Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: friendly fire bug with dragonfire missile  (Read 365 times)

Iraeis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
friendly fire bug with dragonfire missile
« on: August 12, 2023, 04:11:25 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place to post for this but I had a incident just now where a friendly dragonfire missile ran out of range ontop of my ship and I took that 4k damage.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: friendly fire bug with dragonfire missile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 10:03:16 AM »

That's not necessarily a bug -- if I remember right, once missiles run out of range, they'll be unguided for a bit and can hit any target, friend or foe, before they finally disappear. So yes there's a certain range where if they doubled back toward your fleet, they can come back and hit your ships.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: friendly fire bug with dragonfire missile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 10:08:16 AM »

if I remember right, once missiles run out of range, they'll be unguided for a bit and can hit any target, friend or foe, before they finally disappear.
While that's certainly true, I don't think the Dragonfire, specifically, should be doing that - when it fires its laser, it's not going to hit friendly ships, and if it's running out of fuel and not firing, it probably shouldn't be doing 4k damage.

Especially since you're much more likely to have ships run over it, given its firing behavior.