Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Customizable Star Systems (v2.1.0)  (Read 52795 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Customizable Star Systems (v2.0.0)
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2024, 08:24:02 PM »

Some assistance please, two issues, first is is it possible to set the name of the star system, i tried to change the line css_reference_star_system to Avalorn, when i started a new game i don't see such a system in the intel tab, however i do see it when i run the console command to list custom star systems and i can spawn it in that way, however, It's spawned in as a with a random name and is not named Avalorn how do i fix this?

Second issue, i copied over perfect star system[ i renamed it to Meridia] from the presets.json and placed it below the dermarked line in CustomStarSystems.Json, but this system isn't recognized[ meaning it doesnt show up when i use the list console command], so i cant even spawn it in.

What am i doing wrong?

Hi, for the first issue, you actually just edited the internal ID for the custom star system, which doesn't actually rename the system - the ID is just to uniquely distinguish one custom system from another if you're spawning it in via commands or LunaSnippets. If you wish to actually rename the system, you'll have to add a "name" entry to the first "star" entity in your "entities" list. See referenceStarSystem.json for more information on this and on what each option does.

As for the second issue, it's likely that there's either another system with a duplicate ID, or there's something else wrong with the format for that particular custom system - most probably a copy & paste issue, but it could be something else too. If you could provide me your customStarSystems.json (or at least the perfect system you're trying to copy - there's multiple such systems in presetStarSystems.json), I can give it a more detailed look for you.

PassionPants

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2024, 02:46:24 PM »

Is there a way to spawn directly in this custom system on a new game start, or is this custom system limited to a random spawn one has to find afterwards?

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2024, 04:14:12 PM »

Is there a way to spawn directly in this custom system on a new game start, or is this custom system limited to a random spawn one has to find afterwards?

The default custom star system should already spawn in on a new game start by default, if that's what you mean. To elaborate, if you look in the customStarSystems.json file within the mod folder, you can see the "isEnabled" option - which toggles whether to spawn the star system when starting new game - being set to true for that system. As for its location, its "setLocation" is set to 0, which translates to the system being placed at a random constellation. For more info on these options, see referenceStarSystem.json.

If you prefer to spawn star systems mid-save, you can use the "spawncustomstarsystems" command (with Console Commands enabled) or use the "Spawn Custom Star Systems" snippet (with LunaLib enabled and pressing F3 to bring up its debug menu).

PassionPants

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2024, 04:59:30 PM »

The default custom star system should already spawn in on a new game start by default, if that's what you mean. To elaborate, if you look in the customStarSystems.json file within the mod folder, you can see the "isEnabled" option - which toggles whether to spawn the star system when starting new game - being set to true for that system. As for its location, its "setLocation" is set to 0, which translates to the system being placed at a random constellation. For more info on these options, see referenceStarSystem.json.

If you prefer to spawn star systems mid-save, you can use the "spawncustomstarsystems" command (with Console Commands enabled) or use the "Spawn Custom Star Systems" snippet (with LunaLib enabled and pressing F3 to bring up its debug menu).

That so? isEnabled is set to true yet the spawn was incorrect, perhaps there is something else wrong with the .json file.
If you'd be kind and review it below?
"customStarSystems.json"
{
   "css_default":{
      "isEnabled":true,
      "isCoreWorldSystem":true,
      "setLocation":[0,-1500],
      "hasSystemwideNebula":true,
      "addCoronalHypershunt":false,
      "addDomainCryosleeper":false,
      "systemBackground":"background5.jpg",
      "systemMusic":"music_campaign",
      "systemLightColor":[255,255,255,255],
      "entities":[
         {
            "entity":"star",
            "type":"star_orange",
            "name":"Loek",
         },

{
            "entity":"planet",
            "type":"gas_giant",
            "orbitRadius":3500,
            "radius":600,
            "conditions":["very_hot","extreme_weather","volatiles_abundant"],
            "iconColor":[255,255,255,255],
            "glowColor":[255,255,255,255],
            "name":"Loek I",
         },

{
            "entity":"asteroid_belt",
            "focus":0,
            "orbitRadius":5000,
            "orbitDays":0,
            "name":"Asteroid Belt",
         },

{
            "type":"arid",
            "orbitRadius":7000,
            "radius":200,
            "conditions":["habitable","hot","organics_trace","farmland_poor","ore_rich","rare_ore_abundant"],
            "atmosphereThickness":0.5,
            "cloudRotation":0.5,
            "cloudTexture":"clouds_desert01.png",
            "glowTexture":"sindria_glow.png",
            "iconColor":[255,255,0,255],
            "glowColor":[255,255,0,255],
            "name":"Loek II",
         },

