Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 98

Author Topic: Starsector 0.97a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 178289 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.97a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2024, 12:21:42 PM »

Thank you! Hmm, that's super weird - is this vanilla, or with mods? I'm having a hard time seeing how this might happen, and the code for dropping hullmods hasn't changed.

... wait, do you mean as post-battle loot, or as salvage from some kind of derelict/abandoned station/etc? I was thinking the former for some reason.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 04, 2024, 12:35:30 PM »

I was looting all kinds of hullmods (including base-kit ones) after regular fleet battles in vanilla game, long before the most recent patch. It doesn't occur very often, maybe only very specific fleets do that, but it definitely happened to me. Never paid much mind to it though.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 04, 2024, 12:47:27 PM »

Strange! Thankfully, not a huge deal either way, but I'm looking at some code right now that's supposed to prevent known hullmods from dropping post-combat unless a specific debug flag is set, and it seems correct.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 04, 2024, 02:09:25 PM »

I was looting all kinds of hullmods (including base-kit ones) after regular fleet battles in vanilla game, long before the most recent patch. It doesn't occur very often, maybe only very specific fleets do that, but it definitely happened to me. Never paid much mind to it though.

I can confirm that this "bug" was happening to me too before 0.97. It was quite rare, but from time to time, I was looting hullmods after a battle.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 04, 2024, 02:13:35 PM »

Same here, I thought it was a feature as they were worth a nice little bonus of cash.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 04, 2024, 02:28:17 PM »

Chiming in as well:

I've been getting - and still get - hullmod BPs for hullmods I've already got.

I seem to recall a conversation about whether or not the player should intentionally not learn certain high-priced hullmods in order to ensure they kept dropping, so I'd been under the impression this was intended behavior?

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 04, 2024, 02:35:21 PM »

Trade feedback:

The sectors market is waaaay more stable with massive price swings being far rarer. I'm having to resort to bulk trading(ore/water with the mod i'm using) or using contacts a lot more. The price for demand is also evening out making trade runs far less profitable even when you find a market that has a demand. The food trade used to be extremely lucrative with buying from jangalas open market for ~14 credits then easily selling for 28+ credits. Now after about 2 weeks of food trading the demand price has settled to 22-25 credits as the highest.

Overall this feels great as it's slowed down my wealth accumulation and made me scour the markets for profits trading normally unprofitable items. I can easily break even or just make smaller profits while i look for my exploration fleets where before hand i'd be pulling in 150-300k credits every run snow balling until i'd just make a few mil trading then explore until i needed to make a trade break. I look forward to seeing how my colonies impact the market.

Gorgonson

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 04, 2024, 03:14:45 PM »

Loving this patch so far; fantastic work, team : )

I found a small bug and I'm not sure it's been highlighted yet.
After completing a Galatia Academy VIP transport quest to Kanta's Den, I retain the ability to ask to speak to Kanta when interacting with a pirate fleet.
And when selecting this option, the text loses reference to whom the VIP / Ward is related - please take a look at the attached image.

(If the image doesn't attach, excerpt below)
>Inform the pirate that you are working for the Warlord Kanta
"You use the moment to calmly explain that you are transporting one of the Warlord Kanta's own kin-folk, the niece of null" (As an aside, the Niece of Null has a cool ring to it, eh?)

Now maybe I've just encountered a fleet that was generated when I first accepted this quest, and they've persisted in the sector. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

-Pete

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 04, 2024, 03:31:59 PM »

Niece of null? Kanta's are breeding so hard they caused a stack overflow.

Zsar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 04, 2024, 03:40:42 PM »

The "remnants" faction no longer has access to [the Electronic Warfare] skill.
Err, should they not really, really have that? Pretty much all their story engagements make a big fuss about sudden intrusions into human-controlled systems. It would seem that no other faction deserves to have that skill as much as they do. (With Tri-Tachyon as a close second.)

Spoiler
Your comms officer panics for a moment before the console reboots itself.
Someone or something just tried to send a power core collapse signal to the shuttles' computers. Fortunately the security package caught it in time, but they had to perform a full systems shutdown and manually switch to backups [...]
Wherever Tri-Tachyon's AI fleets linger, one finds clouds of tiny spy-sats, relays, and repeaters chirping squirts of data back and forth.
   i feel accused of stealing into your secrets
   but there is no need
      (they are written on you)
The techs who were ordered to run a more paranoid than usual sweep found nothing in your $shipOrFleet's computer systems that wasn't supposed to be there - any more than usual, at least. Nothing of the telemetry recorded during your 'chat' provides anything of use.
There's no telling what sort of electronic warfare the AI is capable of, so this operation will be run radio-silent, using only point-to-point tightbeam comms.
[close]
etc.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 04, 2024, 04:04:26 PM »

They already have plenty of ECM rating from all the cores with elite gunnery implants. They really don't need more, and before the recent changes it was pretty hopeless to try and win this little contest, unless you really invested in ECM package on most of your ships.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 04, 2024, 04:35:35 PM »

Many many thanks for the new release! (I posted elsewhere first, but I'm always excited to get a new Starsector update!).

