Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96a][WIP] San Batavia Republic 0.1  (Read 29308 times)

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
  • Stadhouder of San Batavia Republic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a][WIP] San Batavia Republic 0.1
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2023, 04:46:30 AM »

So is there a story in it like a mission quest? and where do i trigger it?

The story is presently being developed. I want to update my old sprites and get a bit more complete lineup before we focus on implementing the story. Furthermore- we plan to eventually replace the vanilla recolors with our own ship sprites.

That and the present lineup of fighters and weapons have many flaws which we want to fix now that we got 0.1 out. You can rest assured however- the story will come as soon as we can make it. Until then... there are some extra interactions in the Usurpers questline if you are employed by SBR.
My wings are made of tungsten-
My flesh of blood and steel-
I am the joy of Terra for the power that I wield.
Once upon a lifetime, I wake up a pioneer-
Now I sing within a spaceship's heart-
Does anybody hear?

KarlianaVonMauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2023, 06:49:04 AM »

The story is presently being developed. I want to update my old sprites and get a bit more complete lineup before we focus on implementing the story. Furthermore- we plan to eventually replace the vanilla recolors with our own ship sprites.

That and the present lineup of fighters and weapons have many flaws which we want to fix now that we got 0.1 out. You can rest assured however- the story will come as soon as we can make it. Until then... there are some extra interactions in the Usurpers questline if you are employed by SBR.

I see, well i can wait. A well developed story is always a good one, and one that takes time to think and proofread.

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2023, 03:00:10 AM »

First time noticing this one. Looks awesome already. Definitely going to be a faction I run in campaigns later on. Can't wait to see it shape up over time!

oscarthewilde

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 04:21:10 AM »

Very promising faction mod! Definitely looking forward to its full release. Really like how it's inspired by the Dutch republic, but just a few quick notes as a Dutchie: I'd say it's better to call it a Polder Republic, rather than a Polderen republic; it's probably a bit more inspiring and powerful, and true to the actual Plakkaat van Verlatinghe, to rename the 'placard of freedom' into the 'placard of liberation/plakkaat van bevrijding', and unless used without the given name, Van Den is written without capitals (van den); if you do use it without the given name you would only capitalist the first tussenvoegsel (so: Van den).

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 02:02:10 PM »

Really like how it's inspired by the Dutch republic, but just a few quick notes as a Dutchie: I'd say it's better to call it a Polder Republic, rather than a Polderen republic...

It's good to see another Dutchie on the forums! A lot of the errors were written in when my English was being corrected by someone else in early stages of the mod. I plan to do any correcting and fixes to the text once I finalize lore! The original lore planned for the mod was written when I was less familiar with Starsector itself and I have decided since to include more of proper Starsector and some of its darkness into the mod itself.

That does unfortunately require me to revise the lore for planets and history of SBR in its entirety. Luckily the story for the campaign and internal power struggle within the republic still fits well...

Regardless- thanks a lot for the support!

First time noticing this one. Looks awesome already. Definitely going to be a faction I run in campaigns later on. Can't wait to see it shape up over time!

I see, well i can wait. A well developed story is always a good one, and one that takes time to think and proofread.

I'll try to post screenshots from development of the story soon! We will be hiding some early hints and bits of lore on our planets and ships. But that is- much like many other things- work in progress!
Does anybody hear?

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2023, 11:30:24 PM »

Is it in anyway wrong of me to equip as many of my SBR ships with tactical nukes from other mods as possible?
For a couple examples, I gave one of my Boreas gunships small minibreve launchers from the UAF, or several of the different kinds of cruiser a mix of medium minibreve launchers and medium shiva launchers from the UNSC

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2023, 12:04:03 AM »

I noticed the Thales positron lance is counted as Hybrid for stat modifiers. If that wasn't a calculated balancing decision you should probably change that. Defining it as hybrid causes range modifiers that specify energy and/or ballistic weapons to not apply to that weapon.

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2023, 09:13:11 AM »

Big update soon! Or at least relatively soon. I am down with the sickness but luckily we managed to do quite a piece of work.

In the next major update you can look forwards to a new destroyer, new light cruiser (which will replace the Avalon for now) and a fleet carrier charging forth alongside two converted ships common to the Persean sector. Alongside those changes we are taking all of your feedback into account and adjusting the presently confused feeling wings. I renamed a lot of them and planned some changes to the sprites and gameplay too - which should hopefully make it easier to figure out which wing is which and what their purpose is. We will be passing those changes to our testers and once they get a bit of a feel for it- we will release an update.