{
            "type":"jungle",
            "orbitRadius":10500,
            "radius":175,
            "conditions":["habitable","mild_climate","organics_abundant","farmland_rich","ore_abundant","rare_ore_moderate"],
            "atmosphereThickness":1.0,
            "cloudRotation":1.0,
            "cloudTexture":"clouds_terran01.png",
            "glowTexture":"volturn_glow.png",
            "iconColor":[0,255,0,255],
            "glowColor":[255,255,0,255],
            "name":"Loek III",
         },
         {
            "entity":"ring",
            "type":"rings_special0",
            "focus":4,
            "orbitRadius":400,
            "name":"L-III Ring System",
         },
         {
            "type":"barren",
            "focus":4,
            "orbitRadius":650,
            "radius":30,
            "conditions":["no_atmosphere","very_cold","low_gravity","meteor_impacts","irradiated"],
            "name":"Loek III-a",
         },

{
            "type":"water",
            "orbitRadius":14000,
            "radius":175,
            "conditions":["habitable","dense_atmosphere","extreme_weather","cold","inimical_biosphere","ore_sparse","rare_ore_abundant"],
            "atmosphereThickness":1.5,
            "cloudRotation":1.5,
            "cloudTexture":"clouds_terran03.png",
            "glowTexture":"asharu_sparse_glow.png",
            "iconColor":[0,255,255,255],
            "glowColor":[0,255,255,255],
            "name":"Loek IV",
         },

{
            "entity":"asteroid_belt",
            "focus":0,
            "orbitRadius":16500,
            "name":"Asteroid Belt",
         },

{
            "type":"ice_giant",
            "orbitRadius":20000,
            "radius":550,
            "conditions":["very_cold","extreme_weather"],
            "name":"Loek V",
         },
         {
            "entity":"ring",
            "type":"rings_ice0",
            "focus":9,
            "orbitRadius":1000,
            "name":"L-V Ring System",
         },
         {
            "type":"toxic",
            "orbitRadius":1500,
            "conditions":["toxic_atmosphere","very_hot","irradiated","ruins_vast"],
            "atmosphereThickness":1.5,
            "cloudRotation":1.5,
            "cloudTexture":"clouds_banded01.png",
            "iconColor":[255,0,127,255],
            "glowColor":[255,0,127,255],
            "name":"Loek V-a",
         },
         {
            "orbitRadius":2000,
            "radius":20,
            "conditions":["no_atmosphere","very_cold","low_gravity","meteor_impacts","irradiated"],
            "name":"Loek V-b",
         },
         {
            "orbitRadius":2500,
            "name":"Loek V-c",
         },

{
            "type":"frozen",
            "orbitRadius":23500,
            "radius":100,
            "conditions":["no_atmosphere","very_cold","meteor_impacts"],
            "name":"Loek VI",
         },

{"entity":"comm_relay","orbitRadius":4250},
         {"entity":"sensor_array","orbitRadius":4250},
         {"entity":"inactive_gate","orbitRadius":18000},
         {"entity":"nav_buoy","focus":[4,4]},
         {"entity":"jump_point","orbitRadius":3500,"name":"Inner System Jump-point"},
         {"entity":"jump_point","orbitRadius":23500,"name":"Outer System Jump-point"},
      ],
   },
}
[close]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 06:03:03 PM by PassionPants »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2024, 07:03:50 PM »

That so? isEnabled is set to true yet the spawn was incorrect, perhaps there is something else wrong with the .json file.

Sure! I tested your star system on my end, and it seemed to spawn in just fine (no crashes or errors, at least), so I'm not-

-ah, I think I see what you originally meant just now. So, no, this mod doesn't have a way to just immediately teleport you directly to chosen custom star system on a new game start. For it to do so would probably be out of scope for this mod - and, on a hunch, possibly cause unintentional disruptions with other mods that might set their own new-game spawn locations. The settings for the default custom star system are definitely intended to require thorough exploration to find, but any custom star systems can be made easy-to-find via setting either the first star's "name" (which makes confirming the system's location near-trivial) or the "setLocation" option (making the system's location predictable on any given save).

If you do want to start a new game directly inside your custom star system, the closest alternative I can think of is using Console Command's "jump" command (just bring up the console, and type "jump [yourSystemName]", replacing [yourSystemName] with whatever you've named the first star in your custom star system - which is Planet for your case) to teleport there instantly. Just note that this method only reliably works if the custom star system's first star has a defined "name" (which is the case for your system, thankfully); else, the custom star system will take on a proc-gen name instead.

(Edit: Actually, on second thought, I can look into adding an option that would teleport you into a given custom star system when it generates in-game; that would probably help a ton for testing/debugging custom systems. Not sure if it'll work perfectly - so, no promises here - but anything to make this testing process faster and simpler sounds fine by me.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:13:10 PM by Tranquility »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2024, 01:23:00 AM »

I would like for other people to share their custom star systems. Thanks for the mod.

