Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Tri-Tac Special Circumstances - V 0.9 03/30/24  (Read 91323 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Tri-Tac Special Circumstances - V 0.7 02/03/24
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2024, 06:54:03 PM »

Hello, nice to hear for you again.
Wrapped up another playthrough with this mod (and this time, corporate "restructuring" did not occur - TriTach and SC stayed BFFs the whole game!) right in time for the conquest of Chicomoztoc for TriTach to happen on the same day the game version updated. Perfect time for a new game, and it gave me a thought (sorry if it's already in the .97a release).
Well it was an agent of TTSC that made it happen last time and that is on brand for them :)
Iron Shell seems to have come up with a way to create a permanent alliance between factions, which is used to make sure that the Iron Shell faction, intended to be a component of the Hegemony, never ends up at war with the Hegemony proper. It seems to me that this system could probably be used with TTSC, to make sure that the two stay allied together. Lorewise, it'd make sense as the TTSC being part of the main Tri-Tachyon holding corporation, related but separate from the regular TT faction and markets as a result.
I am not opposed to the idea, I do intend them to be allies by giving them the same outlooks and personality. In theory, unless you play as them and intentionally cause a break, they should stay allied though a game. Timid is a far superior mod maker than I am but I can take a peek at the code and see if I can comprehend what is there that does that.
Also, a shout out - this mod works amazingly well with No Such Org, which is a Tri-Tach subfaction like this, but based entirely on phase ships. The Troubadour from this works very well with their phase ships, and the two are a match made in heaven for the Tri-Tach player :D
TBH I am not a phase ship guy, I generally do not recover them in my salvage runs. I add them to my mods since I try to fit all the roles needed if someone wants to play a mod faction only run. Thank you for the shout out and I am happy to hear you are still enjoying the mod.

Teledahn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2024, 10:33:25 PM »

Do you plan on releasing a modern 'no-nex' version for those who chose to play without Nexerelin?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2024, 12:37:48 AM »

Do you plan on releasing a modern 'no-nex' version for those who chose to play without Nexerelin?
Hello there,
I can do that, I'll look over how I did it when .96 got released and bang something together. I am currently working on a JYD update fixing it's bounties but when I am finished I'll work on that next. Figure by the weekend or so (+/-).

Astragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2024, 09:53:09 AM »

Hi, I'm getting this error with 0.97a

25318 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.TTSC_modPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.TTSC_modPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 1 error(s) while compiling unit "data/scripts/TTSC_modPlugin.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: 1 error(s) while compiling unit "data/scripts/TTSC_modPlugin.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:326)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
   ... 5 more

Initially I was getting this as well:

31629 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.TTSC_modPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.TTSC_modPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_402]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/world/TTSCGen.java', Line 11, Column 7: A class 'exerelin.campaign.SectorManager' could not be found
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418) ~[?:1.8.0_402]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351) ~[?:1.8.0_402]
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/scripts/world/TTSCGen.java', Line 11, Column 7: A class 'exerelin.campaign.SectorManager' could not be found
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getSingleTypeImport(UnitCompiler.java:8644) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:365) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$400(UnitCompiler.java:185) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:347) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:1139) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:354) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:322) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178) ~[janino.jar:2.7.8]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418) ~[?:1.8.0_402]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351) ~[?:1.8.0_402]
   ... 2 more

but I assumed that there was a typo in Line 11. I changed "exerelin" to "nexerelin" and I am not getting that error anymore.

However, the first error still persists.

I hope this helps.  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:59:09 AM by Astragoth »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2024, 12:05:52 PM »

Hello Astragoth thank you for the report. Before I dive too deep into this, I will be working on a no-Nexerelin version of the mod that Teledahn requested. From looking over the code you pasted it looks like an error occurred when the stations were generated into a new game. Though I am unsure why since many people have used the current code with no issue, a no-nex version would not use that method and may fix your issue.

I am officially giving up trying to convert the JYD Vayra bounties to magiclib and I need a little rest after hours of trying to get that to work so I'll have a new version of TTSC out soon (tm). Let's revisit your crash once you can try that version and we'll follow up if you are still having a problem.

Astragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2024, 01:44:55 PM »

Hello Astragoth thank you for the report. Before I dive too deep into this, I will be working on a no-Nexerelin version of the mod that Teledahn requested. From looking over the code you pasted it looks like an error occurred when the stations were generated into a new game. Though I am unsure why since many people have used the current code with no issue, a no-nex version would not use that method and may fix your issue.

I am officially giving up trying to convert the JYD Vayra bounties to magiclib and I need a little rest after hours of trying to get that to work so I'll have a new version of TTSC out soon (tm). Let's revisit your crash once you can try that version and we'll follow up if you are still having a problem.

Hi Dazs, thank you for your reply.

This actually happens when the game loads and it crashes before the splash screen. The game won't start, until I disable this mod. Just FYI.

Take all the time you need to rest! Just loved the ships and wanted to start a new game with your mod...

