Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Knights of Ludd  (Read 61982 times)

caekdaemon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] The Knights of Ludd
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2024, 03:21:11 PM »

I'm a little confused by something. Spoiler tag = there for a reason.

Spoiler
I've been to a lot of places in the mod, whacking boss after boss (I find them a little squishy for my tastes, probably because my fleet is EMP heavy? Not entirely sure but they seem to go down mega fast with me) and this has me going through the storyline probably in a really weird sequence. My first place to go was the nullspace one (I managed to get in after getting the updated version of Fleet Journal!) and nailed that so early I didn't even have gates. I had to transverse my way out, then eventually picked up the other boss at the cache in the Alpha Site after dealing with ziggy.

After that, I nailed a few more - I got Amaterasu in the Elysian system as I went wandering through there again, and then went I and did Dark Deeds with the Tritach story. It sent me to the Luna Sea system, a great big blue giant...but there's a catch - it says that the ship is orbiting a jump point in that system, but there's just the one point (called Second Trial), and there's no ship near it. Is it somewhere else in the system? I'm not so sure where to go next there.

Also, is there anything to do with the white hole in the null space area? I found the derelict fleet and killed the boss in there, but that seems to be it according to the neutrino detector, I think. I'm terrible at finding stuff with so many nebulae around :P
[close]

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2024, 09:29:46 PM »

Spoiler
I've been to a lot of places in the mod, whacking boss after boss (I find them a little squishy for my tastes, probably because my fleet is EMP heavy? Not entirely sure but they seem to go down mega fast with me) and this has me going through the storyline probably in a really weird sequence. My first place to go was the nullspace one (I managed to get in after getting the updated version of Fleet Journal!) and nailed that so early I didn't even have gates. I had to transverse my way out, then eventually picked up the other boss at the cache in the Alpha Site after dealing with ziggy.

After that, I nailed a few more - I got Amaterasu in the Elysian system as I went wandering through there again, and then went I and did Dark Deeds with the Tritach story. It sent me to the Luna Sea system, a great big blue giant...but there's a catch - it says that the ship is orbiting a jump point in that system, but there's just the one point (called Second Trial), and there's no ship near it. Is it somewhere else in the system? I'm not so sure where to go next there.

Also, is there anything to do with the white hole in the null space area? I found the derelict fleet and killed the boss in there, but that seems to be it according to the neutrino detector, I think. I'm terrible at finding stuff with so many nebulae around :P
[close]

You've done a good job, that sounds like most of them. The one in that system patrols around a bit but it usually hangs about not too far away. :)

caekdaemon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2024, 10:57:21 PM »

Spoiler

[close]

You've done a good job, that sounds like most of them. The one in that system patrols around a bit but it usually hangs about not too far away. :)

Is that
Spoiler
Nian, the one with the huge guns? If so, I think I've got them all. I don't actually use any of the captured boss ships (I think they've got a notability thing like Ziggy where people can tell who you are even with the transponder off? I'm not too sure, as I might very well have had ziggy in my fleet at that time), but I've packed them all into my colony. I should start a museum! :P
[close]

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2024, 02:14:02 AM »

I can't make the Tamarisk good, I tried different builds but all I got is a slow ship that happens to be tanky and that's it. It gets eaten alive by missiles and fighters fighters.

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2024, 04:52:42 AM »

I can't make the Tamarisk good, I tried different builds but all I got is a slow ship that happens to be tanky and that's it. It gets eaten alive by missiles and fighters fighters.

Heavy Armor, 1 high Explosive Caelia (KoL Large HE cannon), 2 Bricole kinetic cannons (KoL variant of the arbalest), Integrated targeting unit.  This oversized "Sunderlike cruiser" is meant to form part of an artillery battle line. It has a withering salvo of ballistic Dakka, but you must either NOT OVEREXTEND yourself and be aware of nearby threats, or give it some light carrier with interceptor coverage. But yeah, it is an excelent TANK, with its aditional plate armor modules and long range weapons doctrine in general

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2024, 06:44:40 AM »

Thank you for the advice. Yeah I figured that as I played. It's pretty good when there is an artillery line, but once it gets caught it's over

johnSector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2024, 09:38:02 AM »

hello, may I ask if its possible to disable the random teleport to redacted gate from using gates?
I am currently using a mod called hyperdriving which uses the gates in order to go to randomly generated sector ala dungeon crawler style
unfortunately theres also a chance I get thrown into the redacted gate area which causes to lose all progress made on the previous mod
if its not possible I completely understand!
thank you

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2024, 01:12:45 PM »

hello, may I ask if its possible to disable the random teleport to redacted gate from using gates?
I am currently using a mod called hyperdriving which uses the gates in order to go to randomly generated sector ala dungeon crawler style
unfortunately theres also a chance I get thrown into the redacted gate area which causes to lose all progress made on the previous mod
thank you

Ah, sorry for the disruption. We'll probably add a toggle for our trick to the Lunalib config (when we create it).

johnSector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2024, 08:21:32 PM »

thank you

Ah, sorry for the disruption. We'll probably add a toggle for our trick to the Lunalib config (when we create it).

thank you! looking forward to seeing more updates for the mod its really cool

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2024, 11:47:48 PM »

I think there is a bug with larksup ship system, sometimes after it does it, it keeps sliding ending up dead. It always does like this, jump right inside the enemy and die

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2024, 03:13:35 AM »

Knightmaster Martins tells me there is a small typo to correct:  "Battlestation Liba" should be rewritten as it should be without me making any SPOILERS here. Having lots of fun with KoL, as I did with Iron Shell. Guys, I have the utmost respect for your awesome work and contribution to the expanded lore of STARSECTOR. Cheers!!

zxtsc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2024, 07:57:56 AM »

can't unimportant these two intel.
Spoiler
[close]
A key or clicking the icon doesn't work.

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2024, 09:03:27 AM »

One disappointing aspects of this mod is the whole "Armor points falling off".

It's really cool to see on ships but by the time they "fall off" your ship is already on deaths door anyways.

Would be nice to see this utilized a little more efficiently.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2024, 04:41:42 PM »

One disappointing aspects of this mod is the whole "Armor points falling off".

It's really cool to see on ships but by the time they "fall off" your ship is already on deaths door anyways.

Would be nice to see this utilized a little more efficiently.

That's because the gaps between the armors is huge and the ai always aims between the gaps.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2024, 05:16:19 PM »

If the AI can randomly turn away from damage to avoid taking armor damage, you can too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13