Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96a] Starpocalypse Revengeance - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 15125 times)

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starpocalypse Revengeance - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2023, 07:09:05 PM »

Sorry, I got another request. Is there a way to add the "stingyRecoveriesCombatPlayerShipsSize" to derelict ships too? Or is that out of the realm of reason.

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2023, 05:04:04 AM »

Sorry I have a couple more questions. The only way I could get proper military ships/weapons with the restrictions on would be to access a faction's military market or their black market right? Also about my above question is there any way I could mod it myself to make derelicts require story points based on their ship class? I've gone through all the files and don't really understand them lol

Stukov81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2023, 10:32:46 AM »

is this crashing with VIC Volkov for anyone else?

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin

it is the same for me

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2023, 10:50:21 AM »

Something in your games is trying to find a class from this mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24378.0

No clue why, but installing that should work around the crash for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:54:08 AM by XpanD »

Stukov81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2023, 07:20:31 AM »

what also works is to use the 1.5.7 version of Volkov industries instead of the 1.5.8 or 1.5.8a

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2023, 08:47:10 PM »

Sorry, I got another request. Is there a way to add the "stingyRecoveriesCombatPlayerShipsSize" to derelict ships too? Or is that out of the realm of reason.

That would require a more substantial rewrite of the code as compared with what happened with the derelict ships.

Sorry I have a couple more questions. The only way I could get proper military ships/weapons with the restrictions on would be to access a faction's military market or their black market right? Also about my above question is there any way I could mod it myself to make derelicts require story points based on their ship class? I've gone through all the files and don't really understand them lol

Best ways to get ships/weapons in my experience: Military market with commission, scavenging/combat, mission contact on world with nanoforge for the spare production slot mission, arms dealer.

I don't think mods can make specific ship recoveries require more than one story point. The ship is either in the list to require a story point or not require a story point.

Def16

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2023, 10:13:39 AM »

This is a neat mod that I've been meaning to get around to playing for awhile now.

Just started a game with TT commission and they gave me the high tech blueprint package right off the bat. A surprise to be sure.  Visited a couple Heg planets and each had faction bar contacts wanting to offload warships on to me. Plus the usual drunks blubbering about their D-moded freighters.
I kinda thought I'd have a harder time finding ships tbh.

Anyways, it looks like warships that you get from factions in the bars do not start with any d-mods. Is this a matter of luck or is this intentional?

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2023, 02:16:38 PM »

This is a neat mod that I've been meaning to get around to playing for awhile now.

Just started a game with TT commission and they gave me the high tech blueprint package right off the bat. A surprise to be sure.  Visited a couple Heg planets and each had faction bar contacts wanting to offload warships on to me. Plus the usual drunks blubbering about their D-moded freighters.

Anyways, it looks like warships that you get from factions in the bars do not start with any d-mods. Is this a matter of luck or is this intentional?

I'm pretty sure that's always been intentional; you're getting a ship that would actually go to a faction navy, which in Starpoc is generally inferred to reserve the best materiel for themselves.

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2023, 03:10:12 PM »

Thanks for the comments.

TT commission start I believe comes from Nexerelin and those faction starts come with the option for extra ships and you get the faction blueprints. Nothing in this mod will change any of those modded starts besides add dmods to ships you start with. The way I see it, you're making a choice when you pick that accelerated start and this mod doesn't need to restrict your options since you already have other start choices that increase the difficulty.

The bar events that offer ships are also not changed. Sometimes the military ship will have a dmod or two. It seems to be based on the faction's ship quality just like the patrol fleets. I think they only offer destroyers and cruisers (and rarely frigates) but no capital ships. I think it would hurt the flavor of the game to remove these events, but I was thinking I should see if I can increase the cost of the ships through these events given that ships are rarer in general with Starpocalypse installed. It strikes me as a bit incongruous that they offer you ships that are both better than what is available on the market and cheaper.

Graploos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2023, 08:34:29 AM »

I've been playing the mod for a while now and i'm really enjoying it.
Thanks for the hard work!

I have one small sugestion: Nerfing the price you get for AI cores. Early game 80+% of my income comes from cores, seems a bit excessive.

Tabi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2023, 09:41:15 PM »

is this crashing with VIC Volkov for anyone else?

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/alcoholism/itemPlugins/AlcoholItemPlugin
Happening to me too. Haven't got Substance Abuse mod, so I'm not sure why its showing up at all. Is there alcoholic items in Starpocalypse?

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »

I have set the stingy recovery option just cruisers and capitals and the majority of the frigates and destroyers I find STILL need story points to recover. Out of the 20ish I've found in space only 1 has been recovered without a story point. Is that intended?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 05:58:07 PM by Noopy757 »

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2023, 05:31:13 AM »

Might just be you being very unlucky, I'll be honest.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2023, 08:02:51 AM »

I have set the stingy recovery option just cruisers and capitals and the majority of the frigates and destroyers I find STILL need story points to recover. Out of the 20ish I've found in space only 1 has been recovered without a story point. Is that intended?
The stingy recovery settings for individual ships only apply to ships in your fleet that get destroyed.

Tabi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2023, 09:42:18 AM »

yup, not using substance abuse, both VIC and Starpocalypse load and generate a sector without problem by themselves, but crash together (on loading), altough the log says its an api crash maybe its VIC fault for adding "AlcoholItemPlugin"

I'll check it out if I have time, but it sounds like an issue with VIC. And it looks like that mod may not be fully updated for 0.96 yet.
I don't have VIC at all, but this is showing up for me. Nor do I have the Substance Abuse mod.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4