Thanks for your response!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

v0.8 released today - Save Compatible with v0.7
   -Changed the designation of the Escarpment to light cruiser carrier to reflect that is is not a pure light cruiser
   -Added a new light cruiser, the Excession(nod to the sleeper service being downgraded from GSV to MSV - read the culture series and you'll get the reference) using a rejected sprite I made for Not_a_cat
   -Added the new ship to the "All Ships Image" on the forum OP and used in the Discord post
   -Adjusted the code so the mod can now be enabled with OR without Nexerelin - TY Teledahn and Astragoth for lighting a fire to get this done already :)
   -Removed the Nexerelin requirement in the code to enable the mod and changed the text on the forum OP - LeoSCfan & Vestung rejoice! - oh and see the above Comment and thank those two as well ;)
   -Adjusted the code so TTSC will start aligned with Tri-Tac and never fall below friendly - Nexerelin start new game only - TY Vestung for pointing me in the right direction
   -Changed the mod_info description to clarify that TTSC is a sub-faction of Tri-Tachyon
   -Updated the game version to RC-10 to alleviate your OCD triggering mod manager yellow warning :)

I truly appreciate all the input I get from the players who enjoy my mods that make them better for everyone. This update was a collaboration of suggestions and ideas and I look forward to any more that players have.

Astragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

v0.8 released today - Save Compatible with v0.7
   -Changed the designation of the Escarpment to light cruiser carrier to reflect that is is not a pure light cruiser
   -Added a new light cruiser, the Excession(nod to the sleeper service being downgraded from GSV to MSV - read the culture series and you'll get the reference) using a rejected sprite I made for Not_a_cat
   -Added the new ship to the "All Ships Image" on the forum OP and used in the Discord post
   -Adjusted the code so the mod can now be enabled with OR without Nexerelin - TY Teledahn and Astragoth for lighting a fire to get this done already :)
   -Removed the Nexerelin requirement in the code to enable the mod and changed the text on the forum OP - LeoSCfan & Vestung rejoice! - oh and see the above Comment and thank those two as well ;)
   -Adjusted the code so TTSC will start aligned with Tri-Tac and never fall below friendly - Nexerelin start new game only - TY Vestung for pointing me in the right direction
   -Changed the mod_info description to clarify that TTSC is a sub-faction of Tri-Tachyon
   -Updated the game version to RC-10 to alleviate your OCD triggering mod manager yellow warning :)

I truly appreciate all the input I get from the players who enjoy my mods that make them better for everyone. This update was a collaboration of suggestions and ideas and I look forward to any more that players have.

I can confirm that I can now start the game with no issues.

Thank you Dazs and keep on being creative!

Off to start a new game! (well...after the Valentine's dinner...cause we don't want the missus to get angry...hehe)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I can confirm that I can now start the game with no issues.
That's great to hear. Thank you for the follow up, it gives me peace of mind.
Thank you Dazs and keep on being creative!
Aww, that is so nice to say. I started making my first mod (JYD) for myself and figured I would share it for the one or two other people who like lived in looking mining focused ships. Six mods later and I think I may have a problem.... :)
Off to start a new game! (well...after the Valentine's dinner...cause we don't want the missus to get angry...hehe)
You good sir, have your priorities straight!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

V0.8.1 released today - Save Compatible with v0.8
   -Added back Nexerelin sector generation in the mod to support random core worlds mode -The TTSC flag on the forum OP is the link to the main download version
   -NOTE: if you do not use Nexerelin then download the alternate "nonex" version - link is just below the mod dependencies on the forum OP

For now as I work on the issue of one version of sector generation that supports players who do not use Nexerelin as well as those who do, there are two different versions of the mod. The "nonex" alternate version will work with Nexerelin but crashes when used in random core world mode. They are interchangeable if you installed the nonex version then wanted to enable Nexerelin, you can just delete the nonex from your mod folder and install the main download and they are save game compatible with each other. The issue seems to be that TTSC only adds stations and not a system with planets and RCW cannot handle it. I plan to have one version that supports both modes but I wanted to get working versions out as soon as the forums came back up. I have no ETA on that as I have already spent a couple hours on it but it is on the to-do for TTSC, sorry for the clunkiness.

mstachife

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm just lucky but I'm finding a fair amount of SC Omega weapons while scavenging derelict stations using this mod, unsure if intended or not.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm just lucky but I'm finding a fair amount of SC Omega weapons while scavenging derelict stations using this mod, unsure if intended or not.
Hello there, thank you for letting me know. I do not have any special code in the mod to increase loot chances. I recently put a nerf on the Omega analog weapons but only in the damage stats so that should have no effect. I guess it depends on how many mods you run with, the more mods the bigger the pool the game can pick from. I just started a new heavily modded game as a scavenger so my odds should be low. I will see what my experience is and take a deeper look if it is the same as yours. Or maybe you are just a lucky duck. :)

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a bug but I just saw in Hybrasil 4 identical (ships and all) Little Rascal mining fleets at the same time.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a bug but I just saw in Hybrasil 4 identical (ships and all) Little Rascal mining fleets at the same time.
Hello there, first thank you for trying out TTSC :) It is not a bug per-se, I assigned the name of their mining fleets after the GSV Little Rascal from the culture series of books as a further nod to Iain M banks. The reason those fleets are comprised of the same ships is that since TTSC is not mining focused, I only assigned enough ships with mining stats to form a fleet unlike my mining focused mod JYD where you will find a variety.

last_misadventure

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello. Thanks for all your excellent mods :)

The Caconomyl doesn't have the Phase Field hullmod as most phase ships do--is this intentional?

I love the rift beams, but they're broken OP. Not necessarily suggesting you "balance them"; it's your mod and all but maybe make them quest rewards? If you can even do that in Starsector. It's mostly the large mount ones that can get silly with energy weapons mastery and High Scatter Amplifier.

Also, sometimes I'm getting attacked by TTSC fleets that use ships from other factions primarily (mostly CFT); it seems to be designed that way since it'll have a parenthetical reference in the fleet name--nothing wrong with it, just curious if I'm hallucinating or not :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8