Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A simple UI feature  (Read 5758 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A simple UI feature
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »

The change should take place where the red arrow is pointing. It should show the name of the weapon in grey when it is out of ammo. It should show the name of the weapon in red when it is disabled, and the reload bar should count down to when it is going to be repaired. Everything to the left of that is already cramped enough without trying to add more crap over there.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »

No offense, but is it just me, or are we now arguing over the EXACT same idea I already presented near the start of this topic...??? I'm sensing redundancy here...

Granted, I didn't provide pics for examples, but I thought it wouldn't have been necessary... Guess I was wrong?

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »

Well, everyone now knows exactly where I want it. I thought some people wanted disabled weapon prompts to show up where Sensor Array and Nav Beacon buffs are located, or where the weapon groups are located. That would make the UI as cluttered as hell.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »

LoL I think after my inital post here, everyone was more or less aware of the fact that I was suggesting re-using the weapons listings. I thought of that for the same reason you did: prevent the UI from being clutter by info that can be incorporated elsewhere easily.

Hell, maybe I'll make a mock-up of my idea just for fun and definitive visualization for everyone ^_~

Alrenous

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »

I would be happy just with the reload bar filling up. Text colours would be a bonus.

kwekly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »

Alternatively -- since the 6/8 indicator doesn't give you all the information you need: 

When you target your own ship (or hold a key) small red timers appear in the display with lines indicating which weapons are down and for how long.

I think of it as a bit like calling for "damage report" among your crew.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »

Just to clarify and make my suggestion a bit more (painfully) obvious, I made a visual aid.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 [2]