Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Now That's Entertainment!  (Read 4297 times)

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Florida Man Sought For Questioning Regarding Jackson County Were Coyote Incident
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2023, 03:22:12 PM »

Mortrag, it worked!  I got a metal bucket and some gasoline and an ounce of my own blood and I did Ahab's harpoon baptism in the name of the Scorekeeper, may Her fangs never dry, and it REDACTing worked!  Had to violate the laws of the land and the laws of the Above a little bit, but I finally scratched this score off my tally!

Evidence

HORRIBLE taxidermy job, I don't think the guy knows what he's doing, pretty sure he's teaching himself taxidermy off YouTube, but the price was right, eighty dollars for the base and fifty dollars for the actual stuffing job.  I had to creep through the woods four hours each way (dragging a dead were-coyote on the way out) and I didn't get no five hundred dollar bounty, I can't even really tell the story to anybody in real life because I don't work for that guy anymore and I didn't have permission to be on his land.
[close]
https://i.imgur.com/VxPJANe.gifv
(Literally figuratively me right now)

I don't even have room in my new apartment to KEEP the damned thing, I let my brother have it.  I didn't get five hundred dollars, but I have five THOUSAND dollars' worth of satisfaction finally getting this REDACTer, a fight none of these Candyland-looking hicks ever won with all their fancy tactical assault rifles, and it was Your (not so) Humble Narrator that done it with a bolt action .22LR that you would buy for a kid that you wanted to teach firearm safety.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:28:45 PM by Network Pesci »

Network Pesci

• Commander
    • View Profile
The Cryptid Vs Tactical Thermonuclear Teabagging Man
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2023, 03:53:00 PM »

For my next trick, well, I have been talking around corners in this topic about a couple of movies, but I intentionally never mentioned their titles.  I'm going to go ahead and explain why I wanted barbed wire and a green umbrella now, that part of the contest is now invalid.

Every farmhand in the country has seen strange lights at night where there's nothing to make lights.  Every farmhand in the country has seen... something moving above the trees at night that is not a bird, it is not a plane, and moves like no vehicle can move.  Every farmhand knows about that one valley or stand of trees far away from any trails or power lines, where if you leave your 4x4 or golf cart out there overnight, in the morning the battery will be dead and if you leave your phone in the console the battery on that will be dead too.  Every farm owner has had a horse or a cow or a sheep go missing and never find the carcass.

It wasn't until I saw the documentary film "Nope" that I realized that all of those phenomena are the same thing, and it's a critter.  Hopefully, by now, you have figured out that this psycho thinks that he can fight a JEAN JACKET IN MELEE COMBAT and win with minor injuries.  I'm going to use the barbed wire to make myself inedible and I'm going to use the green umbrella to pick a fight with it.

I can do it.  That fellow Angel in that movie, he went into Jean Jacket's maw and the barb wire hurt him worse than the creature's digestion.  Angel installed Cable TV for a living, I twist barbed wire for a living, the kinds of injuries barb wire does to me, I call that the cost of doing business.  Furthermore, the movie showed Jean Jacket as being like 200 feet wide at least, in real life they're no more than 25-50 feet, at least the ones I've seen.  In a rural area with more wild hogs than humans in the county, a dozen Jean Jackets (or Pork Jackets as I call the Panhandle morph of Occulonimbis Edoequus) could easily thrive, and nobody would ever notice.

Wednesday I have to go out to a place I have called "Stratocat Valley" ever since I noticed that there's ALWAYS EXACTLY ONE CLOUD hanging over the limestone wastes by the mill pond.  I'm taking my rakes and shovels and trimmers, but I'm also taking my anti-tornado-assed-cloudsnake panoply.  I'm gonna kill me a Pork Jacket, ride the corpse back to Earth in the Superhero Landing Pose, cut off a slice and cook it up.  If they can eat us, we can eat them.  Then I'm going to get some pictures and post them on here so you jokers will believe me.  If I never post again after this Tuesday, then you will know (if not believe) why, I finally met an IRL boss fight I couldn't beat.

(edit)  Welp, still here and sadly without any tasty UAP steaks.  Stop me if you already heard this one, but the boss lady hired some other guys to do the south side hedge at the edge of the valley because I haven't been out there in a month since I was busy moving into my new place and most of my implements were in storage.  I used to get 80 bucks for that hedge and it took me five or six hours.  Now there's two guys that do it with a cherrypicker attachment and charge her 200 for the same job.  I just pulled stumps and vines around her house all day.  So unfortunately, I won't ever get another shot at that stratocat unless I trespass to do it.  Heh heh.  Did you hear that Tone?  I said I'm not going to get another shot unless I trespass.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:22:39 AM by Network Pesci »

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile

Mortrag, it worked!  I got a metal bucket and some gasoline and an ounce of my own blood and I did Ahab's harpoon baptism in the name of the Scorekeeper, may Her fangs never dry, and it REDACTing worked!  Had to violate the laws of the land and the laws of the Above a little bit, but I finally scratched this score off my tally!

Well, I guess gratulations to that?
Most likely you're the only one to know if it was worth the price you paid.

Network Pesci

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Now That's Entertainment!
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »

Absolutely!  The physical price was a mere sprinkling of organic circulatory fluid, a price I pay every time I trim holly hedges or put up a mile of five-strand Red Brand.  Now I understand your unwritten concerns, or at least I think I do.  This guy Dalj on another forum was telling me something similar, warning me about the unknown consequences, spiritual and otherwise, of messing with things I don't understand.  I have a Ouija board and a hatchet used in a ritual to invoke Samedi literally hanging on the wall behind me as souvenirs, I'm not terribly worried about spiritual consequences any more than you personally would fear the wrath of the Scorekeeper or the Basilisk, fictional characters in made-up stories.

(edit)  The North Wall Of Room Eighteen
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 06:05:59 AM by Network Pesci »

Network Pesci

• Commander
    • View Profile
Don't quit yer day job there Arthur!
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2023, 10:30:54 PM »

All right I got a joke.  I just now made this up, I guess a few hours ago so technically it was yesterday.  This is my joke copyright 2023 STEI Conceptual Productions Division.

WHAT IF...  Harry Harrison wrote Gangs Of New York?

Spoiler
You see this knife?  I'm gonna teach you to speak Esperanto with this [REDACTED] knife!
[close]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]