Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maneuvering Jets AI bug  (Read 172 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Maneuvering Jets AI bug
« on: February 07, 2024, 12:59:49 PM »

Hadn't played with vanilla ship systems in a while but trying out 0.97 stuff I noticed that this old bug is still present.
-When NPC ships with a ship system using Maneuvering Jets AI reach an order location (like a waypoint), they continuously spam their ship system even when not moving, activating them as soon as cooldown is up no matter what. Aside from being buggy and weird looking, it causes ships to not have the system up when they need it (i.e it's now on cooldown as torpedo bombers are approaching). Steps to reproduce is simply going into battle with any related ship, putting down a waypoint for them, and watching them constantly trigger their jets even when completely immobile on the point.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Maneuvering Jets AI bug
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:31:16 PM »

Thank you for the report, tweaked it some! Should be better about not doing that.

Thecrippler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 04:22:13 AM »

Thank you for the report, tweaked it some! Should be better about not doing that.
Question is there any way to download this fix file for 0.96 ????? i now 0.97 was released but i don't want to start over after 300 game years  :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 10:21:30 AM »

There isn't, sorry!