. The early plot, which the missions are still built around, has faction compositions that are a lot less unique, and a lot less uniform, than what we see in the campaign. The League fielded high-tech ships, for example, and the Hegemony had a few Herons in their composition.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile

[...]Hence why Hegemony doesn't use Astrals. [...]

yes, I know. That's what I kinda meant. This technology could possibly be available to more factions than it appears in the game, bu they choose not to use it, cause it's stupid to them in one way or another.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile

I wonder if that's still canon. The early plot, which the missions are still built around, has faction compositions that are a lot less unique, and a lot less uniform, than what we see in the campaign. The League fielded high-tech ships, for example, and the Hegemony had a few Herons in their composition.

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's indeed a case of old lore tbh. But still, there's at least some difference between using it in lore and not using it at all imo. There is also the fact that the Hegemony uses hightech ships as auxiliaries, if only just the Wolf (and the Buffalo of course, but that hardly counts here). Would be funny to see an Astral (A) flying around, now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 07:41:40 AM by A_Random_Dude »
Pages: [1] 2