Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 14th battlegroup  (Read 2418 times)

Exidor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
14th battlegroup
« on: May 26, 2023, 03:26:33 AM »

I found a black market dealer who offered 14th battlegroup hulls is that a bug or as intended?
If it is as intended does that mean I can find schematics for those ships?

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Re: 14th battlegroup
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 03:39:32 AM »

In my current RC10 playthrough, I've found the blueprints for the Enforcer XIV and the Onslaught XIV at Research Stations in the outer reaches.  I'm pretty sure you can raid one of the Hegemony worlds, I think it's Chicomoztoc (sp?) to get all of the XIV blueprints if you were so inclined.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 03:41:50 AM by Network Pesci »

Exidor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 03:42:02 AM »

Thank you for the info

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 05:06:32 AM »

Raesvelg (in Valhalla) has an industry and the blueprints too and is much easier to raid than Chicomoztoc.

eert5rty7u8i9i7u6yrewqdef

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 07:49:11 AM »

I found a black market dealer who offered 14th battlegroup hulls is that a bug or as intended?
If it is as intended does that mean I can find schematics for those ships?
No it's not a bug. Very High importance pirate contacts with high priority contact selected for them will offer all available blueprints including XIV.

Yes. You can also find a few derelict XIV Legions just floating around the sector.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 01:15:06 AM »

Yep, high pirate contract can give you 14th ships (Through it'll rarely sale in black-market, except you sale the 14th ship or sales 14th ship blueprint)
Albeit by Lore.
14th battlegroup is the founder of the Hegemony but the related-tech to build's a truly functional 14th's ship was lost.
*Because most of the ship used Domain era tech which many were lost and many are label as forbidden/heretic tech by the Hegemony and the Luddism.
So the current 14th ships in Vanilla are what's left of the 14th expedition who arrived to the sector.
They can no longer build and many still scatter across the sector. (with likely more than centuries old)

** I think most of the low-tech/midline ships in Hegemony arsenal are based on 14th designs. (better speed but worse armor)

***If put Iron Shell mod in the game.
The entire 14th battlegroup arrives to the sector (In Vanilla only the few 14th member arrive to sector while most of the battlegroup were lost in the faraway place outside the Persean sector) with has all 14th's related-tech.
This allows the Hegemony to re-access to their lost 14th again.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 01:17:21 AM »

Is there ever a chance that the devs would buff the 14th Battlegroup? I find it disappointing that for all the hype and impressive feats that the 14th was capable of from founding the hegemony to being considered top of the line ships they are pretty lackluster and sometimes struggle to combat high tech ships. It would be a good idea that 1 you can no longer buy them and instead have to find them across the Persean Sector but they do provide far more better stat buffs such as better armor(400 instead of 100) and better flux(20%-30% over 5%) or give them something that no other ship can possess.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 08:56:09 AM »

The XIV battlegroup received a huge buff in the update!  What are you talking about?  ;D

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2023, 04:38:40 PM »

Imo, Falcon, and after recent speed buff Eagle are better without XIV. Speed is the main advantage these 2 have over competition.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 01:05:16 AM »

huh saw the legion and the eagle. shame the dominator didn't get much but still glad its better. I can't tell if it's cursed to see a 14th conquest or pegasus.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 04:02:44 AM »

Is there ever a chance that the devs would buff the 14th Battlegroup? I find it disappointing that for all the hype and impressive feats that the 14th was capable of from founding the hegemony to being considered top of the line ships they are pretty lackluster and sometimes struggle to combat high tech ships. It would be a good idea that 1 you can no longer buy them and instead have to find them across the Persean Sector but they do provide far more better stat buffs such as better armor(400 instead of 100) and better flux(20%-30% over 5%) or give them something that no other ship can possess.
14th ships are very powerful throughout.
In Vanilla, they embodied the symbol pg Hegemony doctrine which focuses on line combat with the very sturdy ships.
The slower debuff is too small to consider in the fight, compare to more armor.