Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Title screen: Astral variant with 3xLarge energy weapons  (Read 6922 times)

Kommodore Krieg

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Title screen: Astral variant with 3xLarge energy weapons
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

I think it's about time Alex updated the main menu. There's little variety of ships shown there, and the ships that do appear use ancient (and now impossible) variants.

I honestly like it this way.  It's like looking into a time capsule.  

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »

I honestly like it this way.  It's like looking into a time capsule. 

I like that aspect of it too, it's neat :)

But, I do need to get this fixed up at some point - mainly so that total-conversion-style mods aren't forced to load up all the vanilla ships because the hulls are used in the title screen - and so that those same mods can use their own hulls there.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »

I just saw a venture with 3 mjolner cannons

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

I honestly like it this way.  It's like looking into a time capsule. 

I like that aspect of it too, it's neat :)

But, I do need to get this fixed up at some point - mainly so that total-conversion-style mods aren't forced to load up all the vanilla ships because the hulls are used in the title screen - and so that those same mods can use their own hulls there.

That'd be kinda cool if the menu screen constantly played a small battle, with ships spawning in, fighting, and if destroyed, despawn a moment later, otherwise they fly to the other side of the screen and retreat.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »

That'd be kinda cool if the menu screen constantly played a small battle, with ships spawning in, fighting, and if destroyed, despawn a moment later, otherwise they fly to the other side of the screen and retreat.

Yeah, nothing wrong with copying Space Pirates & Zombies, which in-turn copied Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space.  ;D

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »

Yeah, S.P.A.Z does it, I've seen a couple other games have such things too, usually small simple RTSs or tower defence games have such battles looping over and over. But, I can sit there for hours watching the little battles. Better yet, if they were made into screensavers, then I wouldn't even need to start up the game to watch them.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »

Transcendence actually made a screensaver out of the game/engine, haha. It's awesome.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2]