Maybe a minor thing, but with the Sindrian Diktak questline (that agent that beats you up), I assumed it only triggered when landing on Volturn, but it seemed to start as well when I landed on Cruor.  Maybe it's meant to so that is ok, but I did notice that the image during the text did flick from Cruor's to Volturn's after being beaten up by the agent.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 04, 2024, 04:39:35 PM »

Err, should they not really, really have that? Pretty much all their story engagements make a big fuss about sudden intrusions into human-controlled systems. It would seem that no other faction deserves to have that skill as much as they do. (With Tri-Tachyon as a close second.)

Gameplay wise, I'd say no, they shouldn't.  Its not the ECM portion that is the problem.  They really shouldn't have the longer range and quicker map objective capture combined with the officer spam which results in them always having 240 DP to 160 DP.  That's a recipe for playing at 180 or 200 DP for the player playing against 240 DP.  It can be done, but the fleets that can do it well are fewer in number since you have even less margin for error.  Its just less forgiving.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 04, 2024, 05:09:29 PM »

I only now got from the subreddit that a new version came out, well time to boot up and see what mods are still working.
to be done some day... XD

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 04, 2024, 05:59:56 PM »

Trade feedback:

The sectors market is waaaay more stable with massive price swings being far rarer. I'm having to resort to bulk trading(ore/water with the mod i'm using) or using contacts a lot more. The price for demand is also evening out making trade runs far less profitable even when you find a market that has a demand. The food trade used to be extremely lucrative with buying from jangalas open market for ~14 credits then easily selling for 28+ credits. Now after about 2 weeks of food trading the demand price has settled to 22-25 credits as the highest.

Overall this feels great as it's slowed down my wealth accumulation and made me scour the markets for profits trading normally unprofitable items. I can easily break even or just make smaller profits while i look for my exploration fleets where before hand i'd be pulling in 150-300k credits every run snow balling until i'd just make a few mil trading then explore until i needed to make a trade break. I look forward to seeing how my colonies impact the market.

Awesome, happy to hear it seems to have hit a good spot!

Loving this patch so far; fantastic work, team : )

I found a small bug and I'm not sure it's been highlighted yet.
After completing a Galatia Academy VIP transport quest to Kanta's Den, I retain the ability to ask to speak to Kanta when interacting with a pirate fleet.
And when selecting this option, the text loses reference to whom the VIP / Ward is related - please take a look at the attached image.

(If the image doesn't attach, excerpt below)
>Inform the pirate that you are working for the Warlord Kanta
"You use the moment to calmly explain that you are transporting one of the Warlord Kanta's own kin-folk, the niece of null" (As an aside, the Niece of Null has a cool ring to it, eh?)

Now maybe I've just encountered a fleet that was generated when I first accepted this quest, and they've persisted in the sector. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

-Pete

Thank you for the report! You don't happen to have a save where this happens, do you? It would be really handy, just looking at the code I see some weirdness but it's not clear how this behavior would happen, and I think it may involve the "At the Gates" mission being in progress and in a particular stage (retrieving Clone Loke for Kanta).

(And, haha, Niece of Null sounds like an awesome name!)

The "remnants" faction no longer has access to [the Electronic Warfare] skill.

Spoiler
Your comms officer panics for a moment before the console reboots itself.
Someone or something just tried to send a power core collapse signal to the shuttles' computers. Fortunately the security package caught it in time, but they had to perform a full systems shutdown and manually switch to backups [...]
Wherever Tri-Tachyon's AI fleets linger, one finds clouds of tiny spy-sats, relays, and repeaters chirping squirts of data back and forth.
   i feel accused of stealing into your secrets
   but there is no need
      (they are written on you)
The techs who were ordered to run a more paranoid than usual sweep found nothing in your $shipOrFleet's computer systems that wasn't supposed to be there - any more than usual, at least. Nothing of the telemetry recorded during your 'chat' provides anything of use.
There's no telling what sort of electronic warfare the AI is capable of, so this operation will be run radio-silent, using only point-to-point tightbeam comms.
[close]
etc.

In theory, sure! In practice, it'd be pretty miserable.

Might end up toning EW down a bit at some point and will have another look then; going to keep an eye on it.

Many many thanks for the new release! (I posted elsewhere first, but I'm always excited to get a new Starsector update!).

Maybe a minor thing, but with the Sindrian Diktak questline (that agent that beats you up), I assumed it only triggered when landing on Volturn, but it seemed to start as well when I landed on Cruor.  Maybe it's meant to so that is ok, but I did notice that the image during the text did flick from Cruor's to Volturn's after being beaten up by the agent.

It can happen anywhere, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 98