Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship Editor v0.7.6  (Read 8749 times)

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Editor v0.7.2
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2023, 06:13:49 AM »

Nice, also the builtin weapons tab is kinda confusing, you have to choose the weapon, and then ctrl+lmb the empty slot.

Yes, this is how it currently works. I'll implement drag and drop for these interactions at a later time.

Also, there is a strange bug with variant:data, I was teaching a guy how to use it, and it somehow didn't create at first, when we did change to old one, all of the ones he did create appeared as ghost ones

I'm not really sure I follow here. What was the steps you did and what was the problem again?

you can't also add hullmods at all to the variant?

You definitely can. Hullmod tab of game data panel is used for adding hullmod entries both to built-ins and to variant lists. Right click on game data entry should bring up options to add to either built-ins or variant.

The Variant: Weapons is confusing and appears it doesn't work with builtins?

What is your expected behaviour vs actual? If you want to add built-ins through variant weapons tab, then it is not supposed to work that way. Already added built-ins will automatically show up in variant weapon groups, will be non-removable, and you will be able to drag them into different groups.

And what is the deal with Variant: Modules?

They are working as expected, as far as I am aware. What seems to be the issue?

I am also listing both .log files,

Looked through those, no unusual exception throws seem to be present.

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Editor v0.7.3
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2023, 07:58:00 AM »

Updated to v0.7.3
  • Themes system and dark mode.
  • Layer loading via ship entry drag-and-drop.
  • Automatic skin and variant selection when dragging variant to viewer.
  • Module install via drag-and-drop.
  • Better widgets for status panel and some editor tabs.
  • Now can remove weapon groups.
  • Auto-select of respective data tab when changing editor tabs.
  • Window dimensions persist between sessions.
  • Data walker should support symlinks now.
  • Smooth zooming.
  • Big internal refactors.
  • Many more small tweaks and bugfixes.

Feedback, suggestions, bugreports, and especially stars on the Github repo are welcome.

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2023, 08:28:29 AM »

DARK MOOOOOOOODE LESGOOOOO
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2023, 02:31:35 AM »

Any possible for localization?
My mods

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2023, 07:18:50 AM »

DARK MOOOOOOOODE LESGOOOOO

There's actually 4 dark themes to choose from! :)

Any possible for localization?

Currently it's fairly low on the priority list, because I've got a lot of unfinished functionality and polish to do; however, should there be any star-backed demand, it wouldn't be hard for me to collect hardcoded strings (they already are to some extent, see StringValues):
, and make an external translation JSON file loaded at session start.

So yeah, possible, but so far not a priority, since people at large still use the old editor.

nathan67003

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »

Holy ****, it's that easy.

So, to run on mac, all I had to do was:
  • download the correct jdk/jre (the one supplied in the Full 0.7 release is full of .dlls... which cued me in that I wasn't even using the right one lol); this time I'm not installing the JDK so the tarball is what's appropriate
  • Unball the tar.gz
  • Go into the newly-unpacked folder, then into Contents, then into Home and move everything that lives in there into the jre folder of the Ship Editor (so in my case, jdk-21.0.1.sdk --> Contents --> Home --> move everything from here to Ship\ Editor/jre/)
  • Open Terminal, navigate to where the Ship Editor lives (cd <path>) (<path> can be obtained by click-dragging a folder onto the terminal window as well iirc, but not quite certain)
  • Use the following magical command: jre/bin/java -jar ship_editor.jar
  • When prompted to specify the install folder, specify Starsector.app as the install folder
  • It. Just.WORKS.
Gonna see if I can't wrangle some way to make an executable .sh PR to the repo soon(ish).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 06:57:49 AM by nathan67003 »
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

V_KJ

• Ensign
  • Coffee tastes great, wdym?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2023, 07:28:27 AM »

• download the correct jdk/jre (the one supplied in the Full 0.7 release is full of .dlls... which cued me in that I wasn't even using the right one lol); this time I'm not installing the JDK so the tarball is what's appropriate
  • Unball the tar.gz
  • Go into the newly-unpacked folder, then into Contents, then into Home and move everything that lives in there into the jre folder of the Ship Editor (so in my case, jdk-21.0.1.sdk --> Contents --> Home --> move everything from here to Ship\ Editor/jre/)
  • Open Terminal, navigate to where the Ship Editor lives (cd <path>) (<path> can be obtained by click-dragging a folder onto the terminal window as well iirc, but not quite certain)
  • When prompted to specify the install folder, specify Starsector.app as the install folder
  • It. Just.WORKS.
Gonna see if I can't wrangle some way to make an executable .sh PR to the repo soon(ish).

