Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: [0.97a] LOST_SECTOR - Exploration and Quest content  (Read 188607 times)

XyttheElite117

• Ensign
  • Halo fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] LOST_SECTOR - Exploration and Quest content
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2024, 04:12:10 AM »

Spoilered content

Spoiler
Why do I have 4 Enigma fleets loiter around the jump point? I swear they were never there before, and sometimes I see them even near the core worlds fighting a random battle whenever I go back there
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:14:23 AM by XyttheElite117 »
Wort wort wort

Cryovolcanic

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2024, 12:27:25 PM »

Anyone have good builds for Kesteven ships?

I really like the Dragontail, and have used it as my (computer-controlled) flagship for my last 2 modded runs. Main character with just Ordnance Expertise/Polarized/EWM or Gunnery does pretty well with it and the Operations Center bonus is great for wolfpack/SO fleets. It is great for capping points, although I do wish it was a bit cheaper than 8 DP.

Dragontail loadout has been a phase lance + railguns or modded versions of these, with a bit of energy PD to get the 66/33 ratios right.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2024, 02:16:25 AM »

If I destroy all the Enigma bases will the Enigma disappear completely from my current game never to return?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2024, 10:34:22 AM »

So far as I know, the Enigma only replace themselves around Enigma bases.  So any instance outside of those is one-off and gone once you kill them.  I don't really know if the fleets in hyperspace will disappear completely, so I can't say for everything.

So yeah, destroying bases will prevent any recurring instance of Enigma.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2024, 12:36:30 PM »

Ahh damn.  So definitely leave a base or two if you want to keep acquiring their weapons and ships?

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2024, 10:57:28 AM »

Question about the endings :

Spoiler
I did a pure vanilla playthrough recently and hotdamn the last fight was super hard on Starfarer difficulty ! Very fun though.

I tried to find all "endings" and I want to know if I'm missing something :

1) First, I lied to Eliza to make her give me the 2 disks (no idea if it has any effect on the endings) ;

2) Then, I found 3 possible endings :

a) Side with Eliza => you get the blueprints for the heavy ships + weapons, 30 reputation points with the Pirates, Eliza becomes a Very High Underworld Contact and you enter hostilies with both Kesteven and the Hegemony (the game says "They will not forget this anytime soon", what does it mean ?). You can refuse to give her the UPC but she will only try to kill you ;

b) Side with Kesteven => you get the blueprints for the light ships, 25 reputation points with Kesteven, tons of trade points, you can get all ships and weapons from Kesteven and you become hostile to Tritachyon. Eliza also tries to kill you ;

c) Side with Tritachyon => you get either 2M or 2,5M credits and enter hostilies with Kesteven.

Am I missing something ?
[close]

PS : I don't know why, but the portraits of all the characters seem to be buggued since last update ? They are all replaced by vanilla portraits.

EDIT : I might be dumb, but can someone explain me how Throne's Gift works ? I get it that you earn automation points, but how do you use them ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 11:55:43 AM by Selfcontrol »

ttds flat-d major

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2024, 09:26:24 PM »

As per 0.6.2.b, if player-piloted ship is Temporal-Harmoniked by friendly Sunburst, the camera's time-flow does NOT sync with the ship's, resulting in the player ship seeming rushing forward with little control.
And changelogs do not mention this issue being addressed.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2024, 06:45:59 PM »

Awesome mod, but I really wish you can eventually keep the U.P.C. I found all the discs, and did all the fighting, why can't I keep what I earned?

Tomc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2024, 04:25:37 AM »

Hello,

What do I need to do to get the next quest in the chain? I successfully completed the Tri-Tachyon fleet mission, but the lady is telling me I should come back later, after they know if they can trust me.

It has been more than a cycle since then, I have 60 rep with Kesteven and I have purchased the agreement from Exo-Ship. What more do I need?

Lilly112

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2024, 10:02:41 AM »

I saw a loading screen tip that says "Kesteven will licence you things to build in your Heavy Industry" but I am not sure how that works.

PoDH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2024, 08:28:13 AM »

Reporting a possibly a bug??? I started the Enemy Unknown mission, didn't do it right away because it was very far away, (kind of forgot about it for a while). And when I want to do it, it said it's somehow completed even though I never went there or even that part of the sector.

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2024, 02:43:07 AM »

Not sure if this is the issue with this Mod or AotD or something else.

After defeating the Cryosleeper Guardian, and not having the resources to repair it. I came back, had resources, and now it is telling me i can give it a destination to go to or check it's status. No, didn't repair it, it just suddenly was...functional without materials input? I remember i used to be able to put it into my Fleet, slap it around a Planet or Station and be happy. What is going on here?

I will Copy and Paste this on the AotD Thread as well.

PoDH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2024, 06:55:53 AM »

Question about the endings :

Spoiler
I did a pure vanilla playthrough recently and hotdamn the last fight was super hard on Starfarer difficulty ! Very fun though.

I tried to find all "endings" and I want to know if I'm missing something :

1) First, I lied to Eliza to make her give me the 2 disks (no idea if it has any effect on the endings) ;

2) Then, I found 3 possible endings :

a) Side with Eliza => you get the blueprints for the heavy ships + weapons, 30 reputation points with the Pirates, Eliza becomes a Very High Underworld Contact and you enter hostilies with both Kesteven and the Hegemony (the game says "They will not forget this anytime soon", what does it mean ?). You can refuse to give her the UPC but she will only try to kill you ;

b) Side with Kesteven => you get the blueprints for the light ships, 25 reputation points with Kesteven, tons of trade points, you can get all ships and weapons from Kesteven and you become hostile to Tritachyon. Eliza also tries to kill you ;

c) Side with Tritachyon => you get either 2M or 2,5M credits and enter hostilies with Kesteven.

Am I missing something ?
[close]

PS : I don't know why, but the portraits of all the characters seem to be buggued since last update ? They are all replaced by vanilla portraits.

EDIT : I might be dumb, but can someone explain me how Throne's Gift works ? I get it that you earn automation points, but how do you use them ?

About siding with Eliza
Spoiler
Seems like the game lock your reputation with those two (or three) factions to at least "Inhospitable" state. Doesn't matter how many prisoner you free, quest or agent improve relation you did. They'll never accept you. I don't know the long term consequences though since I never play pro-pirate game. So I don't know if this hard relation cap is permanent or not, maybe it's using Sat bomb mechanic(which I never do). Also this probably gave some upgrade to the pirate fleet. Maybe Enigma ship and their weapons since they gave you those BP.
[close]

PoDH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2024, 07:00:07 AM »

Not sure if this is the issue with this Mod or AotD or something else.

After defeating the Cryosleeper Guardian, and not having the resources to repair it. I came back, had resources, and now it is telling me i can give it a destination to go to or check it's status. No, didn't repair it, it just suddenly was...functional without materials input? I remember i used to be able to put it into my Fleet, slap it around a Planet or Station and be happy. What is going on here?

I will Copy and Paste this on the AotD Thread as well.

I don't know if Cryosleeper mechanic was changed, but basically now it allows you to build a Special Cryosleeper Building in your colony in 10 Years radius.

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2024, 03:36:45 PM »

If I ever were to lose my Starsector data, or update the mod, is there any way to regain
Spoiler
Hellspawn and the Throne's Gift
[close]
without having to re-do the questline?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17