Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 9 Hyperions out of a fleet of 10 chase fleeing Mining Pods  (Read 281 times)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
9 Hyperions out of a fleet of 10 chase fleeing Mining Pods
« on: March 25, 2023, 07:41:09 AM »

...while 1 engages the remaining Atlas Mk. II.

More detailed description: 10 Hyperion frigate fleet vs. Pirate Armada, Full assault order on, Enemy fleet defeated and fleeing. Remaining enemy ships are 2 wings of Mining Pods and 1 Atlas Mk. II. One Hyperion is engaged in combat with the Atlas Mk. II while the others are further away. 9 Hyperions chase the fleeing Mining Pods until they reach the map edge and escape, then turn around and head for the Atlas. Sorry that the description is not more technical as this kind of caught me off guard and I am not sure how to make a reproducible version of it.

I was unsure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems absurd enough to be counted as one. 0.95.1a. Mods: Nexerelin and Starship Legends, to my knowledge these do not affect the AI

Screenshots

[close]

Why chase fleeing fighters at all, when they are no longer independent ships and destroying them doesn't matter at all? Probably should just make AI ignore fleeing fighters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 07:49:21 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 9 Hyperions out of a fleet of 10 chase fleeing Mining Pods
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 09:34:20 AM »

Thank you! Should be fixed.