Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mass-Apply changes?  (Read 442 times)

NasaBrindle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mass-Apply changes?
« on: May 01, 2023, 07:31:37 PM »

Hello all! I had a question-

I'd like to put Solar Shielding on my entire fleet when I go on long exploration missions, for obvious reasons- storms, suns, and laser robots are all energy based. When I have 30 ships though, it seems a little tedious to manually edit each one. What's the most efficient way to do this?

Cheers and thanks,
-Sbrindle

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass-Apply changes?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:36:33 PM »

I don't think there's a way to mass-edit in StarSector.  Depending on your fleet doctrine, there might be a time-saving shortcut that will reduce the tedium, but there's no way to completely eliminate it.  If you have several of the same kinds of each ship (multiple Atlases for cargo, multiple Eradicators for a battle line, whatever) you can create two custom loadouts for each class of ship, one with your Solar Shielding build and one with your normal build.  You still have to individually click on each ship, but selecting a custom loadout is way quicker than actually moving the hullmods around manually.

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 10:35:14 PM »

you can't really do this in bulk because you need the op for the hullmod. so you'd either have all ships with enough free op to take it at all times, in which case, just have it on permanently, or you'd need to remove stuff which would be different for every ship

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 06:46:42 AM »

You can overwrite two of the default variants for the ships you use: One without Solar Shielding and one with it.  You'll still have to manually switch each one, but it would be quicker to use a variant to do it.