Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How i feel when firing massed burst pd  (Read 11270 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: How I feel when firing massed Burst PD
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

I'm uncertain why Alex & Co. felt that those changes were necessary for v0.52 of the game. If, like me, you're routinely playing Starfarer with a large amount of player mods onboard then the recent weakening of burst PD systems was a major shock.

The burst PD changes were actually a significant buff - I'm not sure how you're seeing it as a weakening.

As far the charges system, something was necessary to differentiate these from regular beams. The fact that a beam is on half the time and off half the time doesn't really change how it works, compared to a regular beam. The charge system does.
Yep.
A charge system let's you fire everything off instantly, or use it as a general guide to save shots.

It's also fairly great for modders who want a regenerating ammo system.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How i feel when firing massed burst pd
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »

Gentlemen, let's try to be civil to each other. Thanks :)

We are civil to each-other. It's just catra who's trying to troll again :)

the only troll here is you, now go back to your bridge so we can get back to actual discussion.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »

the only troll here is you, now go back to your bridge so we can get back to actual discussion.

I just had an urge to respond to you with an very evil comment, but i don't want to be known as a inciter of flame wars. So i simply won't say it.

EDIT: Also, it was you who started this by insulting the OP by calling him a "green balding midget".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:32:33 PM by Upgradecap »

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »

I just had an urge to respond to you with an very evil comment, but i don't want to be known as a inciter of flame wars. So i simply won't say it.

EDIT: Also, it was you who started this by insulting the OP by calling him a "green balding midget".

cause ignorantly perpetuating someone as a troll when you don't have any proof of person's said trolling ISN'T begging for the flames?

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »

cause ignorantly perpetuating someone as a troll when you don't have any proof of person's said trolling ISN'T begging for the flames?
Stop derailing.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

Oddly, I found Catra's original comment both amusing and useful - it told me "that link is to some random webmeme that I don't care about".  The accusations of trolling since then have been... less entertaining.  Suggestion: if you think something is a troll post, report it to a moderator, rather than posting a complaint that will, itself, likely be subject to moderation.

On topic: While I really like that the burst PD beams are actually usable as point defense now, I haven't found them to be of much use outside that niche - they've got all the drawbacks of regular beams (no hard flux, low dps), combined with, well, even lower dps than other beams, and some of the worst flux-efficiencies of any energy weapon.  I really want a flag for burst PD that says "Only autofire at unshielded targets".
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »

There was that one thread that was just golden evidence (if proof is what you want, though really you dont need any proof of your own doings, others too have experience on these forums) but you deleted all your posts on it. Maybe you realized that you were being so ridiculous telling someone to gtfo that we assumed you were trolling when you were really just overlooking one of your own errors? Not a bad way of covering yourself, though i'd expect you not to repeat it in the future.

And then there's all those other instances where you fall back on "you mad bro" and "lol didn't read". Maybe you are just trolling without realizing what trolling is  :P. That seems likely, apparently you seen to think flaming is alright so its not a stretch to assume delusion.

Anyway, i want to try out that dual heavy burst laser tempest. Sounds like a blast.

Bartcheeks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 07:46:43 AM »

Rule no.1 of dealing with trolls, you do not respond to the trolls.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »

There was that one thread that was just golden evidence (if proof is what you want, though really you dont need any proof of your own doings, others too have experience on these forums) but you deleted all your posts on it. Maybe you realized that you were being so ridiculous telling someone to gtfo that we assumed you were trolling when you were really just overlooking one of your own errors? Not a bad way of covering yourself, though i'd expect you not to repeat it in the future.

And then there's all those other instances where you fall back on "you mad bro" and "lol didn't read". Maybe you are just trolling without realizing what trolling is  :P. That seems likely, apparently you seen to think flaming is alright so its not a stretch to assume delusion.

Anyway, i want to try out that dual heavy burst laser tempest. Sounds like a blast.

and what instances would those be? like i said to you in a previous posting, IF YOU RUN A SEARCH FOR ME USING THOSE WORDS, YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM.

so stop trying to slander me just because you got out worded in that thread.

SeaBee

• Commander
  • The stars are ... alive and breathing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

This is getting out of hand. I was hoping that we could avoid locking this thread, but I can see that isn't going to happen.
Pages: 1 [2]