Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manticore never appearing in the Random Battle mission  (Read 91 times)

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Manticore never appearing in the Random Battle mission
« on: February 05, 2024, 08:32:31 AM »

Very minor thing but I must have cycled the Random Battle mission a hundred times or more and never seen a single Manticore. Kinda unfortunate since no other mission has one either so testing is much less convenient.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Manticore never appearing in the Random Battle mission
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 08:43:28 AM »

Thank you for the report! Aware of this; the "random battle" mission is very old and just has a specific subset of ships available to it, so, this is not a bug - just how it works.

Zsar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 11:05:10 AM »

As concurrently with this particular bug report, a suggestion to improve the simulator has also resurfaced, I feel it opportune to remark that resolving either one would likely do great to alleviate the pressure for both.
(As both currently - and insufficiently - provide the same game mechanic: Trying out builds before investing Real Time into them.)

I would go so far as to say, that probably either mechanic could be completely removed if the other one was brought up to spec.
DRY them, perhaps?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 11:51:42 AM »

I appreciate the thought, and it makes sense, but please - the bug reports forum is for bug reports only, not discussion or suggestions. This is especially important right after a new release, to make sure actual bugs/support requests/etc don't get missed.