PassionPants

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2024, 03:47:12 AM »

Sure! I tested your star system on my end, and it seemed to spawn in just fine (no crashes or errors, at least), so I'm not-

-ah, I think I see what you originally meant just now. So, no, this mod doesn't have a way to just immediately teleport you directly to chosen custom star system on a new game start. For it to do so would probably be out of scope for this mod - and, on a hunch, possibly cause unintentional disruptions with other mods that might set their own new-game spawn locations. The settings for the default custom star system are definitely intended to require thorough exploration to find, but any custom star systems can be made easy-to-find via setting either the first star's "name" (which makes confirming the system's location near-trivial) or the "setLocation" option (making the system's location predictable on any given save).

If you do want to start a new game directly inside your custom star system, the closest alternative I can think of is using Console Command's "jump" command (just bring up the console, and type "jump [yourSystemName]", replacing [yourSystemName] with whatever you've named the first star in your custom star system - which is Planet for your case) to teleport there instantly. Just note that this method only reliably works if the custom star system's first star has a defined "name" (which is the case for your system, thankfully); else, the custom star system will take on a proc-gen name instead.

(Edit: Actually, on second thought, I can look into adding an option that would teleport you into a given custom star system when it generates in-game; that would probably help a ton for testing/debugging custom systems. Not sure if it'll work perfectly - so, no promises here - but anything to make this testing process faster and simpler sounds fine by me.)

I see, then it's to just find the system, making it easy to find (the name of the system was "Planet" as I was still testing things).

Thank you for confirming things, and for confirming the file, saved me the trouble of troubleshooting, assuming no other surprises arise.

As for that possible future option, that would be a welcome addition.

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2024, 10:47:57 AM »

Is there anyway to have a moon spawn?  I think that would be nice to have.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2024, 08:32:54 PM »

Is there anyway to have a moon spawn?  I think that would be nice to have.

Take a look at the referenceStarSystem.json. It describes a lot of the attributes.

To answer the question though, you are looking for the "focus" attribute. It has two modes [entityIndex,lagrangeIndex], entityIndex. The latter is the one you want.
Set the focus to point to the entity you want your moon to orbit ("focus":0 would be the star in a basic single-star system and the first entity that appears under that would be "focus":1)
Set the "orbitRadius" to something that makes sense, and the rest follows the same as a normal planet.

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2024, 03:04:12 AM »

So here's my custom system, plopping somewhere between Prism and Tri-Tachyon home terf, featuring all the (programmable) features that you can ask for.  I couldn't figure out how to get multiple moons around one planet to work, but by abusing Lagrange points we can fit all the system items and no less than 7 planets within two orbit ring.  Minor issue in that the L1 points end up overlapping the planet in question, but its only a minor annoyance if you don't accidentally scrap the Sensor Array.  The 3 Barren planets only really exist to feed Industry Evolved's Logistics Center, with the primary production site being the No Atmosphere Rocky Metallic in the first ring.  The Lava planet exists to host a Cryo-HQ, with one last spread of scarce/trace resources to top off the Logistics Center buff.  The Frozen planet is for an IndEvo Super Computer along with hosting buildings you only need one of.  The Terran planet hosts an Abandoned Base for your storage needs, and doesn't have any non-food resources to get in the way of things.  And then there's the 23 Remnant Research Stations for rounding up Special Items and BP, and you can add more by repeating entities 3-6 along with their Lagrange rings at greater distances.

