Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is the worst job in the Sector?  (Read 550 times)

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
What is the worst job in the Sector?
« on: July 15, 2023, 08:02:31 PM »

Feel free to define "worst" in any way you choose!  ;D

For me, I'm thinking that being a fighter pilot for the Pirate faction has got to be the worst, because it probably has the lowest life expectancy, and the fact that they self destruct whenever the fleet is vanquished.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What is the worst job in the Sector?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 10:25:55 PM »

I remember some mention that being in phase space isn’t good for people so being a heavy dmod pirate gremlin sounds like a guaranteed slow death compared to merely almost certain quick death as a pilot.

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: What is the worst job in the Sector?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 01:57:29 AM »

1. Being the poor schmucks who get volunteered as service crew on reaver Pirate stations when I roll into their neighbourhood. Probably didn't even do anything wrong, sucks to suck though.
2. Being the merchants aboard said pirate stations. I generously sell them enough Heavy Armaments below market rate on their Open Market to arm several battalions, they have nowhere to safely store them, and then some mysterious *** show up with a small army of marines and steal all of them in a raid.

In both cases, they all die because the station gets blown up with no survivors. What a tragic outcome, what monster could have done this? What could they gain from such cruelty, except hundreds of thousands of credits for minimal risk and the earnest recognition of the Sector's powers for ending their pirate problems?