Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Action slowdown.  (Read 731 times)

Sparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Action slowdown.
« on: June 05, 2023, 02:16:40 AM »

I can't find anything in the options so I was wondering was there some other way to slow down the action or battles? 

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Action slowdown.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 02:29:16 AM »

You can slow down your fleet while travelling by pressing and holding "S".
You can pause the game and the battles at every occasion by pressing "Space". This is also avaible while you use the tactical view in battle (pressing "TAB"), to get a better overview.

Other than that, there are no ways to slow down the game.

Sparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 03:27:47 AM »

You can slow down your fleet while travelling by pressing and holding "S".
You can pause the game and the battles at every occasion by pressing "Space". This is also avaible while you use the tactical view in battle (pressing "TAB"), to get a better overview.

Other than that, there are no ways to slow down the game.

Okay thank you.  I didn't think there would be a way.  With being a new player I wanted to take note of what was happening on the battlefield.  I guess fair use of 'pause' will do the same.
At first I thought there was something wrong with my graphics.  It was a while later that I realised that my map was running on top of the battlefield.   ;)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 04:27:49 PM »

If the combat is too high speed for you, you can actually slow it down via changing the number on the line ("combatSpeedMult":1f,) in the settings.json file located in "...\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\config" This file can be opened with a simple text editor but ALWAYS make backups first!
That 1 is the combat speed. Think of it like a percentage, with 1 being 100% of the normal combat speed. Setting it to 0.75 or 0.5 might help you but be warned it might make some larger ships a pain to fly with how slow they are.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Sparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 12:58:37 AM »

If the combat is too high speed for you, you can actually slow it down via changing the number on the line ("combatSpeedMult":1f,) in the settings.json file located in "...\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\config" This file can be opened with a simple text editor but ALWAYS make backups first!
That 1 is the combat speed. Think of it like a percentage, with 1 being 100% of the normal combat speed. Setting it to 0.75 or 0.5 might help you but be warned it might make some larger ships a pain to fly with how slow they are.

Fantastic.  I at least have that option now which is great.  I only want to slow them slightly.  Thank you.