Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81

Author Topic: Submissions for project CAELUS  (Read 346772 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Submissions for project CAELUS
« Reply #630 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »

Tholian Directive:

Can't it be more...

scientific? ;D
What should I add to make it more scientific?

Some hightech stuff, like....

A spaceship? Think aperture science! ;D

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 17, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

Like so?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 17, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »

Like so?

well, my good sir, that's pure awesomeness. Thumbs up! :D

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 17, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »

I have inserted my symbols into the dropbox folder.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 17, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »

I have inserted my symbols into the dropbox folder.

Very good. I shall use them on the proper ships.

Also, The Soldier, would you mind if we constructed the Ferrus faction out of more...
proper ships, instead of kitbashes? (You know, the no vanilla rule for the CAELUS universe ;))

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 17, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »

No problem. ;D
So long they keep that "in rust we trust" style to it (like condors, tarsus, etc.) and have midline engines.

EDIT:
For ***'s sake, where the hell is HardlyJoking?  I haven't seen or heard from him in ages.  I'm just gonna start writing my own lore for the Ferrus then.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 17, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »

Last time I checked he said he had exams and that he hadn't enough time to look at the lore thread.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 17, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

No problem. ;D
So long they keep that "in rust we trust" style to it (like condors, tarsus, etc.) and have midline engines.

EDIT:
For ***'s sake, where the hell is HardlyJoking?  I haven't seen or heard from him in ages.  I'm just gonna start writing my own lore for the Ferrus then.
hej soldier could you reply to my earlier post.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »

Oh, thanks for the new icon!  The rifle looks more appealing, thanks. ;D

We should need more ships for them, instead of kitbashes? We could always get someone good at sprites to work with the ferrus ships :D
wait did i just hear someone asking for a spriter?

edit: ill check there style out tomorrow

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 17, 2012, 12:54:07 PM »

Oh, thanks for the new icon!  The rifle looks more appealing, thanks. ;D

We should need more ships for them, instead of kitbashes? We could always get someone good at sprites to work with the ferrus ships :D
wait did i just hear someone asking for a spriter?

edit: ill check there style out tomorrow

Yes. Yes you did. :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 17, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »

Erm, earlier post?  Sorry, but I can't find it in th elast 4 pages.  Did it happen to be about the weapons?  If it is, I still have to know if the Collectors are going to be in-game at some point (no one tells me anything these days)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 17, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »

OK, thanks.  I'll have to wait for Upgrade to say if they're going to be in DEMO 4 or not, if they are then I'll make them.
ow those ^ ^
,but with the help i was reffering to more standart weaponry.
i got some concepts here so if you would like to say if they are possible to code or not,
then i will make there sprites
all weapons can be small,medium and large.
i will start with small sprites andfor the best i will make medium and large versions.

- Hunters lazer, used by fast frigats to hunt down fleeing ships, energyweapon, energy pulse lazer with slight emp damage to disable engines.
- tesla pd, used to fend off fighters and missles, energy weapon, energy beam lazer with insane turn rate(tesla doesnt have to turn to shoot ,but cause this probaply aint possible in the game ill make it an insane turn rate) ,but small damage.
- Smoker, used to cover retreats or to destroy missles and fighters, ballistic, drops a massive amount of small mines which have weak damage. (if possible i dont want them to float into the direction the ship goes)
- Shotgun , shoots out large amount of projectiles mainly used in close range, ballistic, not much else to say about.
- suicide planes, fires unmanned small suicide fighters mainly used against small targets such as fighters and frigats,missle, fast, great tracking, good armor, but not as much damage and ammo.
- Wave , shoots unguided missles to all directions at the same time. only preforms well in the middle of the battlefield, missle, weak kinect damage, two volleys ammo, more dps than normal missle systems but hard to let all missles hit something, no tracking, but fast.
- Ultra light, spread beam, energy weapon that spreads lights like a flash light only energy damage, small range ,but good damage.
- sniper gun, ballistic , long range , 10 shots per minute, good damage, explosive damage, rather slow projectiles for his range, hard to handle.
- fluxinator (  :D ) , energy weapon, gives flux to targets at medium range, beam weapon, high flux usage ,but gives more flux to targets than it costs, almost no damage.
- emp pulse laser, similar to pulse laser ,but with some emp damage instead of normal damage.
- kinect pulse laser, same as above but then with kinect.
- fire work, counter missle and fighter defence, shoots out one missle that upon reaching certain distance explodes and fires unguided (colourfull) projectiles to all sides, missle, low damage, fragmentation, 3 missles as ammo. (if possible i would like other missles to be attracted to the projectiles like heat seekings missles to flares), also good as distraction of the pd defences from larger ships.
- triple minig laser, just what the name sais, energy weapon, 3 mining lasers (3 beams) attached to eachother.
- lazor!, average high flux and damage laser ,but fires in bursts of 3 and got some extra burst damage, low accuracy.
this is it for now, please tell me which are possible and which are not.

this is the ealier post you requested.
Erm, earlier post?  Sorry, but I can't find it in th elast 4 pages.  Did it happen to be about the weapons?  If it is, I still have to know if the Collectors are going to be in-game at some point (no one tells me anything these days)

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 18, 2012, 06:27:05 AM »

I don't really know if I'm doing this right, but never mind. Here is what I got so far.

Weapon sprites btw.

It's only a 1:1 screen cap, because none of them is finished, just want so hear your criticism, hate, maybe... love?

From left to right:
The first and second weapons are turret and hardpoint sprite of a medium lowtech assault beam cannon. It builds up lots of flux at a high damage rate. The beam is slightly wider than the one of the Phase Beam and red. Haven't really thought about the other stats for now.

The third one is also a medium beam weapon. I thought of a beam weapon with emp damage, but... I don't really know what this one does yet for sure.

Fourth one is a large double laser gatling gun. Yeah, double gatling gun, I don't think I have to really say something about that one. But I want it with a hugh flux buildup and less accurate than the Autopulse Laser. But without the charge system, more like the Pulse Laser. Haven't really thought about the projectiles yet.

And last and probably least a small lowtech assault beam cannon. Like a smaller version of the first medium beam cannon. But not sure with that.

Haven't done any animations yet.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 18, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »

@TheHappyFace
Ah, Happy I can make all of those, except the Fluxinator, for obvious reasons, unless you want it doing some significant damage to armor in addition to shields.  I might be able to do the cloud of little bomblets (smoker) with some "hacking" (my own little out of the ordinary code ;D).  And suicide planes, I'll need the sprite for the planes of course.

EDIT:
@Muffel
Yea, I'll get cracking on those as well.

UNWOUND, I NEED YOUR HELP! ;D

Muffel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 18, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »

@Muffel
Yea, I'll get cracking on those as well.

But they aren't finished yet o.O
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81