Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [REDACTED] Hunting Video Library (New video: Enforcer monofleet vs 3 Ordo)  (Read 2981 times)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi guys, making videos turns out to be fun and also I got a lot of appreciative feedback for them. Thanks! So, I made some more.

Here are demonstrations of some fleets that I did writeups of previously.

I intend to feature my other less powerful fleets to this post. The 5 ships vs 5 Ordo challenges are hard enough and merit their own threads.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos:
Paragon: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27399.0
Executor: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27329.0
Invictus: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27410.0

Enforcer monofleet vs 3 Ordo:

Pirate DEM spam with Venture Mk. II:

AI controlled Retribution monofleet vs. Remnant Ordo. Original thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27263.0

5 Radiant fleet demolishing a double Ordo (updated video):

Destroying an Ordo with Novas:

Venture (LP) vs. Double Ordo. Original thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27062.0

Colossus Mk. II vs. Remnant Ordo. Original thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27062.msg400751#msg400751

To-do: Venture Mk. II (Dragonfire variant), Derelict fleet, Pegasus if that doesn't turn out to be a 5 ships vs 5 Ordo challenge.

Let me know if there's something you'd like to see and feel free to comment on anything. Hope I brought a little fun to your day, I really liked making these and occasionally looking back at them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 05:13:47 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Trensicourt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Enforcer (XIV) spam please!

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Radiant spam.

Support Doctrine + Derelict Operations + Automated Ships.

5 d-mod unofficered Radiants are only 35 DP each ([60-10] * 0.7 = 35).  Without cores, 240 DP of automated ships is only a 50% CR hit, but they do get Combat Endurance and Crew Training.  So you should be able to field 6 Radiants sitting at 57% CR plus 30 DP worth of something else.  Maybe some officered support Afflictors or something for grabbing points.

Load them up with 2 large missiles, 4 medium missiles, ECCM and expanded missile racks and see how they do. Bonus points for a couple turreted Reality Disruptors to eliminate enemy PD and engines. :)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Radiant spam.

Support Doctrine + Derelict Operations + Automated Ships.

5 d-mod unofficered Radiants are only 35 DP each ([60-10] * 0.7 = 35).  Without cores, 240 DP of automated ships is only a 50% CR hit, but they do get Combat Endurance and Crew Training.  So you should be able to field 6 Radiants sitting at 57% CR plus 30 DP worth of something else.  Maybe some officered support Afflictors or something for grabbing points.

Load them up with 2 large missiles, 4 medium missiles, ECCM and expanded missile racks and see how they do. Bonus points for a couple turreted Reality Disruptors to eliminate enemy PD and engines. :)

Wow that sounds like fun! ...was what I thought. I built it a little differently so I could use Alpha cores. The fleet I ended up with was, well... let me put it this way, if you like to watch ships throw then boy do I have a fleet for you. But it is an all Remnant fleet that can take out an Ordo so that's something. You may notice I like to micro but here I learned to not give any orders because the Radiants' ability to ignore all danger invariably leads to disaster if they are ordered to do something, so I just let them roam and enjoy the beamspam. A non-Alpha build could use missiles which might be better.

Video added to OP!

Edit to add: you may be wondering about the 5x TL build. I tried HSA and 5x APL too, but these ships as of .96 will find a way to suicide even to frigates (literally die to swarms of Fulgents and Lumens) so 5x TL sniper build is intended as an anti-suicide measure and performed best. I was naively thinking this might beat 3x Ordo when I started but basically the Fearless AI is an insurmountable obstacle and it can only beat one Ordo no matter how I bulld it it seems. This would probably absolutely murder any human fleet that can't take 10x TL on the shields though.

Definitely happening, that was in fact my support of choice for the Derelict fleet last version already!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 06:46:34 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Cool!

I thought Remnant ships without an installed core defaulted to the usual faction wide officer settings.  One of the reasons I suggested Support Doctrine as then you might actually have steady officer Radiants if you want.  Or maybe I'm incorrectly remembering that interaction. I guess I should test that in 0.96 at some point.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh, if that's the way it works, then I should definitely try a 2x Squall 4x PCL build. Might be brutal. No field modulation, target analysis or missile spec will definitely be felt though, should in fact just be as good as 1x squall 2x PCL with skills roughly. Still, PCL spam was effective on the Ventures. It's just you can afford to lose them in the effort while losing capitals early really hurts. However, if they can be persuaded to be just aggressive... We'll see about that.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So running a few quick tests, it definitely feels like Support Doctrine Radiants are *much* less suicidal when set to aggression level 1 on the doctrine page.

