Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96a] Epta Consortium 2.1.0 - Discontinued  (Read 32318 times)

Qyku

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Epta Consortium 2.1.0
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2023, 07:05:59 PM »

Hello, I discovered a mission error that bricked my save. Thankfully I was able to restore due to Autosave mod and reproduce the error twice to confirm the source through starsector.log.

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.shipsystems.scripts.seven_shipSystem_gregariousness.apply(seven_shipSystem_gregariousness.java:50)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Seems to be the purple boss (IDKthe ship ID or name) in the Bounty mission for the Gregariousness, specifically the special boss, I can enter the mission normally and delpoy my ships, but it crashes as soon as the purple enemy activates it's seven ship system(I assume), which immediately crashes the game for me. Other user reported a similar issue, I have the ship showing as Epta consortium for mod origin via the WhichMod description. Hope I provided enough information.

If I encounter any other ship systems that cause crashes I'll post them here, until then I'll just avoid the enemy encounter.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2023, 03:09:24 AM »

One of the best mods I have played. I love every aspect of it, truly a work of art.

Casey Verma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2023, 08:26:02 PM »

Hello, I discovered a mission error that bricked my save. Thankfully I was able to restore due to Autosave mod and reproduce the error twice to confirm the source through starsector.log.

Code
at data.shipsystems.scripts.seven_shipSystem_gregariousness.apply(seven_shipSystem_gregariousness.java:50)

Seems to be the purple boss (IDKthe ship ID or name) in the Bounty mission for the Gregariousness, specifically the special boss, I can enter the mission normally and delpoy my ships, but it crashes as soon as the purple enemy activates it's seven ship system(I assume), which immediately crashes the game for me. Other user reported a similar issue, I have the ship showing as Epta consortium for mod origin via the WhichMod description. Hope I provided enough information.

If I encounter any other ship systems that cause crashes I'll post them here, until then I'll just avoid the enemy encounter.

Yeah I can confirm I've been having the exact same issue. Whenever I try to go fight this bounty, my game crashes in the middle of the fight. I tried using console commands from the console command mod to kill the entire fleet, but instead of doing that, it throws me a null error exception or something like that.

Quantax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2023, 11:21:25 PM »

Bug report: game crashes when fighting an Epta fleet with the following error:
Code
598797 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.shipsystems.scripts.seven_shipSystem_EptaShieldMastery.unapply(seven_shipSystem_EptaShieldMastery.java:241)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.Ôo0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.Òo0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.Õo0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)

If it matters, the fleet was spawned by More Military Missions station defence mission. I have not fought many 'naturally' spawned Epta fleets so can't say if this happens with them too.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2023, 09:24:55 PM »

Bug report:"Gregariousness" mission don't work well. The mission don't end after victory so you have to use console command. Plus , the command "nuke" and "kill" don't work( not cool)  and ( did you disable Super weapons not being effective on your fight? Maybe bug compatibility or just my AMD laptop doing *** as usual.)
 And aslo , where is the reward? Dit it comes later or is this also a bug?( unless there none which would be rude to say the least since the bounty can tank omega weapons.
Other bug:  ia core not returning normally to cargo when you remove them from a ship, it eventually return at a moment but don't know what trigger that.

Ps. question: does AI time dilatation is apply to a neural liked ship whit AI integrated on it (on both ship)?
And does time dilatation accumulate to other ship that already have smal time dilatation bonus? Like ( the Great house ships, Valkazard , or Sierra's ship?

Thanks for this great mod and your work.

Same problem, After managing to eliminate the target, the fight doesn't end.

cableking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2023, 02:52:38 PM »

Hey brother just letting you know I ran into a pretty consistent bug. Some other modded missile interacting with Epta. Not 100% which mod. I can send my mod list if that'll help even it down. Idk if your even still working on this but if I happen to figure out what exactly is causing it Ill reply in the thread. Otherwise love the mod. Cool ship design.
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MissileTwoStageSecondUnguidedAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.ifsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.spawnProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at data.shipsystems.scripts.seven_shipSystem_EptaPounceDrives$rebound.modifyDamageTaken(seven_shipSystem_EptaPounceDrives.java:74)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:68)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.super.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

budgetcommander0451

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2023, 06:19:44 PM »

A few bugs I noticed (all marked spoilers because to be honest I'm not sure I'm supposed to have any of these):
Spoiler
When trying to use the Galevis in a battle, I can't see anything and it doesn't appear on the map. The screen is all black in the simulations and all white in real battles.
When trying to use the Megrothia, the right fist works fine but the left fist doesn't work at all. Considering... well, *everything* from gameplay to file names to weapon names, I get an especially strong feeling of "I shouldn't have this." Looks really damn cool though. Can't wait until it's playable.
When trying to use the Skopefetis, the gun doesn't shoot under any circumstances.
The Proelefsi has no description, and neither does its Lamperocheri Core. Also, it crashes when I select one of its wings.
To be honest, the Galevis is the only one of these I'm pretty sure is bugged and not just unfinished/unimplemented/intentionally unaccessible.
[close]
Also, the Zaku is really awesome. That's not a bug or anything. I just wanted to express my adoration of it.

