Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Load game directly from combat  (Read 338 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Load game directly from combat
« on: May 05, 2023, 11:03:59 PM »

Someone on Reddit mentioned this and it got me thinking, is that doable? I don't know much about how the current system handles save and loads but I imagine it would be a very useful addition if it can be done. And for Ironman you can just disable the option completely.
Please don't take me too seriously.

PsychoThruster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Load game directly from combat
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 06:52:27 AM »

Other than facilitating save scumming I don't understand the reasoning. Most battles take less than 30 minutes so it's not like you're put out if you have to quit and help the wife or kids with something.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 07:03:09 AM »

Other than facilitating save scumming I don't understand the reasoning. Most battles take less than 30 minutes so it's not like you're put out if you have to quit and help the wife or kids with something.
That's not even what I had in mind. I just find it tiresome to have to go back to the main menu just to load a save. This is usually fine but when you're really trying a difficult fight it gets tedious. Not sure how this encourages save scumming more than the current system.
Please don't take me too seriously.

PsychoThruster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 10:23:00 AM »

Oh my mistake I misinterpreted your suggestion to mean allow saving and loading within combat.