Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha  (Read 22880 times)

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.4.2-alpha
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2023, 01:46:19 PM »

Love this mod.  Really cool how you got blood effects to work for them.

Fallenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2023, 01:38:42 AM »

Hi Fallenslav!

As of now, you have to defeat hunter fleets to gain the ability to salvage voidlings. There is a way to gain a single blueprint for building your own voidlings, if you finish the magicbounty quest chain.
So, may you tell more about magicbouty quest line, how to start it?

Hmm, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean there should be a way to "talk" to voidling fleets to "gift" them voidling ships in your fleet?
If so, I'm not really sure if that makes sense lore-wise. You are not really supposed to be able to peacefully interact with wild voidling fleets.
Yep, but have a small talk (lol) with your own voidling patrool from hatch, not with aggressive ones.

It's a hullmod. You can find the code here
Can I remove this hullmod with no redaction or cheat options?

If you have any interesting ideas, feel free to suggest them =)).
Oh, thank you, cause I think ideas suggesting without any codding skills is kind of nonsense. I thought about full life-cycle of the voidlings with mothership, which can give you ability to spam voidlings without any colony. Only by raids for food, nutritious prisoners and with egg laying on empty planets. Or not empty ones.))) So it need to add more free spacewhales fleets to hunt with voidlings or without to get money or food supply. It makes new nomad game style. But I see more peacefull alternative with whales domestication.   

And one problem: i dont what this problem is
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 04:15:18 AM by Fallenslav »

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2023, 07:55:55 AM »

That looks fantastic, I've been hoping for something like that!

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.4.3-alpha
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2023, 07:37:18 PM »

I got a space whale but there is a bit of weirdness. When I select ships for to participate in battle, clicking all selects the whale despite it being non combat. So the game might not be labeling as a civilian ship. I do worry that I might forget and my whale ends slaughtered in battle.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2023, 02:28:31 AM »

I got a space whale but there is a bit of weirdness. When I select ships for to participate in battle, clicking all selects the whale despite it being non combat. So the game might not be labeling as a civilian ship. I do worry that I might forget and my whale ends slaughtered in battle.

Thanks for letting me know, should be an easy fix (just a hint in Ship_data.csv). I'll include it in next update, might take a while though because Space Engineers got a firm grip on my free time atm.
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Fallenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2023, 10:11:02 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, should be an easy fix (just a hint in Ship_data.csv). I'll include it in next update, might take a while though because Space Engineers got a firm grip on my free time atm.

One bug: in result of mining of planets i can get whales weapon with no picture or price. Sometimes reviving creatures have missinq weapons in their slots.

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2024, 08:18:46 PM »

There anything you miss out on adding this mid-save?

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2024, 05:06:43 AM »

There anything you miss out on adding this mid-save?

Should work fine as long as you are using Nexerilin too. Otherwise the creatures won't be enemies to every faction

Edit: Without Nexerilin you'll have to manually set faction relations with Void creatures via console commands. They will probably be neutral to all factions.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:13:38 PM by Tecrys »

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2024, 11:59:41 AM »

Even with Nex they still seem to be passive with all other factions

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.4.4-alpha
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2024, 08:24:49 AM »

0.4.4-alpha release

- increased Scoliac flux capacity by 50%
- fixed some decorative weapons showing up as loot
- Stjarwhals now count as "civilian" to reduce the risk of deploying them by accident
- fixed rare crash when trying to spawn whale fleet when player fleet is stationary
- fixed a crash caused by a missing zero length vector check

dae

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2024, 05:46:19 PM »

Is there a way to have more than one Alpha in your fleet as of right now or no? If not, can I suggest an item or mod that lets you control more than 1 if you have an officer assigned to it (to balance it) - as of now it feels a bit annoying to encounter juiced up Alpha packs of wild Voidlings and not be able to have more than 1 yourself at all.

Probably worth mentioning that I am playing with Bugmaster start and limiting myself to using Void Symbiote craft only - feels a bit demoralizing killing an Alpha pack and salvaging useless ships ~ maybe even a tradeoff so one can only use Void Symbiotes but also control multiple Alphas.

Other than that, would also love to see enabling void colonies to be fully themed & also construct (spawn?) our own Voidlings, so we can have that bugmaster conquest run with full void fleets.

An addendum; I think it would maybe be a disservice to the quality of the faction so far to relegate it to a standard planet-colonizing species - it would be far cooler if they had big spore colony megaships as their bases, and some mechanics concerning deep hyperspace living for them too, seeing as they hunt in nebula storms often, they should probably get some kind of benefit from being there, and conversely maybe debuffs from operating in normal space/core worlds for too long without support from a colony.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 11:39:05 PM by dae »

SoupCan

• Ensign
  • A random guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 09:53:54 AM »

It might be something on with my mod list and the fact i added this mod mid play through but space whales and void creatures never fight they just endlessly try intercept each other.

But other than that it's a pretty good mod, good job Tecrys.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2024, 04:05:40 AM »

Is there a way to have more than one Alpha in your fleet as of right now or no? If not, can I suggest an item or mod that lets you control more than 1 if you have an officer assigned to it (to balance it) - as of now it feels a bit annoying to encounter juiced up Alpha packs of wild Voidlings and not be able to have more than 1 yourself at all. *snip*

Good idea, I'll talk to DesperatePeter about it.

An addendum; I think it would maybe be a disservice to the quality of the faction so far to relegate it to a standard planet-colonizing species - it would be far cooler if they had big spore colony megaships as their bases, and some mechanics concerning deep hyperspace living for them too, seeing as they hunt in nebula storms often, they should probably get some kind of benefit from being there, and conversely maybe debuffs from operating in normal space/core worlds for too long without support from a colony.

This involves way more coding and effort than DesperatePeter and I have time for at this point in time but I will keep it in mind for a beta version.

It might be something on with my mod list and the fact i added this mod mid play through but space whales and void creatures never fight they just endlessly try intercept each other.

But other than that it's a pretty good mod, good job Tecrys.

Thanks! I'm glad you like what DesperatePeter and I were able to make so far!

I am aware that faction relations break if you add SVC to an ongoing save but there's not much I can do about that.
I suggest installing Console Commands so you can set faction relations with Voidlings yourself.

We'll release an update for Starsector 0.97a as soon as we can as a seperate link.

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:31 PM »

Holy crap, this mod is just insane and something i always wanted for Starsector

My favourite aspect in Starsector is leaving the Core Worlds, exploring the unknown space and fight against mysterious dangers like Remnants, Derelicts or even just pirates and bounties but after a while, it does get a bit stale especially since Derelicts are hardly a challenge and neither are pirates

In the meantime, i always wanted to see some proper aliens, especially insect like foes or something i didn't even knew i needed until now, possible as friends too

But i have to mention, i only recently returned with the official Starsector update and only tested the creatures in the Ship Catalogue mod since i don't mind spoilers and i simply adore everything about them from my short combat tests

The animations, the effects, especially the bleeding, their unique combat style including melee and so on, all of it is simply amazing!

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2024, 11:29:38 AM »

This mod is a masterpiece in the works, making advanced mods myself I have come to realize the amount of effort it takes and all the consideration you must have in order to have everything working as it's supposed to.

However well crafted this is, I have a complaint, the mod size is nearing 700mb running in the game and that's frankly way more than what I can accept to have it enabled, is there no way to reduce the load on the memory?

Thanks, despite the memory, I had fun with the voidlings and I'm looking foward to seeing this mod even more developed in the future, something about organic/living ships and creatures fascinate me, I am reminded of Ivo Technocrat ships from The Xhan Empire, what a fun time!
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6