XAHTEP

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2024, 08:32:03 PM »

Was fighting fleet spawn by More military missions

1747905 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MissileTwoStageSecondUnguidedAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at data.shipsystems.scripts.seven_shipSystem_EptaPounceDrives$rebound.modifyDamageTaken(seven_shipSystem_EptaPounceDrives.java:74)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:68)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:60)

Astorish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2024, 03:07:46 PM »

This mod will currently cause Starsector to crash on Linux systems. This is because under graphics/ships, certain directories contain capitalization (eg. Skopefetis, Monitor etc.) and their hull entries in data do not contain capitalization when specifying the path that the .png file is in.

This is still the case with the latest version, would be nice if it got fixed. For anyone with this problem, it's possible to create a new, lowercase folder (in graphics/ships/) for Monitor and Skopefetis each, then copy or move the offending files into it. You can't just rename the folder because some of the files are still expected in the uppercase folder. Technically, you could just duplicate the folders and have one set with lowercase names, but for those who care, the specific files that are expected in the lowercase folder are listed below:
  • skopefetisleftarm.png
  •    ..leftshoulder.png
  •    ..rightshoulder.png
  •    ..head.png
  •    ..body.png
  •    ..thruster.png
  •    ..gun.png
  • MonitorGun.png
  •    ..Gun_glow.png

Bryanchox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2024, 06:32:32 PM »

Hey brother just letting you know I ran into a pretty consistent bug. Some other modded missile interacting with Epta. Not 100% which mod. I can send my mod list if that'll help even it down. Idk if your even still working on this but if I happen to figure out what exactly is causing it Ill reply in the thread. Otherwise love the mod. Cool ship design.

Just had this happen with the same error code. To me it happened while fighting a Bultach boss ship but it could be anything from other mods on that ship would be my guess. I can also send my mod list if needed

Rav0n

• Commander
  • Discord: rav0n_vii - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2024, 10:48:44 AM »

Hiyo guys, unfortunately the mod is no longer being developed, both developers are doing new projects separately, in my case, I'm with a small ship pack called Neoteric Advent, and a future project coming along soon.

Epta Consortium was a pleasure to make together with my colleagues, in special with omega9999999 (Aka the Mecha guy), khepht (Aka Huginblar, the Takeshido Race Car Mechanic), NuclearStudent (aka Dudeguy, the campaign manager), Haplogynae (Aka Maestro of the Symphony), forestfighters (Aka the Takeshido Redesigner), flansnundernail (Aka the Epta Weapon Redesigner) and Jameson (Aka a masterful mind that helped me since the start).

This was my first faction mod, so every experience that I passed through is a virtue which will be used in a future work, so keep an eye for any news coming along, perhaps will be soon.

Thank you for all, and I wish good luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 02:50:20 AM by xSevenG7x »

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2024, 04:49:38 PM »

well that's unfortunate, was a big fan of some of the weapons that came in this pack.

Hiyo guys, unfortunately the mod is no longer being developed, both developers are doing new projects separately, in my case, I'm with a small ship pack called Neoteric Advent, and a future project coming along soon.

Epta Consortium was a pleasure to make together with my colleagues, in special with omega9999999 (Aka the Mecha guy), khepht (Aka Huginblar, the Takeshido Race Car Mechanic), NuclearStudent (aka Dudeguy, the campaign manager), Haplogynae (Aka Maestro of the Symphony), forestfighters (Aka the Takeshido Redesigner), flansnundernail (Aka the Epta Weapon Redesigner) and Jameson (Aka a masterful mind that helped me since the start).

This was my first faction mod, so every experience that I passed through is a virtue which will be used in a future work, so keep an eye for any news coming along, perhaps will be soon.

Rav0n

• Commander
  • Discord: rav0n_vii - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2024, 03:44:35 AM »

well that's unfortunate, was a big fan of some of the weapons that came in this pack.

Thank you very much, future awaits the better^^
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:34:39 AM by xSevenG7x »

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2024, 08:06:40 AM »

Thanks for the completed mod. 
Now how to build the Galevis/officer so it stays alive by the end of a battle...

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2024, 09:46:14 AM »

Well, dang. I was interested in this, but was waiting for it to get a solid bug-fix pass before giving it a try. Guess I'll fire up SS 0.96 and see if Astorish's suggestion about file names works for me.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4