Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] Epsilon Pact 0.3.93-RC3  (Read 5719 times)

mezzelo

• Ensign
  • lasher enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Epsilon Pact 0.3.93-RC1
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2023, 05:22:45 PM »

Got a NullPointerException when initiating conversation with the beta core contact. The occurrence is random and ends with you "dying" in the game.

Spoiler
2133019 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.EndConversation: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at stelnet.board.contact.ContactDialog.notifyActivePersonChanged(ContactDialog.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.EndConversation.execute(EndConversation.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:89)
   at stelnet.board.contact.ContactDialog.init(ContactDialog.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper.oö0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.showDialog(Unknown Source)
   at stelnet.board.contact.CallContact$1.onConfirm(CallContact.java:26)
   at uilib.Button.onConfirm(Button.java:70)
   at uilib.RenderableIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(RenderableIntel.java:29)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Thank you for the report.  I've noticed you're using Stellar Networks - are you 1. using the call button on the stellar networks contact manager, and 2. are you at unfriendly or worse relations with the pact or is tocquiera not under pact control?

I was able to replicate the issue under these conditions - put out a fix, that should apply on your end whatever the issue may be.  if it still occurs for you, I might need some more info.  also, is your stellar networks up to date? (v3.1.3)

I am using Stellar Networks version 3.0. At the time of the issue, the market was in control of Epsilon Pact and had 100 relations with them.
Odd.  Be sure to update both, and do let me know if you run into the issue - I think the patch should fix it, regardless.  thanks again.

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Epsilon Pact 0.3.93-RC2
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2023, 11:08:55 AM »

Really loving the bits and pieces I'm coming across. Can vouch that the Half-Rift Pike (30 OP Energy) is awesome - if you have a capital that can mount multiple, your kill pressure is astounding and you can usually quickly overload weaker ships - and if you're using a Combat build and some supporting kinetics, that's just about every ship you come across. It's also much better in the AI's hands than Tach Lances (esp. when using Advanced Turret Gyros) as they miss less and can't sweep away from a target and miss most of the beam. Absolute killing machine.

The Auto Slugshot has also been a favourite of mine, especially mid game. A lot of cruisers need a bursty long-range medium kinetic on a budget, and this weapon does that perfectly. Let's not forget the AM Flamer, that thing's hilarious (though I haven't used it myself yet). I haven't seen many weapons or fighters from your mod actually show up in my game (probably because I'm allied with Epsilon actually so haven't had reason to fight them), but what has appeared has been quite memorable. Well done.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2023, 05:47:14 PM »

Got a crash on the SlamFire ship system. Using the system without any weapons causes a crash.

Code
6860200 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.shipsystems.espc_SlamfireStats.apply(espc_SlamfireStats.java:110)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)

mezzelo

• Ensign
  • lasher enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2023, 10:03:41 PM »

Got a crash on the SlamFire ship system. Using the system without any weapons causes a crash.
thanks again, had totally forgotten this edge case.  put out a patch for this, although it's a fairly avoidable and shouldn't affect normal gameplay.

update also (finally!) includes proper support for version checker changelog & fixes the forum link if that matters to anyone - though it shouldn't, because surely i won't be making any more patches before a proper content release :)

Really loving the bits and pieces I'm coming across. Can vouch that the Half-Rift Pike (30 OP Energy) is awesome - if you have a capital that can mount multiple, your kill pressure is astounding and you can usually quickly overload weaker ships - and if you're using a Combat build and some supporting kinetics, that's just about every ship you come across. It's also much better in the AI's hands than Tach Lances (esp. when using Advanced Turret Gyros) as they miss less and can't sweep away from a target and miss most of the beam. Absolute killing machine.

The Auto Slugshot has also been a favourite of mine, especially mid game. A lot of cruisers need a bursty long-range medium kinetic on a budget, and this weapon does that perfectly. Let's not forget the AM Flamer, that thing's hilarious (though I haven't used it myself yet). I haven't seen many weapons or fighters from your mod actually show up in my game (probably because I'm allied with Epsilon actually so haven't had reason to fight them), but what has appeared has been quite memorable. Well done.
Thanks for the thoughts, good to see things working about as intended. There are no new fighters introduced in this mod (pact doctrine largely avoids fighters, among other things) and relatively few things to be found away from their territory, aside from cross-faction ship skins and the odd pirate weapon.

It's a pretty common complaint that mod factions don't cross-pollinate enough with regular gameplay.  there's more planned to remedy the current state of things in the future, though i think there's a decent spread of content/incentive to visit as-is.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:09:10 PM by mezzelo »

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2023, 07:14:29 AM »

thanks again, had totally forgotten this edge case.  put out a patch for this, although it's a fairly avoidable and shouldn't affect normal gameplay.

