Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size  (Read 47121 times)

Planetace

• Ensign
  • Currently suffering from "Big Number" Syndrome
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« on: November 02, 2023, 11:15:59 AM »

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Astral Ascensions is a mod that uncaps colony sizes and provides end-game bonuses for the development of your colonies. Now instead of theoretically reaching size 10, a colony can reach size 100 - a full Googol of people living, breathing, and dying across the breadth of a single planet. Such a population size would be more attainable on a maximally extended Birch World than a conventional telluric planet of disorganized, loosely-piled Metals, Silicates, and other assorted materials.

FEATURES:
Spoiler
Colonial Ascension:
Spoiler
- Added support for colony sizes 11 to 100.
- Colonies for sizes 11 to 25 have unique descriptions of how they are able to handle such heavy populations.
- Colonies will gain unique planet types based on their market size.
    -  At Size 11, Colonies will become Partial Ecumonepolis
    -  At Size 13, Colonies will become True Ecumonepolis
    -  At Size 15, Colonies will become Hyperspacial Ecumonepolis
    -  At Size 18, Colonies will become Matrioshka World
    -  At Size 21, Colonies will become Astral World
- Colonies gain unique and powerful market conditions to achieving milestone types.
    - These market conditions provide bonuses to overall Colony income, hazard rating (for non-ecumenopolis' worlds), accessability, and overall defensive and fleet sizes.
- Custom Market Icons for all colony sizes 11 to 25, then every subsequent multiple of 10 after that.
[close]
Omega Ascension:
Spoiler
- Omega Cores now have a configurable chance of dropping from any omega ship you kill. This is set to a base 33% chance, meaning you can gain, on average, two Omega Cores per Vanilla playthrough.
-  Omega Administrators, featuring three new very powerful bonuses.
    - Ethereal Enlightenment: General improvements to a colony and empire stats.
    - Ecumenious Oracle: General improvements to ground and fleet defences.
    - Delphic Optimiser: General imporvements to Colony Industries and Income.
[close]
- Support for Console Commands which allows you to expand market size beyond 10.
- Support for Lunalib Settings.
[close]

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler
V1.2.7
- Updated to Starsector version 0.97

V1.2.6
- NEW FEATURE: Omega Core Administrators, possessing three powerful skills to your colonies:
     - Ethereal Enlightenment: Improvements to overall colony effects.
     - Acumenious Oracle: Improves Colony defenses and provides a scaling modifier to fleet size.
     - Delphic Optimiser: Improves Colony Industries and Market Income. Alongside a scaling effect to Accessability.
- NEW FEATURE: Omega Repository, a sub-market that becomes accessible via an Omega Core administrator. Sells Omega weaponry and Vessels.
- GRAPHICAL: Planets now make use of Glow-Masks, including a host of planetary city effects.
     - Partial, True, and Hyperspacial Ecumenopolises utilize the glow effects.
- GRAPHICAL: Redid the Matrioshka Terrain (again)
- TECHNICAL: Omega Core drop chance is now set to a 33% chance.
- COMPATIBILITY: LunaLib Settings support added.

V1.2.5
- GRAPHICAL: Improvements to Planet Graphics, planet types can now make strategic use of the "planetary shield" effect.
    - Hyperspacial Ecumenopolis, Matrioshka Worlds, and Astral Worlds make use of this feature.
- GRAPHICS: Tweaks to the Graphics for the Matrioshka World.
- NEW FEATURE: Colony types now have corresponding and very Overpowered market conditions.
    - Effects include - hazard rating increases or decreases (depending on which stage), accessibility bonuses, income bonuses, and military bonuses.
    - Effects scale based on the market type, a partial Ecumonepolis provides the least benefit while an Astral World provides the most.

V1.2 - NEW FEATURE: Colonies can now gain custom types based on size. New colony types at 11, 13, 15, 18 and 20.
V1.1.1 - BUG FIX: Fixed crash bug relating to missing Omega Core Drop config. Now the config's active, but set to 0.
V1.1 - TECHNICAL: Mod Merged with Colonial Ascension.
V1.0 - RELEASE: Astral Assembly Initial Release.
[close]

KNOWN ISSUES:
Spoiler
AOTD Crysosleep Module (pre 2.0) - Known bug where the AOTD max size conflicts with the Astral Ascension Max Size, locking players out of AA content.
TASC - the code that handles planet transformation cannot handle TASC Stations, likely due to their different nature to standard Starsector planets.
[close]

CREDITS:
Spoiler
Planetace - Creator and Developer
OmegaEntertainment - Helped with the initial Idea and did sizes 11 to 25 descriptions.
Kaysaar - for helping with Omega Administrators.
The Starsector Discords - For the help and support towards developing my skills in Modding. And helping me troubleshoot issues with the Developer State of the mod.
[close]

NOTE: This mod will break your saves if added or removed mid-game under principle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 04:24:00 PM by Planetace »
Hey, while you're here, why not try out my mod - Astral Ascension, a mod that uncaps colony size limit.

