Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size  (Read 67352 times)

Planetace

• Ensign
  • Currently suffering from "Big Number" Syndrome
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Astral Ascension V1.2.6 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2024, 04:25:44 PM »

Hey! Awesome mod. Are there any known incompatibilities? I have a pretty extensive modlist, including Industrial Revolution and Ashes of the Domain (which are the only ones I could fathom having any issues), and my colonies seem to stop growing at size 10. I did a quick look through the files and didn't see any settings I could change to make them go past that. There is no growth bar progress or anything indicating that it's growing as far as I can tell either. The tooltip also says it's reached max growth.
Yea right now I'm currently aware that AA has one or more mod incompatibilities. I just have no clue which are incompatible.

If at all possible, can you try testing your mod list with Astral Ascension to single-out which mods conflict with it?
Hey, while you're here, why not try out my mod - Astral Ascension, a mod that uncaps colony size limit.

Terrachova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2024, 09:38:08 PM »

I'm seeing the same issue - colony reached size 10, and has no more growth.  I do also have a full set of mods, and unfortunately this isn't exactly something that's easy to test on its own, considering the time involvement.  Or at least, I don't know the way to do so, to see if it is AOTD - Cryosleepers, or something else.

Is there a way to spawn a size 10 colony easily via console commands?

EDIT: That said..., I did just look into the configs for AOTD - Cryosleeper, and there is a "MAX_POP_GROWTH":10, could be what's stopping it?  I'm gonna experiment with raising that...

Well, upping that to 100 did remove the cap.  The growth is slow at 1.33% on the colony, but it's growing!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:02:28 PM by Terrachova »

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2024, 06:54:02 AM »

SNIP
Ah! Perfect! Cheers for the find! I'll make a patch for that and roll out a version that works with 0.97 alongside it!
Hey, while you're here, why not try out my mod - Astral Ascension, a mod that uncaps colony size limit.

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2024, 07:03:01 AM »

SNIP
Ah! Perfect! Cheers for the find! I'll make a patch for that and roll out a version that works with 0.97 alongside it!
Worth noting that Kaysaar has talked about the next update for AOTD being a complete rework of the Cryosleeper module, so... should be out in like, 6 days or something?

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2024, 10:27:43 AM »

It'll most likely still cap colony size at 10 or below, though.

DXwer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2024, 09:30:16 AM »

There seems to be a conflict with the stations from TASC: the planet graphics changer crashes the game, maybe because they aren't really planets.

1579981 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI.getSpec()" because "planet" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.PlanetAPI.getSpec()" because "planet" is null
   at planetace.astralAscension.AA_ColonyRebuilder.economyUpdated(AA_ColonyRebuilder.java:82) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.FinishEconomyUpdateTask.doNextBatch(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.contract.iter.MultiFrameTask.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2024, 04:02:23 PM »

1.2.7 RELEASE
- Updates Astral Ascension to Starsector version 0.97
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 04:37:06 PM by Planetace »

84Reasons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2024, 11:42:58 AM »

Just checking as I've seen a few comments here state otherwise: can you add this mid game? Cheers

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2024, 06:58:38 AM »

Just checking as I've seen a few comments here state otherwise: can you add this mid game? Cheers
Under principle? Be wary. You can save a copy of your main save, download and enable AA, then test with the copied save there.

84Reasons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2024, 06:54:14 AM »

Under principle? Be wary. You can save a copy of your main save, download and enable AA, then test with the copied save there.

Thank you, another random question but did you uncap colony fleet sizes with this mod and is it possible to edit a setting to do so if I don't add it to this save? My fleets should be above their current 422% based on the size but they won't go above that.

ntoxeg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2024, 05:24:26 PM »

FYI your version info file is broken as you just have the project’s GitHub repo as the master link. You can just add the Planetace_astralascension.version to the repo and put the raw download link as the master version. Also, the version in mod_info.json is out of date.

ntoxeg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2024, 11:25:20 AM »

FYI your version info file is broken as you just have the project’s GitHub repo as the master link. You can just add the Planetace_astralascension.version to the repo and put the raw download link as the master version. Also, the version in mod_info.json is out of date.

Correction, looking into those version files I realized that it’s the version checker files that have the incorrect version (2.0.0).

Jakened

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2024, 09:13:52 PM »

is there any plan to add custom industries thats as op as this whole mod is?

Planetace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2024, 01:58:58 PM »

Correction, looking into those version files I realized that it’s the version checker files that have the incorrect version (2.0.0).
Oops my bad, I was working on the 2.0 update before Starsector 0.97 came out, and forgot to replace it with the new version. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you, another random question but did you uncap colony fleet sizes with this mod and is it possible to edit a setting to do so if I don't add it to this save? My fleets should be above their current 422% based on the size but they won't go above that.
Fleet size should be uncapped by default.

is there any plan to add custom industries thats as op as this whole mod is?
Actually have plans to reduce the OP'ness of the mod by making development of planets into Ecumenopolis' (and other types of planets) into multi-industry processess and require additional terraforming to develop a colony into something that can properly hold a planet-city. After all, building a planet-city over the surface of a boiling volcanic hell-scape, or a panthalassa ocean hundreds of kilometers deep, wouldn't be a wise decision.

Though of course, once you have developed the colony, It'd be unwise not to give the player new toys to play with at that point.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 02:03:56 PM by Planetace »

kazako

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2024, 08:26:56 PM »

yo, have you made/included a patch for that issue that's been listed with AOTD's cryosleeper module yet, or would it still remain as best practice to disable that module until further notice? also, how would one make sure to avoid the issue with TASC's station crashes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6