Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game sounds stop working completely if device is changed while game is running  (Read 286 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

Got a headset that has disconnecting issues and sadly everytime it disconnects and the game is running all sounds stop working for starsector specifically. Theres only one other game that has a similar issue and that is Teardown but even that one has a simple fix of basically going into the main menu and sounds come back. The real issue is that when you run a bunch of mods it can take the game over 10 minutes to load so having to restart the game because sounds stop working really sucks... please fix

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

ah, well, good to know it might be fixed in the future! I used to mainly play with speakers so it was never an issue but man... having this headset constantly do that just drives me nuts now!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, that sounds super frustrating :(

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

sorry to bother again, I wanted to add a bit to the issue. When loading the game, if starsector becomes unresponsive windows sound mixer also becomes unresponsive. Basically it prevents you from adjusting any volume to any applications in the background which is quite annoying if you try to watch videos and such while the game can take like 10 minutes to load when you have loads of mods...

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm - I'm unable to reproduce this; this sounds like it might be some kind of issue on your system? (Just FYI, btw, "unresponsive" just means "the application hasn't polled for input during the previous 7 seconds", so it's not actually some kind of application state - it's very much a windows decision to flag an app as that or not.)