Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: (Playing heavy modded game) My fleets are only making Venture ships, bug?  (Read 538 times)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile

I am no pro at this game and have just gotten into actually building my own colonies. I found out I can set up my own custom fleets to build from but my blue prints are mostly being ignored and the best ship I can build is a Venture. I tried disabling the Venture from the possible list of ships to build but it builds them anyway. So when I use the random option to see possible fleets ventures are basically the top level ship I can build. I thought maybe that whole fleet list is like "we will consider this but we see" kind of deal. I am guess this because it actually produces random fleets and not specifically anything chosen. I am only playing so far at the start of the game and haven't gotten far, so this is a bug I am encountering at the start of the game. I also haven't checked any fleets built to see if it is actually making them. I have modded blue prints and I think that might be an issue, that it ignores ships that I can make of the same level. It doesn't seem to ignore lower level ships and flight wings, it shows them as a possible option of being in fleets.

I am wondering if I actually need a Nanoforge or something to over come this? I do now know, I do not have enough experience with this aspect of the game. I remember one reading in HMI mod that all the fleets they encounter with Scavengers had Mule ships only or mostly. I think that mod was to blame for that issue. I don't know if I am having a similar issue but if so I have no idea what mod may be to blame... I tried making sure all my mods are up-to-date now.

Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "A_S-F",
  "aotd_lost_glory",
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_core",
  "ash",
  "lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "CJHM",
  "Csp",
  "combatactivators",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "wyv_decolib",
  "dex",
  "EmergentThreats_Vice",
  "epsilonpact",
  "seven_nexus",
  "exoticatechnologies",
  "lyr_ehm",
  "Goat_Aviation_Bureau",
  "GrandColonies",
  "Guardian_prototype",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "HIVER",
  "hostileIntercept",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "lost_sector",
  "LTA",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "lunalib",
  "MagicLib",
  "MissileShipOverhaul",
  "more_character_portraits",
  "more_player_names",
  "more_procgen_names",
  "more_ship_names",
  "ness_saw",
  "nexerelin",
  "kayse_phaseships",
  "officerExtension",
  "JYDR",
  "oas",
  "pn",
  "particleengine",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "planet_search",
  "wyv_planetaryShieldAccessControl",
  "portrait_changer",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "assortment_of_things",
  "roider",
  "salshiexp",
  "scan_those_gates",
  "secretsofthefrontier",
  "swp",
  "mayu_specialupgrades",
  "stardustventures",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "scf",
  "superweapons",
  "supportships",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "thong",
  "thongredacto",
  "timid_tmi",
  "TTSC",
  "ungp",
  "unthemedweapons",
  "UGH",
  "variants_lib",
  "whichmod",
  "whichtmi",
  "audio_plus",
  "astroidships",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:52:49 AM by Zalpha »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You need Heavy Industry for your NPC fleets to use the BPs you've found. Otherwise they just get common stuff like Venture.

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile

What John said, the nanoforges and upgrading heavy industry to orbital works improves AI patrol quality.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: (Playing heavy modded game) My fleets are only making Venture ships, bug?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 01:29:15 AM »

Thank you so much for your replies, I thought it might be something like that but I didn't know.

In terms of game design, it really should let you know that it only applies if you have a heavy industry. It is miss leading, I thought I would work as is but it turns out it won't without some additional steps not mentioned.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: (Playing heavy modded game) My fleets are only making Venture ships, bug?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 03:03:39 AM »

The "Doctrine & blueprints" tab under Command (where you access colony-related information) tells you exactly that. It states that without Heavy Industry, "...your colonies will use barely-spaceworthy junk exported by other factions. You can still view the blueprints you've acquired, but prioritizing them will have no effect." In fact, to be able to view your blueprints in the first place before you get Heavy Industry, you have to click through to acknowledge that.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.