Since I had some lying around in a save, just did a quick test with Support Doctrine + Automated Ships + Hull Restoration with 3 Radiants at 90% CR, with an Executor (also support doctrine) and 3 Medusa (officered).  Worked fine in two fights, both with two fairly random setups.  Autopulse + Plasma for one, and triple Tachyon for the other, both backed by Squalls and Proximity Charge Launchers.  Lost a Medusa on the second one because of poor positioning (got sandwiched) but the Radiant actually backed off and was drawing the enemy Radiant away.  Effectively solo the enemy Radiant's damage for the later half of the fight once it showed up, but never went down until everything else mopped up.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You know what, I realized it was foolish to worry about partially loaded missiles when you do have base 3x missiles. The Radiants are so aggressive that the missiles last through a double Ordo fight regardless. I think that taking this into account an Alpha Core build should be stronger (though I didn't test the SD build) since vs enemy capitals this build has 2x missile DPS (1.1*1.5*1.2).

In fact it turns out this demolishes an enemy double Ordo decisively in 5 minutes. I've updated the video in the OP. For anyone wanting to see the Tachyon Lance spam it's still available on the channel but the difference in effectiveness when you put in missiles to the Synergy missile slots is like night and day.

(Also, for the Hull Restoration Derelict Operations build, turns out it is good that they die regularly because otherwise Hull Restoration can ruin your build by removing too many D-mods, since the ships must have at least 3-4 D-mods for the fleet to function. For example I could only deploy 1 Lumen this fight thanks to Hull Restoration)

Edit: I decided to try the Nova. It's not really double Ordo capable because the ships will end up making mistakes but oh how it demolishes single Ordos. Thoroughly enjoyable ship, this one too. In fact now that I figured to put missiles on the Radiants and add durability to the Nova I find I'm enjoying these Remnant ships quite a bit. Video added to OP.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 05:27:10 AM by CapnHector »

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [REDACTED] Hunting Video Library (New videos: Enforcer, Dragonfire)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 04:53:24 PM »

Took me a moment to get back to this but I now have an Enforcer monofleet vs double Ordo video up!

This pains me a little because I was fairly sure this is a triple Ordo fleet. In fact in one such combat I got to taking out 3 of 5 Radiants. However, due to time constraints (couldn't beat triple Ordo with several tries) I'm just posting a double Ordo fight and one with some mistakes. I think this ship is very stylish though. Can't go wrong with 5 medium ballistics for 9 DP?

This was the build I ended up using.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile

What fighter does it have?

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile

If I've counted correctly, the fighter costs 8 OP - which means Broadswords or Claws.

I could see both being useful for this. Broadswords are a solid source of Kinetic DPS and help those Breaches actually land, and the Claws are a useful source of a LOT of EMP. Could even be a mix.

That said, Broadswords are a source of PD. Claws aren't.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sorry about the occlusion. The fighter is Broadsword. However, to maintain fleet DP at 240 (is the primary reason) 10 unofficered Enforcers out of a total of 25 have Talons instead. This was a compromise since Broadsword is better than Talon, but not by enough to justify taking fewer Enforcers. If DP weren't an obstacle I'd want Warthogs on it. I also tried Thunder spam which was less good and all Talons, as well as Xyphos on officers and Talons on others (reducing ship count) but these didn't seem as good.

I show the fleet, build and character at the start of each video.

Also, reviewing, I notice 1 thing that definitely should be different. Instead of Field Modulation and EMR, officered ships should have Missile Spec and Hardened Shields. Since this would give the same build but with several minor bonuses.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:35:59 PM by CapnHector »

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Update, new content! I was able to beat 3 Ordos and even quite cleanly (lost 7 Enforcers) with the 240 DP Enforcer monofleet. Video is in the OP. I think this is actually one of the better and more interesting fleets I've created despite how it's only 3 Ordo.

The key was
1) Realizing I do not need the Hardened Subsystems if I am sufficiently aggressive
2) Designing different loadouts for the unofficered and officered ships so all have at least 12 Hammers while officered ships synergize with skills
3) Realizing that if I am of the opinion that it is not worth it to improve fighters to field fewer Enforcers, then why not just all-in Talons since they will still perform the vital roles of distraction and cleanup.

This was the officer ship build (fighter is Talon)

This was the unofficered ship build

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile

I love this series. Keep it up!

Do you have any plans to showcase fights against doritos?

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks! I will  ;D I haven't really thought about it, I guess I originally thought I'd have Dorito content but then I realized the fights really just aren't that challenging, for example speedrun to Ordo kill may be more difficult than speedrun to Dorito kill. The special bounty would be great but is non-repeatable and it would be the same fight over and over. Taking suggestions if you have ideas.

Kind of funny the best I've been able to do with Eagle is 2 Ordos while with Enforcer it's 3. Though I've only messed around with Eagle LG. It's such an unspiring ship layout... But maybe with kinetic blasters you could do something. Hm.
Pages: [1] 2