Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Built Heavy Industry, my fleets still have garbage ships.  (Read 1683 times)

bowman

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Built Heavy Industry, my fleets still have garbage ships.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 10:12:23 PM »

Prioritizing doesn't change quality (in terms of dmods) it just makes the fleets that are generated favor certain blueprints. This matters because there's some level of simulation for patrol fleets fighting hostiles (and also if you're ever defending in-system, you'll have them as allies if they're near enough to the battle). Notably as well, if I'm not losing it and remembering wrongly, they will also use the variants you save (though mixed with the existing variants for the hull).

Anyway, back to the main point, the average dmods for a produced ship is show on the top-middle ish of the colony display, next to the stability (the white/red vertical bars). Hover over that at the tooltip will explain some as well.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 10:17:42 PM »

Well now it says 0 d-mods.

So the quality is good, it's just that they're not using the ships I prioritized.

Not sure what to do here.

Spoiler
[close]

Edit: I remember in another run I had found a Paragon blueprint, and my fleets were using it. I had Paragons in my fleets so I know it's possible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 10:27:11 PM by Euphytose »

smithney

• Captain
  • Internetian pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 10:31:04 PM »

Well now it says 0 d-mods.

So the quality is good, it's just that they're not using the ships I prioritized.

Not sure what to do here.

Spoiler
[close]
There will still be ships with D-mods even at 100% quality, hence why it's pointless to raise the quality above 0,8. Also, production of capitals depends on fleet and colony size iirc, if you want to see as many capitals as possible, try changing the fleet size option to minimum and wait for your colony to grow.

EDIT: Disregard this post, Megas has it accurate below.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 05:38:26 AM by smithney »

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 10:48:38 PM »

My colony is already at max size unfortunately.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 01:41:10 AM »

You have a Patrol HQ. Of course, a small military installation can't launch big ships, for obvious reasons.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2023, 02:42:10 AM »

Ah so I need to upgrade that? Well... That will be for another colony then.

I guess I'll have to do with disrupted shipments every now and then. No more room on this colony.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2023, 03:44:13 AM »

Yeah, Patrol HQ generates only light patrols.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2023, 03:50:43 AM »

Quality needs to be above 100% to reliably produce pristine ships, but above a certain point, more quality is useless.  With 115% (with corrupted forge and stability 10), I probably keep quality at 5.  With pristine forge and up to 145% quality, I would lower quality down to 3 (for 120% quality) and boost something else provided stability can be kept at 10 at all times.

I like to prioritize ships for two [EDIT: three] reasons.
* To recover and keep the ships that died defending my colonies and fix them with Hull Restoration.
* To fight with them if I get personally involved with colony defense if I happen to stop by for other reasons.
* To fight against my ships in own deserter bounties (through bar mission).  It was the only way to fight against Legion XIV in campaign last release.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:26:42 AM by Megas »

Thecrippler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2023, 07:52:02 AM »

You need to set up your standard patrol what weapons and ship will be in the patrol under the Doctrione blueprints you can mark and unmark what you like

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2023, 11:00:20 AM »

You need to set up your standard patrol what weapons and ship will be in the patrol under the Doctrione blueprints you can mark and unmark what you like

I did that, but nothing changed.

I think I really need to upgrade the HQ but I have no room left.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »

Your screenshots in the OP don't show priority turned on for anything. Just to be sure, you are clicking to turn it on, not just switching the displayed categories on and off? Could you give a screenshot with a bunch of hulls on priority and a preview of a typical heavy patrol?

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 01:22:22 AM »

Your screenshots in the OP don't show priority turned on for anything. Just to be sure, you are clicking to turn it on, not just switching the displayed categories on and off? Could you give a screenshot with a bunch of hulls on priority and a preview of a typical heavy patrol?

Spoiler
[close]

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 02:34:29 AM »

Alright, how did you expect it to work? You put only capitals on priority and your patrols only ever field capitals and no smaller ships? Priority merely means patrols will prefer to choose your favourites when they get a ship of the same size class and role in their fleet. They aren't going to replace destroyers with capitals.

Max out the "ship size" slider, increase fleet sizes (military base over patrol HQ, cryoarithmetic, alpha cores), and you will see capitals. Which will at that point be exclusively Onslaughts and Astrals.

If you put priority on some cruisers/destroyers, you will see immediate difference.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 02:36:07 AM by Amoebka »

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 04:01:05 AM »

I already tried maxing out the ship size.

The only thing I have left now is the Military Base, but this will be for another colony, this one's full.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 04:35:31 AM »

Military base simply launches bigger patrols, which allows you to have capitals at lower fleet size/strength. With top priority for ship size, story point improvements into patrol HQ, and high enough fleet strength, it should be possible to see capitals in medium or even light patrols without a military base. You will still never have only capitals in your fleets because that's not how the game works.

If you want to stop seeing pirate/pather ships in your patrols, put a priority for at least one frigate, at least one destroyer, at least one cruiser, and at least one carrier.
Pages: 1 [2]