Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Independent Mining Faction(0.21b)[For Starfarer 0.53.1a]  (Read 36124 times)

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Mining Faction(0.11b) for Starfarer 0.52.1a
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

BSF editor was involved, I can tell.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »

Oh wow, this looks cool, I especially love the look of the Mole.

Too bad the graphics don't look consistent.

The Counter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »

BSF editor was involved, I can tell.

Not that it's a bad thing.
Indeed it was, credited it as well, but I do spend more time in Photoshop, than not, to try to make it fit with Starfarer more though, but my artistic skills start to drop off rapidly once I'm outside of 3DS Max, so this pixel art stuff is well outside my area of expertise and the quality of what I can create gets diminished severely as a result.

Oh wow, this looks cool, I especially love the look of the Mole.

Too bad the graphics don't look consistent.
Thanks, yeah, consistency is definitely something I plan on fixing, hopefully sooner rather than later, might even do it now, since I can't do much else at the moment.

Edit: Never mind, Photoshop is the one thing that currently isn't on my desktop, in that case, I can't do that, oh well, another day then.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:53:05 PM by The Counter »

alecnin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

i think some thing is wrong, i destroyed a entire hemogeny defence fleet with one capital ship with main wepon...

Rybread

• Ensign
  • Fresh outta highschool & lost in adulthood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »

i think some thing is wrong, i destroyed a entire hemogeny defence fleet with one capital ship with main wepon...

This is one of the bigger balancing issues. We had made the planet cracking laser ridiculously flux efficient and powerful for testing purposes and have not yet gotten around to balancing it. In fact, I still believe it generates less flux than the Tarantula dissipates per second. Both the weapon and ship will receive some TLC soon enough to make it powerful, but fair.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »

did...this mod die...aww...this seemed like an interesting team too v.v...

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »

dude best mod ever love it by the frigate carrier op i can support 2 warthogs and 3 of your mining drones with that and a wurm frigate

The Counter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »

did...this mod die...aww...this seemed like an interesting team too v.v...
I'd like to say delayed more than died, life likes to get in the way of things, although it may be just me, instead of a team, since the other members don't seem to speak to me anymore, for whatever reason. I'll see if I can't pick it back up at the start of August, and release some sort of update early in the month.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:23:02 PM by The Counter »

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 07:51:28 PM »

ok...hopefully they can add a resupply group to go to the station so people will notice them :)

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »

i want more rat fighters nooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:'(

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:13 AM »

@the spriter

there are all really nice.
i love it when sprites are (in this case partly) handmade.
there is just one thing that spoils it for me.
some sprites look a bit different from the others
one has more depth ,the other one less then there is this one with thicker lines.
if possible, could you change that?
and can i give you one tip?
- try to make handmade sprites in a picture with all the sprites you made with the same style.
constantly look if the style is the same or not. this will help maintain the same style.
besides that there really great, I especially like the capital.

ps. could you contribute to the spriters thread
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Rybread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »

I LIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!  :D
This mod hasn't been updated in donkey's ages, and upon reading the comments, I think we (TheCounter and I) should get back in touch and work on updating/balancing/modernizing this mod.

Spoiler
@the spriter

there are all really nice.
i love it when sprites are (in this case partly) handmade.
there is just one thing that spoils it for me.
some sprites look a bit different from the others
one has more depth ,the other one less then there is this one with thicker lines.
if possible, could you change that?
and can i give you one tip?
- try to make handmade sprites in a picture with all the sprites you made with the same style.
constantly look if the style is the same or not. this will help maintain the same style.
besides that there really great, I especially like the capital.

ps. could you contribute to the spriters thread
[close]

Both TheCounter and I made sprites, him being responsible for the capital ship. The variation between ships is our two different art styles clashing/mixing. I've taken a stab recently at just pure handmade ships with no BSF editor, but the going has been... slow... to say the least. If you still need spriters, I'd be happy to send in some sprites. PM me if this is the case.

Long story short, I'm alive, so is TheCounter, and once I can get back in touch with him, I'll see if we can't start up on this mod again.

Perhaps until then, it should be moved to the "non-vanilla balanced" section on the Master Mod List.

robokill

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »

its not that badly unbalanced

Rybread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

Work has begun to resuscitate this mod and bring it back from the grave. No promises that it will be done soon though.

In the meantime, you should check out my other mod, Cobalt Arms. [/shameless self promotion]

The Counter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »

its not that badly unbalanced

That depends on the ship in question, some are fine, I'd like to think that the drill fighter guys work as intended, but some need a lot of work as well. A good example of a ship that's unbalanced is the Capital Ship, who's main weapon still uses next to no flux, which I done, so I could test the pretty beam I made, to see if it looked right, as a result, it's capable of demolishing an entire fleet before it overloads. Since I'm not testing that any more, I'm going to need to find a proper flux usage, to go with the damage. I think a number of the fighters are too durable as well, going to need to double check that.

As for the sprites, I've grabbed all of them and made sure they were colour corrected, some had different shades of red or tan than others, etc., I've also made progress towards making all of the ships have a more unified style, I went for making them match with the style of the Mole, since I liked it's colour, line thickness, depth, etc. the most. With 4 ships redone, that puts me at about half-way there, the fighters I'm likely to completely remake the sprites for though, since most of them are a bit too big to be fighters. All of that should just about do it for current ships, then we'll need to come up with some new ships to make.

I plan to release the next version, with all the updated sprites after I get the balancing on some of the ships a bit more under control, depending on how long that is.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:25:21 PM by The Counter »
Pages: 1 [2] 3