Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It's been 10 years already  (Read 1435 times)

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: It's been 10 years already
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2024, 05:07:35 AM »

Starfarer: Ordered 4th Jan 2013 :D

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 07:41:12 AM »

I've been here for almost ten years myself - since 2015. I know more or less the exact point in time when I found out about the game, but sadly I cannot verify it since the youtuber whose Starsector gameplay I watched back in the day had privated or deleted those videos. Still here, still playing. I goof around with mods, but I don't go too crazy with them (I avoid having more than 30 or so at once and majority of them are utility mods or some of the longstanding vanilla+ classics, which is still a lot of mods by my standards but I've seen peeps play with 120+ mods enabled which is just insane) There's definitely some things that I miss from older Starsector versions (mods, mainly) but I like the current version's configuration and QoL features too much to downgrade - I do keep an older starsector version installed just to play Ironclads from time to time, though. It's a one of a kind game, just the nearest and dearest to me and it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. I intend to keep playing and lurking on the forums for the foreseeable future, as well.  :)

Worldtraveller

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 08:56:00 AM »

I remember seeing the game on youtube a few years ago, and it didn't really look like something I would like. I think at the time, there was almost no campaign, and the combat looked pretty janky (watching on youtube, the AI just seemed not worth it, and the player controlled ship looked like more than I wanted to deal with). Then, about a year ago, I saw it pop up again (on Splattercat's youtube channel, so shout out to him). With all the new content, it looked much more fleshed out, so I bought it. :)

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2024, 04:34:43 PM »

Yeah, the game and the dev/s are awesome, I only discovered it when 0.95 dropped so less than 3 years ago.

Well, there are games I play/ed since release like the 1999 aka 25 years ago released Age of Empires 2, the definitive edition is pretty good but does have a few issues. D2, WC3, Stronghold Crusader, Unreal tournament 2004 and so on... I think I played CnC Generals for at least 10 years.

There are other games which I enjoy or enjoyed for years, some also for 20 or more years.

E: SS modding scene is 11/10. I love you guys.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 04:45:10 PM by Dadada »
Pages: 1 [2]