Praise be! Now I can make ships on Mac! Looking forward to the rest!
"How do you code in a Macbook?"

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 05:48:35 AM »

Spoiler
  • Unball the tar.gz
  • It. Just.WORKS.
[close]

Thanks for your contribution! I've updated the OP with your instructions - would definitely appreciate the .sh file as well.  :)

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2023, 01:45:44 AM »

Hello, it seems like the built-in weapon option doesn't work at all, nor the built-in mod or built-in wings :s

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2023, 09:33:42 AM »

Hello, it seems like the built-in weapon option doesn't work at all, nor the built-in mod or built-in wings :s

I did test this functionality before releasing it - my first guess would be some UI-friendliness difficulty. What exactly is the issue you are having, what step is giving you trouble? On my end built-in weapons routine looks like this:

1. Initialize layer with sprite and hull data
2. Place some weapon slots, switch their type to built-in
3. Switch to "Built-in Weapons" tab, weapon game data tab should become active automatically.
4. If desired, check necessary filter options, such as "Filter by last selected slot".
5. Select weapon entry from the tree, and then CTRL-Click on any weapon slot. The weapon should be installed in that slot and appear in the rightside tab list.

For hullmods and wings, you essentially select the relevant rightside tab and then right-click on hullmod/wing entries in respective game data tab to install them in either base hull or skin (skin file saving being non-functional at the moment).

There's drag-and-drop and workflow improvements already implemented for all these processes in dev version, but it's a fair bit of work away from update yet.

And, in case there is really some crash or bug going on, feel free to post steps to reproduce and logs - I'll look into it!

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Editor v0.7.4
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »

Updated to v0.7.4
  • Drag-and-drop for all major entries: ships, variants, modules, weapons, hullmods, wings.
  • Option to flip ship points coordinates and angles.
  • Internal refactor of editor instrument panels.
  • More parsing fixes.
  • Mismatched weapon sprite coordinates fix.
  • Event bus optimization.
  • Visual polish of numerous components.
  • Support for serialization of built-in modules.
  • Dedicated weapon groups rearranging widget.
  • Many more small tweaks, fixes and polish.

As always, stars for the Github repo are definitely desirable.

nathan67003

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Editor v0.7.4
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2023, 10:23:59 AM »

Submitted a PR that simply adds executable scripts for launching the app with the java under the jre folder of the released app, to likely be included in future releases. The macOS .command one was verified on my system but even though the .sh one should work on Linux, I haven't verified it.

Don't mind the CodeFactor check, it appears to be entirely on the fritz since it only says the .sh is wrong and ignores the exact same line in the .command file.

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Editor v0.7.5
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2023, 06:48:08 AM »

Submitted a PR that simply adds executable scripts for launching the app with the java under the jre folder of the released app, to likely be included in future releases. The macOS .command one was verified on my system but even though the .sh one should work on Linux, I haven't verified it.

Don't mind the CodeFactor check, it appears to be entirely on the fritz since it only says the .sh is wrong and ignores the exact same line in the .command file.

Thank you, merged and uploaded:

Updated to v0.7.5
  • Weapon animations system.
  • File chooser folder caching tweaks.
  • Rendering optimizations.
  • Executables for MacOS and Linux (PR from Nathan67003).

CHK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2024, 12:19:25 PM »

Hello. I just tried using your tool but it doesn't run on my system.

I'm using Linux Mint 21.2

Here's what the terminal tells me even after following what the readme.txt file said about installing java.

helena@helena:~/Desktop/Stuff/Projects/Mods/SS/Ship Editor$ ./ship_editor.sh
bash: ./ship_editor.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
helena@helena:~/Desktop/Stuff/Projects/Mods/SS/Ship Editor$

Thank your for your time.

CHK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2024, 08:38:22 PM »

Me again...

Thanks to Sorrydough in the Galatia Academy discord server I found out that the problem is me having multiple versions of Java installed and the app can't find the correct one.

After trying to correct this issue and not managing to, I'm giving up.

Sorry for bothering...

Nevermind.

I used the .deb from Oracle and now have the correct version of Java runing, but the continues to complain that I don't.

What could be the issue?

*I'll update this message when I figure out how to show images...

That was quick...

https://imgur.com/a/MnIZa14
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:01:41 PM by CHK »
Pages: 1 [2] 3