Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remnant fighters less common in 0.96?  (Read 944 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Remnant fighters less common in 0.96?
« on: May 19, 2023, 05:14:08 AM »

Remnants have doctrine of Warships 4 and Carriers 2.

In my brief encounters with smaller Ordos fleets (while trying to recover Apex and Nova to test drive), Scintillas are not present in every fleet, and there are no other ships that carry fighters that can be dropped and looted.

Last release, Brilliants were ubiquitous and they had fighters.  A good chunk of fighter drops came from them, and now Brilliants have been removed as a source of Remnant LPCs.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant fighters less common in 0.96?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 09:06:59 AM »

But are there any good remnant fighters? Sparks have been long since nerfed, as were their primary carriers - Drovers.

Just checked a Spark Heron, and it loses to sim standard Thunder Heron, so why bother collecting Sparks...

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 10:55:14 AM »

Remnant drones aren't such a drain on crew. All of them are PD drones and are generally better used on battlecarriers than straight carriers, too.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 11:16:59 AM »

Sparks were my go-to interceptors back when I still used those. They don't evaporate instantly like other interceptors, greatly benefit from elite Point Defense skill and can even hit several projectiles simultaneously with a single beam. Also, Sparks inherited the Burst PD buff(4 charges instead of 3)

Just checked a Spark Heron, and it loses to sim standard Thunder Heron, so why bother collecting Sparks...

In sim two carriers will just send fighters to the other carrier instead of protecting themselves. So yeah, Thunders can destroy a Heron faster than Sparks can. Doesn't really prove much though.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 12:21:00 PM »

There were times I wanted to try Sparks because Wasps are too fragile.  Maybe Lux as an alternative to Broadswords too.

If I want fighters, I usually want durable ones.  In the campaign, I use either cheap fighters (Talons and Broadswords) mixed with a Claw, or support fighters (Sarissa and Xyphos).  I generally use fighters as roaming anti-small ship or auxiliary guns near but not attached to the carrier.

I avoid Thunders because they are fragile for their replacement rate, and replacement rate is too long.

I build most of my carriers as battlecarriers.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 01:57:11 PM »

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any changes to the spawn rates of Scintillas in 0.96a. Basically, Novae spawn at the expense of Radiants, and Apexes spawn at the expense of Brilliants, but the spawn rates for the rest look pretty much the same (including the spawn rates of the cores).

In 0.95.1a, the average Ordos fleet had around 5.52 Brilliants and 4.18 Scintillas, so averaging around 13.9 fighters per fleet. In 0.96a, without the Brilliant fighters, but keeping the Scintillas, the average Ordos fleet should have around 9.7 fighters per fleet. So, around 30% less fighters (that you can loot) than before.