Shakesepare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96-RC10] Astral Ascension - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 06:52:23 PM »

can the mod be added mid playthrough? sounds cool but

Jakened

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 02:20:33 AM »

hey there so i added in colonial ascencion before its integrated to your astral ascension, is it safe if i removed colonial then added in astral ascension?

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »

can the mod be added mid playthrough? sounds cool but
Yea! Just don't remove it mid-save, that's all. The only thing that'll break is balance.

hey there so i added in colonial ascencion before its integrated to your astral ascension, is it safe if i removed colonial then added in astral ascension?
Yea, also should be fine, but you should make a copy of your save first and then switch to Astral Ascension. Just in case.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 10:51:32 AM by Planetace »
Hey, while you're here, why not try out my mod - Astral Ascension, a mod that uncaps colony size limit.

Kingofchebureki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 01:47:41 PM »

one thing I noticed was that production of industries stopped at size 10 levels, would this be able to expand it?

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 02:28:03 PM »

one thing I noticed was that production of industries stopped at size 10 levels, would this be able to expand it?
Unfortunately, It's outside my present modding capabilities. changing settings by adding industry markers above size 10 don't register In the config, and I'm unsure why. Maybe it's something to do an internal script that can't register that there are more than 10 market sizes?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 02:31:13 PM by Planetace »

Jakened

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »

Unfortunately, It's outside my present modding capabilities. changing settings by adding industry markers above size 10 don't register In the config, and I'm unsure why. Maybe it's something to do an internal script that can't register that there are more than 10 market sizes?
huh weird......i used colonial ascension and the industry limit thats in the config is applied when going above 10 market size

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 07:24:50 AM »

huh weird......i used colonial ascension and the industry limit that's in the config is applied when going above 10 market size
Not actually the case, colonial ascension's industry changes capped at size 10 and could not change past that. That's the same here.

unraveled

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 01:41:13 PM »

Hi, I have encounted a crash after defeating the hypershunt doritos. I have tested it on a brand new game with only your mod and console command enabled.

Spoiler
[Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["drop_prob_officer_omega_core"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["drop_prob_officer_omega_core"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.รต00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getFloat(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.lootWeapons(FleetEncounterContext.java:2601)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generatePlayerLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2202)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generateLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2170)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2157)
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:297)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncount erEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1839)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainS tate(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2438)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEng agement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:788)
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:87)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 01:55:22 PM »

you should make it so that past a certain stage the planet texture changes to basically a planet wide city infrastructure and then past another certain point said planet slowly starts to grow in size 

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 03:29:55 PM »

There appears to be an issue regarding the fact I forgot to set the config to a default state, I'll do a quick hotfix.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:12:08 AM by Planetace »

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Astral Ascension - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2023, 03:59:51 PM »

V1.2 RELEASE
Changelog:
- Colonies can now gain custom types and looks based on size. New colony types at 11, 13, 15, 18 and 21.

Below are images of an Ecumonopolis World, Matrioshka World, and Astral World.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 08:45:03 AM by Planetace »

Superharem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2023, 10:47:28 PM »

Great stuff. I always like imba mods like this. It's single player after all.

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 05:40:54 AM »

Astral Ascensions is a relatively simple mod that uncaps colony sizes. Now instead of theoretically reaching size 10, a colony can reach size 100 - a full Googol of people living, breathing, and dying across the breadth of a single planet. Such a population size would be more attainable on a maximally extended Birch World than a conventional telluric planet of disorganized, loosely-piled Metals, Silicates, and other assorted materials.
It is estimated that there are 10^80 power baryons (that is, protons and neutrons) in the observable universe.  So, at colony size 100, every 100 quintillion (== 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 == 10^20) people each have a proton OR neutron... to share.  :P

[edit] As I recall, colony growth gets slower as the population gets bigger.  Does your mod address this, as yet?  How long will it take to get a colony from size 3 to size 100? [/edit]
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 08:17:05 AM »

As I recall, colony growth gets slower as the population gets bigger.  Does your mod address this, as yet?  How long will it take to get a colony from size 3 to size 100?

Not yet, unfortunately, players have to either take the slow way, or the reality-warper way (console commands). However, I DO have plans for ways to increase colony size at manageable paces. Which would involve the [SUPER REDACTED] as the source to starting your conquest of reality itself.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 09:12:26 AM by Planetace »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6