Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reduce Survey Crew Requirements  (Read 219 times)

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Reduce Survey Crew Requirements
« on: November 16, 2023, 07:19:17 PM »

I enjoy playing smaller fleets, with faster ships (mostly destroyers and frigates) and I've found it a little annoying early game to be unable to survey many of the larger, higher hazard rating planets without bringing significant excess crew.

I looked at trying to make an Automated Surveying Equipment hullmod based on the standard Surveying Equipment hullmod, but it seems a bit more complicated than I had initially hoped. Looking around, I found this thread which is trying to do something similar but it is a few years old now.

I'm curious if things have changed since the original thread, or if reducing the crew requirements for surveying would still require breaking compatibility with other mods that touch the survey plugin.

Alternatively, if there are other existing mods that add a similar hullmod I'd love to know about it.

Any input on this would be appreciated!

Edited for typos.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:37:29 PM by SoSD »

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Reduce Survey Crew Requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 12:50:48 AM »

The only way to reduce crew requirements is to use a `survey_cost_mult` dynamic stat, which reduces all survey requirements (you can see that in `SurveyPluginImpl`).
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.