Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (SPOILERS) Any way to mainpulate Coronal Hypershunt drops?  (Read 2810 times)

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (SPOILERS) Any way to mainpulate Coronal Hypershunt drops?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2023, 12:42:46 PM »

Made a note, this sounds like a bug, yeah. The salvage bonus does not - or at least should not - affect the weapon drops, and it should *definitely* not change them.

I'd rather there be a way for the player to change what Omega weapons actually drop, instead of having the drops be effectively locked on game creation. Since the player won't want to get through a playthrough to the point of fighting the Doritos only to find out that the drops are useless ones, and then deal with that for the entire playthrough. Right now the larges are locked on game creation but the mediums and smalls can be changed by changing the fleet's salvage %, and the only way to otherwise change what Omega weapons you get is by rerolling the unique bounty.

If the design purpose is to limit the number of Omega weapons that the player can get, then a solution would be for the Doritos to drop a certain number of "weapon blanks" that the player can then trade in at some contact or machine or whatever to choose the Omega weapons that the player wants. This way it's still limited, but the player won't be stuck with a bunch of undesirable weapons.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2023, 02:55:09 AM »

that would be a good idea. to trade with the remnant. I always found it odd that despite being in a commission with tri-tach and having a high standing with them you do not have any means to interact with their fleet nor the ability to make them non-hostile for a change apart from going into dev mode.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Buggie

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2023, 02:59:19 AM »

I don't really see how thats odd, the remnants serve omega now, why should they care if tri-tach wants to be friendly with them?

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2023, 03:03:08 AM »

If they serve Omega why are they piloting my ships killing the Omega?

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »

it's kinda odd that the omega are this mysterious ai presence in the starsector universe but do not currently serve a fundemental role apart from giving us players some really nice toys. Alex and David are planning to finish the at the gates storyline in the future(most likely with version 1.0) but that may take years to finish. Just hope they give us some kinds of omega station to battle that could drop rift weapon blueprints
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2023, 10:14:59 PM »

dorito weapon blueprints
...now that's a horrifying thought isn't it

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2023, 05:13:03 AM »

dorito weapon blueprints
...now that's a horrifying thought isn't it

Nah what's more horrifying would be omega hullmods. Imagine them giving far more better stats for your ship but could have half the OP cost

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2023, 04:06:48 PM »

You know what could be funny? Omega blueprints that give hullmods that change the ship system to something else for example upgrading the damper field into entropy damper
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2023, 06:54:55 AM »

I thought it was hullmods that gave very good bonuses, like each point in flux vent or capacity is worth an extra 5-10 more points or giving regenerating armor for low tech ships(to give those timid or cautious commanders a reason to stay away from a fight) or even some hullmods that could help navigation. Imagine a hullmod that transforms your drive field to mimic a slipstream, the utter definition of speedrunning the game without any issue.
Pages: 1 [2]