Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Space Shanties  (Read 654 times)

Rusty Edge

• Commander
    • View Profile
Space Shanties
« on: June 15, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »

Most folks who read the lyrics should recognize the original tune.

Lines could be altered slightly for your favorite faction.

My father told me
One day I will buy
Strong and sturdy hull
Score of fearless souls

Burning bright through the night
Mighty engines flare
Setting course for the heavens
Burning villians there

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Space Shanties
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 10:25:36 PM »

okay so I know this was semi-serious BUT why was my first thought on that a singing Vtuber ?

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
We are the Pigs from Uranus, the greatest planet of all
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 05:39:20 AM »

I'm not sure if the intent of this topic was to post our own, so I didn't hijack it.  I don't actually have any original space shanties, but lyrical parody is one of my three favorite art styles.  Back when I first saw that trailer for the Total Warhammer Vampire Coast expansion, I really liked their pirate shanty, but the bit there is in the trailer is all there is of it.  Somebody should adapt that song for space pirates.  In the StarSector universe of transhumanism, artificial intelligence, and seventh-dimensional salf-aware bioalgorithms, the lyrics can make as much sense as they do in the WHF universe.  I considered posting the space shanty of The Pigs From Uranus in here, if anybody remembers the old Wonder Wart Hog comics from the seventies.  But, once again, it's not my place to hijack your topic unless you ask me to.