With me sick and two developers inactive this might take a bit- but I am sure it will be worth the wait!

The very angry merchant ships with planes.

The new, shiny purpose-built warships of the SBR.

Furthermore: To answer some questions.
Is it in anyway wrong of me to equip as many of my SBR ships with tactical nukes from other mods as possible?
For a couple examples, I gave one of my Boreas gunships small minibreve launchers from the UAF, or several of the different kinds of cruiser a mix of medium minibreve launchers and medium shiva launchers from the UNSC

I don't think it is wrong! Big explosions are fun. We might have some destructive weapons of our own in the future.

I noticed the Thales positron lance is counted as Hybrid for stat modifiers. If that wasn't a calculated balancing decision you should probably change that. Defining it as hybrid causes range modifiers that specify energy and/or ballistic weapons to not apply to that weapon.

I believe that is an error! It will be fixed soon.[tm]
Does anybody hear?

KarlianaVonMauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »

Big update soon! Or at least relatively soon. I am down with the sickness but luckily we managed to do quite a piece of work.

In the next major update you can look forwards to a new destroyer, new light cruiser (which will replace the Avalon for now) and a fleet carrier charging forth alongside two converted ships common to the Persean sector. Alongside those changes we are taking all of your feedback into account and adjusting the presently confused feeling wings. I renamed a lot of them and planned some changes to the sprites and gameplay too - which should hopefully make it easier to figure out which wing is which and what their purpose is. We will be passing those changes to our testers and once they get a bit of a feel for it- we will release an update.

With me sick and two developers inactive this might take a bit- but I am sure it will be worth the wait!

The very angry merchant ships with planes.

The new, shiny purpose-built warships of the SBR.

Interesting, especially the Karel Doorman, shounds like a ship for a solo ship run domination for me in the future run. I look forward to it! Take your time to get better, a slow and develope mod is a great mod, especially with stories to tell!

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2023, 01:44:15 PM »

There seem to be a lot of null pointer exceptions being thrown any time I salvage anything. They don't crash the game, but they appear in the salvage dialogue.

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2023, 03:40:14 PM »

There seem to be a lot of null pointer exceptions being thrown any time I salvage anything. They don't crash the game, but they appear in the salvage dialogue.

It is quite possible you have encountered issue with another mod. If you want to be certain - can you post your modlist please? We can check it out.
We know that the Roider Union has this issue. (and apparently it is on their side, unfortunately.)
Does anybody hear?

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2023, 03:30:44 AM »

It is quite possible you have encountered issue with another mod. If you want to be certain - can you post your modlist please? We can check it out.
We know that the Roider Union has this issue. (and apparently it is on their side, unfortunately.)

Ah yeah it's probably VRI having the problem, oop. Started happening right after I updated VRI, but I activated SBR as well when I started a new save so I assumed it was SBR since that's the less developed of the two lol

That said, I noticed a far more bizarre issue where fragmentation and high-explosive weapons are doing full damage to shields (but still normal damage to armor), and that does seem to be this mod's doing. Very wacky.

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2023, 05:01:22 AM »

Ah yeah it's probably VRI having the problem, oop. Started happening right after I updated VRI, but I activated SBR as well when I started a new save so I assumed it was SBR since that's the less developed of the two lol

That said, I noticed a far more bizarre issue where fragmentation and high-explosive weapons are doing full damage to shields (but still normal damage to armor), and that does seem to be this mod's doing. Very wacky.

No problem at all! As for the frag and HE issue... That is bizzare. Can you tell me which weapons specifically did this? Or is it all across the board?
Does anybody hear?

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2023, 04:49:40 AM »

No problem at all! As for the frag and HE issue... That is bizzare. Can you tell me which weapons specifically did this? Or is it all across the board?

It's just all across the board. All weapons regardless of what mod (or vanilla), against the shield of all ships.

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2023, 11:53:46 AM »

It's just all across the board. All weapons regardless of what mod (or vanilla), against the shield of all ships.

I... Don't think that is caused by SBR then. We will check it though. I don't think we noticed this in testing.
Does anybody hear?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4