Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: MOD - My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*  (Read 90555 times)

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: MOD - My Little Pony *under construction* *oppinions needed*
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »

Sry for the delay. I was taking some time off from any PC-related work ^^ Now I'm back with even more energy and ideas xD
Here's a new ship: Solar Empire Frigate
I think it might be a frigate, though you guys decide. Btw. what's that about turrets? I don't mind making some sprites but I would have to know what resolution should I be aiming at.

I think i derped on that one a little bit i am guessing this is what you wanted.

Amazing work SonicRaptor! You make excellent ship models. I simply luv the shape of that ship, man! ^^
*Try touching that texture in gimp. You'd make it even more awesome. I think you have a real potential! Keep it up :D

I have some experience in GIMP but not a lot and i don't know what you mean by touch up.
I am guessing you mean pixel by pixel but i am not sure.

P.S. thank you for the high praise :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:06:14 PM by SonicRaptor »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »

Overlay layer type would be best.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »

Thank you king walrus, those will be useful. (I hope)

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »

Sry for the delay. I was taking some time off from any PC-related work ^^ Now I'm back with even more energy and ideas xD
I think it might be a frigate, though you guys decide. Btw. what's that about turrets? I don't mind making some sprites but I would have to know what resolution should I be aiming at.

Sorry for not having commented earlier. Bin a hectic day for me. Lots to do.

Your ship looks great, I'm sure we'll find a use for it, thank you for the donation.

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:16 AM »

I think i derped on that one a little bit i am guessing this is what you wanted.

Amazing work SonicRaptor! You make excellent ship models. I simply luv the shape of that ship, man! ^^
*Try touching that texture in gimp. You'd make it even more awesome. I think you have a real potential! Keep it up :D

I have some experience in GIMP but not a lot and i don't know what you mean by touch up.
I am guessing you mean pixel by pixel but i am not sure.

P.S. thank you for the high praise :)

Your welcome, you earned it;) By touching it up in gimp I meant experimenting with various visual effects. You might try adding light effects like neons (always looks good on ships) or create bump maps. Changing colour schemes is also very easy in gimp. And last but not least, one can never overestimate the power of layers in 2d editing :)

Sorry for not having commented earlier. Bin a hectic day for me. Lots to do.

Your ship looks great, I'm sure we'll find a use for it, thank you for the donation.

Thx Vandala ^^ There's one more:

I think I'll move on to the other faction now. Thanks to king walrus :P I now know how to make turrets (or at least I think I know), so I'll give it a try.

Cheers :D

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:22 AM »

Another beauty Kalthaniell.

I would rather not see turrets, so if you could at least include a turret-less version with it then please do, it would help with scaling the image should we want to.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

I agree with Vandala. Once everyone's happy with the size of the ship, then we can work on turret placement.

mrsnuggles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »

what about making factions for discord & the changelings & maybe a few of the other creatures such as dragons
also there should be ships in the solar republic to represent the elements of harmony

just some thoughts

i just did a marathon of my little pony watched season 1 & 2

any one know when 3 starts, or did it already?

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »

what about making factions for discord & the changelings & maybe a few of the other creatures such as dragons
also there should be ships in the solar republic to represent the elements of harmony

just some thoughts

i just did a marathon of my little pony watched season 1 & 2

any one know when 3 starts, or did it already?

season 3 doesn't start until after the summer.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:37 AM »

Discord ships could simply be versions of ships from both the Solar Empire and the NLR recoloured to represent the corrupt and chaotic nature of Discord. As for Chrysalis and the Changelings, perhaps a line of seemingly insectoid ships would work for them?
I think for now, let's get the SE and NLR padded out with a line of ships first.

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2012, 05:25:48 AM »

I didn't know what symbol does this faction use so I made one from the shape of the necklace from the drawing above. :-\
I tried to reflect the organic/shapeshifting feature of the race by adding reptile-ish/insect-ish scales and shapes to the texture. What do you guys think?

Bigger pics here:
Capital ship
Fighter/Bomber

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2012, 05:42:21 AM »

S'awesome dude.  :D

EDIT:
Are these ships done in a 3d modelling program? If they are, I'd love to see some beauty shots from various angles, even if they'll never be seen from such angles in-game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:48:10 AM by IIE16 Yoshi »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2012, 06:17:39 AM »

Those are pretty neat, dude. I feel like a lot of detail is lost, though. Contrast and gamma boost would be good here. Maybe some glow on the green highlights as well.

Also, Vandala, can you get all the art assets into the OP?

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:04 AM »

S'awesome dude.  :D

EDIT:
Are these ships done in a 3d modelling program? If they are, I'd love to see some beauty shots from various angles, even if they'll never be seen from such angles in-game.

They are, but there's no detail at the bottom side. Mostly they are flat without any textures there. It's just too time consuming to make full 3d details for 2d ships :( But this way I can make two ships in time of one ;D Have a look if you want to though, I don't think they look all that bad on the catwalk :P :
Preview0
Preview1
Preview2
Preview3

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »

Ship looks awesome from different angles.  :D

Somewhat tempted to use Trylobot's ship editor and play with that changeling fighter. Hrm, looking a bit closer, is it me, or are there no visible exhaust ports on those changeling ships?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12