Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 0.96a and 0.97a-RC7 World seed  (Read 14991 times)

stopsquarks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 0.96a World seed
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2023, 11:56:23 PM »

Which game version is this and what mods if any? I'd love to play it

0.9.6 RC8 Vanilla

CrazyCommander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 02:21:16 AM »

To avoid hostile activity from progressing you need to always maintain high stability and a patrol HQ the moment you start a colony. Minimum of 8 stability with 10 being the best which can be maintained before reaching the first 50 progress should you build patrol HQ first before any industry. Making sure you build a Coms Rely in the system for more stability and continuing to build stability bonus structures such as orbital stations and ground defenses while upgrading them. Managing the colony yourself as the administrator also give a +2 stability bonus so long as its your only colony, you lose such bonus as you manage more colony's so keep this in mind and have colony's built up.

Watching out for when a colony reaches size 4 as this is when panther interest begins so you'll need to upgrade the patrol HQ to a High Command to counter act both the pirates and panthers as High command gives a -7 from the original -5, totaling -12 progress every month. Panthers can give tons of progress so be careful when using special items on your industry that increase production or AI cores. Having many of these items before you set up colony's up first can sky rocket the progress so you'll have to keep an eye on it and balance it within that -12 progress you'll have from High Command. Its ok to have a few planets colonized in the same system while doing all that I have mentioned you can avoid the penalty's. This makes expeditions  from other factions that attack easier to deal with as well since you have multiple patrol HQ or High commands as this increases your own fleets in the same system.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 02:31:05 AM by CrazyCommander »

Antichrist Hater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 04:28:07 PM »

Vanilla RC9
MN-8905210295368975240
Epsilon Michon, the yellow star in the images I posted below has a cryosleeper in system.

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:35:22 PM by Antichrist Hater »

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 07:55:08 AM »

To avoid hostile activity from progressing you need to always maintain high stability and a patrol HQ the moment you start a colony. Minimum of 8 stability with 10 being the best which can be maintained before reaching the first 50 progress should you build patrol HQ first before any industry. Making sure you build a Coms Rely in the system for more stability and continuing to build stability bonus structures such as orbital stations and ground defenses while upgrading them. Managing the colony yourself as the administrator also give a +2 stability bonus so long as its your only colony, you lose such bonus as you manage more colony's so keep this in mind and have colony's built up.

Watching out for when a colony reaches size 4 as this is when panther interest begins so you'll need to upgrade the patrol HQ to a High Command to counter act both the pirates and panthers as High command gives a -7 from the original -5, totaling -12 progress every month. Panthers can give tons of progress so be careful when using special items on your industry that increase production or AI cores. Having many of these items before you set up colony's up first can sky rocket the progress so you'll have to keep an eye on it and balance it within that -12 progress you'll have from High Command. Its ok to have a few planets colonized in the same system while doing all that I have mentioned you can avoid the penalty's. This makes expeditions  from other factions that attack easier to deal with as well since you have multiple patrol HQ or High commands as this increases your own fleets in the same system.

Or you can just go talk to Kanta and the pathers from the base that have been attacking you. Appeasing Kanta is super easy, I just gave her one of my contacts. Haven't finished the stuff with Pathers though, I'm not sure if I want to give them what they're asking for.

mylastname404d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2023, 03:30:56 PM »

MN-4446735419756252416

5.7 LY from Westernesse system.

Contains an Inactive Gate and Domain Comm Relay.

Unfortunately no cryosleeper or hypershunt nearby, but still a good combo of planets that you can install all domain tech items on. Can offset the poor light on the terran with an orbital fusion lamp, which is by far the item I find most often in my games (that and corrupted nanoforge).

Without any items at all on any planet, should be able to clear $280k+ based on the simulator with how I typically set up my planets, which is probably not the most optimal setup.

shiranpp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2023, 11:59:36 PM »

AN-1355564371297121664 for RC-10
Hassa with all resource and extream hot pleant
Penelope's Star missing orginic but still good enough

CrazyCommander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2023, 06:15:01 AM »

Check out edited section for a new seed that is better than the original as well as updated info. Still currently looking for the miracle Duzahk seed that has everything you need for the single system empire. Keep on eye on the reserved second post for that seed should I find.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2023, 06:30:51 AM »

0.96a still has the same expeditions with major factions from previous releases, so if player does not want to defend colonies personally, he still has every incentive to stack colonies (provided Hostile Activity is kept low enough) so that he does not need to rush home or wherever the raider fleets are to stop them.

I played colonies the same as before (no AI core use, only one item per colony), and the main difference is I do not have that first guaranteed pirate raid where I need rush for Orbital Station immediately (today, it is rush for Patrol HQ instead) and random pirate bases pop-up periodically for the -1/-10% later.  Currently, the only threat to colonies in my game is expeditions from major factions.

The main reason to spread out colonies is the slipstream map (and more places in the fringe to get supplies and fuel), but that is not enough to not stack colonies in one or two systems to defend against expeditions.  I still want at least two colonies per system (with Military Bases on every colony for more system fleet power) for defense against raiders, and since I am stuck with five colonies max, I get two systems to colonize.

Antichrist Hater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2023, 09:57:33 PM »

Pretty nice after a month playing on and off. I haven't even explored half the sector. The debt spiral I was in was pretty vicious before I reached level 6 population and cut a deal with the panthers. Honorable mentions to the weak desert planet with poor farmlands make $78,000 a month due to soil nanites!

MN-8905210295368975240

Spoiler

[close]

Mantas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2023, 10:52:49 AM »

Should I make a mod for this? I've got a decent background in programming and while my java knowledge is basic, it's not too different from C# which I have worked with. The hardest part might be learning the game's modding API, but it could be fairly quick if I find a couple examples.

Not to make anything too crazy, just to save us all some time and patience from infinite rerolling.

Mantas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2023, 08:08:00 AM »

Sorry if this is considered necro'ing, but for anyone who cares about this, I made a mod to inject a decent vanilla system at new game: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27187.0

nxtlvl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2023, 07:46:05 AM »

0.96a RC10 seed.  This seed is absolutely bonkers I let you all discover it for yourself: MN-9020957598305292936

Spoiler
Ala <10 ly from Askonia galactic NE (it get's better)
Delta Eregates <15ly from Askonia galactic E (bonkers three killer planets gas giant with two moons BONKERS)
Lempo <10ly from Askonia galactic NW (in range of Hypershunt)
--those are the nearby to the core ones I like
hypershunt at Haddu 20ish ly from askonia galactic W
both sleepers at edge of galactic E pretty useless, but close together--not sure if their overlap range gives a bonus)
[close]

enjoy.  my only regret is I can't play it again fresh
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:48:56 AM by nxtlvl »

IDA Frigate Captain

• Ensign
  • Universal Scav
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2023, 09:47:34 PM »

Newbie Q: where do I find the universe seed? I remember seeing it when I started the game but havent since. Cheers
My first thought in winning the flux war - which dumb ass engineer put shields and weapons inseparably linked to the same flux system?!

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2023, 11:36:05 PM »

Newbie Q: where do I find the universe seed? I remember seeing it when I started the game but havent since. Cheers

It's at the lower right of the character screen (press "C").

Yudka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2023, 12:42:02 AM »

Seed: MN-7719274677007776712

Mods: Adjustable automated ships, A new level of confidence - 40 (try in vanila)

Info: Two good systems nearby. No gates, no cryo, no hypeshunt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3