Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Carrier Group/Fighter Uplink skills get dragged down by subpar flight decks  (Read 2737 times)

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Make the carrier skills work off "OP spent on fighters" rather than off flight decks. Problem solved. Inbuilt drones cost nothing, Odysseys without fighters don't count towards the limit, Geminis won't make them suck.

I don't know what the breakpoint count be but something like "120 OP on fighters" might be an idea for the soft limit. that's about 8-10 wings of mixed fighters or bombers, and gives you some options to intentionally mount "worse" fighters to keep your bonuses longer. Also means you can do hilarious stuff like fleets of mining drones with full bonuses, which I don't think will be threatening but would be funny.

Idea shamelessly credited from Somethingawful poster OctaMurk, who suggested this.

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile

i am gonna leave this link to a thread i made a while ago kinda didn't got much attention back then
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27040
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The reason why fighters feel a bit useless in large battles is the scaling effect Integrated Targeting Unit has on PD weapons.  Frigates will have trouble even firing on fighters that have surrounded it, either the fighters are firing out of the range of PD or they're passing over the ship and going too fast to be fired upon.  Where as capitals can typically start firing before the everything short of bombers is in range, providing a much longer interval where PD can track and shoot fighters down.

The fact most of the best PD weapons are in larger slots is just secondary.

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

i am gonna leave this link to a thread i made a while ago kinda didn't got much attention back then
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27040

Basically, they suggest Hullmods that increase the Carrier Group deck limit and/or 0-cost ones that enable/disable the skill effects on the decks for the purpose of de/prioritizing which carriers benefit from them.

I once made a similar suggestion for all scaling skills in general, though I used the Carrier Group as a example then.

Though getting reminded of those gave me an idea:

A checkbox under/on the side of each deck, hovering over them will say that they enable/disable if the Carrier Group applies to the deck and will also show you the fleet total usage of the skill, if it goes over the softcap and the final adjusted bonuses for the planes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:21:35 PM by Shinr »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]