Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Ability to get rid of Kanta's Wrath  (Read 3799 times)

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
The Ability to get rid of Kanta's Wrath
« on: August 13, 2023, 02:38:54 PM »

As far as I can tell, completing the Galatia quest line by doing a mission for Kanta will result in you royally *** them off. There also does not seem to be a way to get them to calm down and it is therefore impossible to offer tribute to the pirate lord and reduce the impact of hostile activity.

Ok, so Alex said that this only happens if you space the clone without a helmet. Still, its permenant and I don't like that there is nothing the player can do about it.

I would recommend we make a little demonstration for the pirate lord by blowing up that pretty little star base of theirs. (To make it clear that this is something the player should try, contacting Kanta directly should have something to the effect of "What are you gonna do, blow up this starbase?" tacked onto the end.)

Upon defeating their starbase, you get taken to a dialog with Kanta where they are totally not begging you to stop and would be completely willing to put any past... misunderstandings to rest. Accepting this generous offer removes Kanta's Wrath from Hostile Activity and allows you to even try and pay tribute like normal.

You can also refuse and let lose one final volley into the station's now exposed reactor core. This has the effect of flat out destroying Kanta's Station. (You don't get any rep penalties for this, everyone wants Kanta dead). From the debris you get Kanta's Mangled Head, which can be given to any major faction for an immediate rep boost and a nice chunk of flavor text, as well a bounty or boon which varies from faction to faction. You also get a bonus -8 "killed Kanta" progress modifier on hostile activity.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 06:01:07 PM by SteelHeart »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Ability to get rid of Kanta's Wrath
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 03:58:02 PM »

... it is therefore impossible to offer tribute to the pirate lord and reduce the impact of hostile activity.

I'm fairly sure that this is not, in fact, the case, unless you put Clone Loke out the airlock without a helmet. In which case: actions, meet consequences!

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 05:58:31 PM »

... it is therefore impossible to offer tribute to the pirate lord and reduce the impact of hostile activity.

I'm fairly sure that this is not, in fact, the case, unless you put Clone Loke out the airlock without a helmet. In which case: actions, meet consequences!

Wait, I threw them out the airlock with their helmet on. Unless I missclicked or a mod is causing conflicts somewhere. Ok, so how exactly am I supposed to make peace with Kanta then?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 06:14:50 PM »

Hmm. What exactly are you seeing when you try to take to Kanta?

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 06:52:00 PM »

Hmm. What exactly are you seeing when you try to take to Kanta?

I was going to give them a solar lamp, because the wiki says that it gets added to to the station and generates 10 volatiles demand. The thing is she has -100 rep with me and none of the options will let me even see them. All I get is Kanta yelling at me, or the station king yelling at me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 07:23:41 PM »

It would help seeing a screenshot to make sure, but based on what you're describing, it sounds like you spaced Clone Loke without a helmet. *Or at least the game thinks you did.

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 07:44:29 PM »

Here are some screen shots. Current rep

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2023, 07:45:08 PM »

Station king com consol, have to do sever posts because of file size limit

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2023, 07:48:18 PM »

And what happens when I take a shuttle. Of note, it seems that the shuttle interaction itself has actually bugged out in some way, with the station king talking to you before telling you that they are contacting you.

Also mod list, for what its worth:
A new level of confidence - 40
Ashes of The Domain - Cryosleeper Module
Autosaves
CaptainsLog
Combat-Activators
Furry Portrait Pack
Gran Colonies
Industrial Evolution
LazyLib
LunaLib
MagicLib
Nexerline
QoLPack
Random Assortment of Things
Terraforming and Station Construction

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2023, 07:54:34 PM »

Thank you for confirming! Yep, that's the "murdered Clone Loke" response.

Edit: btw, if you install Console Commands, you should be able to run:
RunCode Global.getSector().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().unset("$murderedCloneLoke")

And that *should* set it to a state where the game doesn't think you'd done that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 07:58:16 PM by Alex »

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 08:16:19 AM »

Well looks like I'm gonna go install console commands because I really swear I spaced them with a helm. I guess I just have fat fingers. Maybe it would be worth having your senior officer balk at just spacing someone like that and ask to confirm.

"Wait, without helmet!?"
1. Did I stutter?
2. No, give them a helmet

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2023, 09:37:36 AM »

"Wait, without helmet!?"
1. Did I stutter?
2. No, give them a helmet
Hrm.

Most of the plot sequences in Starsector can be gotten through by just hitting [1] repeatedly; that being the case, it might be preferable to make sure that hitting [1] here doesn't go down the "permanent enmity from all pirates" route, given someone doing that probably isn't reading closely enough to realize that any given decision might matter.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2023, 09:45:48 AM »

The "with a helmet" option is indeed the first one!

eert5rty7u8i9i7u6yrewqdef

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2023, 11:10:21 AM »

The "with a helmet" option is indeed the first one!
While we have your attention, if you just raid her base for the engineer, you get a permanent +2 HA from Kanta's wrath. If you destroy her base afterwards by either decivilizing it, or I presume saturation bombardment (I didn't do this because I'm pretty sure it said it would make the other factions angry), it will not remove Kanta's wrath despite Kanta being dead.
Tested without mods.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2023, 12:26:10 PM »

... despite Kanta being dead.

An unwarranted assumption! She's survived for a long, long time; I'm sure she's been thought dead many times over the cycles. And even if that were the case, it's easy to imagine scenarios where it still results in increased HA.

TL;DR is "working as intended" :)
Pages: [1] 2