Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vangaurd, re-write of chapter 1  (Read 366 times)

CaptainOrion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Vangaurd, re-write of chapter 1
« on: January 05, 2024, 08:03:25 AM »

[Thank you for reading this, I wanted to do my previous chapters justice while I work on future installments, I hope this is greatly improved for your reading pleasure]

Chapter 1

Aeria Charlotte was in the command center of the navy as officers did their duties which included everything from sending communications and instructions to coordinating attacks on pirate forces. She looked at her tri pad as it displayed the whole galaxy when a red dot appeared, a sos beacon, it was in the Audere system, she clicked a button which displayed all her fleets and there was a exploration fleet not far from it. She clicks the fleet and sends a message telling them to go to the Audere system.

Mirage looked at the message as she nodded to herself and alerted the fleet of their new objective. “All ships we are responding to a SOS signal from the Audere system, I want all weapon systems green we may be dealing with pirates again” The fleet consisted of 5 Miyo Juliet’s, 3 Shinoria attack carriers, 2 Exoria carriers, 1 Noveria II supercarrier (Flagship), and 3 Reisen battleships. The fleet entered hyperspace and entered the Audere system a day later.

They enter as a halberd tanks a broadside of missiles as point defense weapons fire in the direction of the swarm which was in the unfortunate direction of the UAF causing bullets to bounce off their armor. Long Swords fly by very close to the hulls of the UAF ships as they launch semi nuclear missiles against the pirates as the comms officer finds the UNSC comms channel.

“Get us to defcon 1! Nuclear weapons authorized! We must hold our ground and those onslaughts are giving us a beating!” A comm officer gave the order as the next wave of longswords were refitted with hydrogen missiles as the next wave of sabers launched from the london followed by the longswords.

Meanwhile the UAF fleet was still getting in formation unsure what was happening as the halberd near them would come to a full stop as it turned to point at a nearby hammerhead and aimed at the connecter of the ‘head’ of the ship and fired its MAC cannon which clean cuts the head off. This was followed by massive flashes of light as nuclear aramants make contact with the onslaughts that the UAF could barely see through all the fighting. By the time the bright flashes of light end the onslaughts are in ruins broken into many pieces as they drift away.

“Direct hit sir” A comm officer reported.

“I can see that much julian, status on pirates?” The admiral responded as he blinked a few times.

“Retreating”

“What ships did we lose?”

“We lost the Soothsayer”

“Unfortunate but better than my predictions of much bigger loses”

The admiral turns to the UAF fleet as the UNSC ships turn to them as well as the UAF is now hailed by the UNSC, mirage gave the nod to answer the call as the comms officer answered and the admiral is displayed on a hologram before them.

“This is Admiral James of the 5th expedition fleet, state your name and business, and be quick about it or you will be treated as pirates and we will respond appropriately.”