Haha, found this issue when fighting an enemy that had autofitted with no weapons. Can never predict these things.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Epsilon Pact 0.3.93-RC3
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2023, 11:29:36 PM »

So, lemme start with: This is a really neat mod. Some neat ship systems, new explorarium ships that are actually sometimes worth using... good stuff all around.

...However, I've run into two bugs with it. Or, well... bug-adjacent behaviors? Things that annoy me and could be improved on? I was quite certain the second one was a bug until I realized this mod was doing it on purpose, anyway...
  • EP's Khemsala system just about overlaps with the Holy Covenant of Kemet's Kemet star system. Moving Khemsala just a bit further south and maybe some east-ish would fix this.
  • Remnant battlestation generation is over-aggressive, with fully-intact stations turning up in low-threat systems (where even if you're friends with them they'll stomp pirate fleets as soon as you show up and deny you bounty payouts), and high-threat systems tending to end up with half-a-dozen stations, making the game slow to a crawl just from the sheer number of fleets running around.
Of these, I'd say the second one is the more serious issue. I'd suggest, in particular, making sure that the mod won't place battlestations in low threat systems, and making sure that the mod won't cause any system to have more than two battlestations.
I'd also suggest only generating at most one damaged battlestation in a medium threat system, and only if that system does not currently have such a battlestation, and only if the player hasn't recently destroyed a battlestation in that system, and maybe even only if the system had such a damaged battlestation at some point in the past - not every medium threat system gets one, after all.
(Additionally, things that I haven't tested but you should probably double-check and make certain of: don't generate battlestations in systems that have been colonized, by the player, or by NPC factions via Nexerelin colony expeditions. Also, don't generate battlestations in the system the player is in.)

...And that's if you're really really sure you want to add more remnant battlestations in the first place; I'm not entirely convinced that this is a good idea outside of player-involved mechanics like Nexerelin's mission you can get to go provide the supplies to make a new battlestation. Still, I won't say "no, don't ever do this", just... reign it in, some, please? Six is entirely too much for one system, and they've turned up in places they're not supposed to be and kill-stolen bounty fleets multiple times.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

mezzelo

• Ensign
  • lasher enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 01:18:05 AM »

-snip-
Thank you for the feedback.  I'll have to re-home their systems to fix the kemet conflict, yes, and there should definitely *not* be six battlestations in a single system - something's likely wrong with the code, there shouldn't be more than one per system!  I'll see about having a patch for this out quite soon.

Remnant station generation is probably 1. too aggressive at the moment and 2. not as clearly telegraphed as it ought to be.  It primarily serves to reinforce their lore and to differentiate them from more good-aligned factions by explicitly making the average scavenger's (and usually the player's) life more miserable - there's a cost to consider if you're not friendly with remnants, and I do want that to involve plaguing otherwise attractive systems for the player, but not to the extent that you've experienced here.

Current implementation is fairly barebones and very subject to change.  I'll be sure to tune it down - lower frequency tied to their owned markets, damaged stations for lower hazard systems (if not none at all) and harsher criteria for placement to hopefully avoid interfering in ways they shouldn't.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 09:42:01 AM »

Cool, looking forwards to it.

I think part of the issue is just how much time it typically takes me to even find a high-threat system, which is perhaps a function of playstyle as well - someone using, say, the nex start that gives you a colony right off, who then went aggressively exploring for remnants to fight, might reasonably want a faster spawn rate than I do.

Whereas for me, who generally explores haphazardly when there's a mission in a particular direction... it can be multiple cycles before I find anything (and then boom, multiple battlestations all at once.) Doesn't help when the map generation occasionally decides to stuff all the remnant-theme systems off in one corner of the map, either.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 11:57:01 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

o0Tetra0o123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2023, 03:22:41 AM »

Get a crash at the end of the month it might have something to do with Epta consortium because its happened both times I've entered the Syzygy Actuators Tradebase though that might be a coincidence. Other than that I have no idea what could be causing it, I'm also running a lot of mods so that probably doesn't help.
loading an old save from about 4 ingame months back fixed it for a while but its happening again now.
any help would be appreciated, thanks
Spoiler
360116 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.moveToMarket(Misc.java:5885)
   at data.campaign.listeners.espc_EconomyListener.reportEconomyMonthEnd(espc_EconomyListener.java:84)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEconomyMonthEnd(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfMonthStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

Qyku

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2023, 03:49:56 PM »

Code
518426 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.moveToMarket(Misc.java:5885)
    at data.campaign.listeners.espc_EconomyListener.reportEconomyMonthEnd(espc_EconomyListener.java:84)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEconomyMonthEnd(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfMonthStuff(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)

Crash keeps occuring at the same point in the game. I have no idea where or whats causing it, I tried removing the faction through console command by taking the epsilon planets, but it still crashes.
Pages: 1 [2]