A minor issue I've found is that Pathers tend to set up shop in world gen, so you might need to clear them out. You'd need to build up your fleet and gain a few level in that case, but it should be straightforward.  One last trick is that if you get the IndEvo Relic Comm Array you can scrap the one floating in system to free up the Stable Point to host a Wormhole end.
Spoiler
   "css_ace_combat":{
      "isCoreWorldSystem":true,
      "addCoronalHypershunt":true,
      "addDomainCryosleeper":false,
      "setLocation":[-3000,-1500],
      "entities":[
         {"entity":"star","type":"star_yellow","radius":800,"coronaRadius":150,"name":"Strangereal"},
         {"entity":"planet","orbitRadius":2000,"type":"lava","radius":200,"conditions":["thin_atmosphere","very_hot","ore_sparse","rare_ore_sparse","organics_trace","volatiles_trace","ruins_vast"], "name":"Verusa"},
         {"entity":"planet","orbitRadius":4500,"type":"terran","radius":200,"conditions":["habitable","mild_climate","farmland_bountiful", "solar_array","ruins_vast", "volturnian_lobster_pens","ruins_vast"],"name":"Osea"},
         {"entity":"planet","orbitRadius":7000,"type":"frozen","radius":200,"conditions":["thin_atmosphere","very_cold","ruins_vast"],"name":"Antartica"},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","orbitRadius":8000},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","orbitRadius":9000},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","orbitRadius":10000},
         {"entity":"derelict_cryosleeper","orbitRadius":3000},
         {"entity":"sensor_array","focus":[1,1]},
         {"entity":"nav_buoy","focus":[1,2]},
         {"entity":"planet","focus":[1,3],"type":"rocky_metallic","radius":200,"conditions":["no_atmosphere","ore_ultrarich","rare_ore_ultrarich","organics_plentiful","volatiles_plentiful","ruins_vast"],"name":"Usea"},
         {"entity":"inactive_gate","focus":[1,4],"name":"Gate of Strangereal"},
         {"entity":"jump_point","focus":[1,5],"name":"Inner System Jump-point"},
         {"entity":"station","type":"station_side00","name":"Megalith","focus":[2,1],"customDescriptionId":"station_megalith"},
         {"entity":"comm_relay","focus":[2,2]},
         {"entity":"planet","focus":[2,3],"radius":200,"type":"barren","conditions":["thin_atmosphere","ore_sparse","rare_ore_sparse","organics_trace","volatiles_trace","ruins_vast"],"name":"South Osea"},
         {"entity":"planet","focus":[2,4],"radius":200,"type":"barren2","conditions":["thin_atmosphere","ore_sparse","rare_ore_sparse","organics_trace","volatiles_trace","ruins_vast"],"name":"Anea"},
         {"entity":"planet","focus":[2,5],"radius":200,"type":"barren3","conditions":["thin_atmosphere","ore_sparse","rare_ore_sparse","organics_trace","volatiles_trace","ruins_vast"],"name":"Wellow"},
         {"entity":"jump_point","orbitRadius":8500,"name":"Fringe Jump-point"},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[3,1]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[3,2]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[3,3]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[3,4]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[3,5]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[4,1]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[4,2]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[4,3]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[4,4]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[4,5]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[5,1]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[5,2]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[5,3]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[5,4]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[5,5]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[6,1]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[6,2]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[6,3]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[6,4]},
         {"entity":"station_research_remnant","focus":[6,5]},
      ],
   },
[close]

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Customizable Star Systems (v2.1.0)
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2024, 12:37:22 PM »

Update v2.1.0 is now out, adding a few new options for custom star systems, including one that will teleport you to a custom star system whenever it generates - useful for quickly viewing your custom systems. As usual, this update is save-compatible.

v2.1.0
  • Added "teleportUponGeneration" option for custom star systems
    - Generating a custom star system with this option enabled will also teleport the player to the newly-created star system
  • Added "systemTags" option for custom star systems
    - Option allows additional tags - used to influence how the game treats a given system - to be applied to custom star systems
  • Added "memoryKeys" option for all entity types in the "entities" list
    - Meant for advanced users, this allows custom memory keys to be added to an entity's memory
    - Only supports Boolean values for now
  • Reduced the orbit radius for the Domain-era Cyrosleeper added through the "addDomainCryosleeper" option
    - Now 1000 units away from the orbit of the furthest jump-point/planet/star, from 4000 units
  • Major code refactors

wiscodisco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2024, 06:02:33 AM »

can someone give me an example of their x,y coordinates? I used console commands to show my exact coordinates that I want a system in, but I keep getting an error regarding my use/lack of certain characters in the settings file.

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2024, 10:59:52 AM »

can someone give me an example of their x,y coordinates? I used console commands to show my exact coordinates that I want a system in, but I keep getting an error regarding my use/lack of certain characters in the settings file.

# An uninhabited star system with desirable planets
      "setLocation":[-5800,-47650],

If you want, I can provide my entire file, I have a fairly complex large custom system so I didn't want to post the entire thing. The reference document and example system in the config folder should answer any questions you have though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 11:02:05 AM by Axisoflint »

wiscodisco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2024, 03:43:15 PM »

If you want, I can provide my entire file, I have a fairly complex large custom system so I didn't want to post the entire thing. The reference document and example system in the config folder should answer any questions you have though.

This actually helps. I guess I cant use decimals with my coordinates?

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2024, 07:41:16 AM »

This actually helps. I guess I cant use decimals with my coordinates?

I am unsure. I just rounded to the nearest rough number. One thing, if you weren't aware, you can edit the file and start a new game to see what effect your change has had without having to restart Starsector as a whole, which is nice for testing purposes. Also, there's a line you can add to have you spawn in that system on startup regardless of start option, which is also very handy for testing (teleportUponGeneration=true).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7