Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.97a] D-MOD Services (v2.1.0)  (Read 41085 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.97a] D-MOD Services (v2.1.0)
« on: March 19, 2023, 03:24:26 PM »

D-MOD Services

Includes LunaLib support
Safe to add to existing saves, and safe to remove from existing saves

(If any issues occur with the download zip above, click below and download the source code zip or tar.gz for the latest release instead)

Do you enjoy using Derelict Operations, but want to maximize its effectiveness even further? Do you wish you could nerf your own fleet without needlessly sacrificing your crews' worthless lives? Do you want your special Rugged Construction ship to have the least worst D-Mods possible? If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions, visit your local D-MOD service center today!

Disclaimer: D-MOD is not responsible for any emotional damages caused by using their services.

Mod Details

This utility mod adds a dialog option to any Size 6 or higher markets, allowing you to add Damage Mods to any ships in your current fleet without needing to enter combat. This option provides two ways of gaining D-Mods. Ships can be disabled to receive a random D-Mod (and gain some credit compensation to partially offset the damage), far cheaper than sacrificing them in-combat. Alternatively, you can select the D-Mod to add to a ship, but this requires a hefty amount of credits that scales with the number of D-Mods already present on the ship.

Additional, non-default options, like making ships unrestorable or fully-automated, can be enabled either though this mod's settings.json or, with the LunaLib library mod installed, through the LunaSettings UI config.

Latest Changelogs
v2.1.0
  • "Random D-Mod" option now has a slider to choose how many random D-Mods are added per confirm
  • Changed the dialogue flow when interacting with D-MOD; now a bit more receptive to "Press 1" spam
  • Major code and rules.csv refactors
v2.0.0 (Update for Starsector 0.97)
  • Updated to Starsector 0.97
v1.0.1
  • Fixed the LunaLib soft dependency
        - This means this mod no longer requires either LunaLib or Java 8 to run
  • "Select D-Mod" option now correctly sorts the selected D-Mods based on their display name
  • Changed some text
  • Refactored some code
v1.0.0
  • "Select D-Mod" option can now select for multiple D-Mods at once!
    - D-Mod selection still abides by vanilla D-Mod rules (e.g. can only add D-Mods up to usual max, Compromised Armor/Hull being mutually-exclusive)
    - Price will change based on existing and planned D-Mods, but total price for adding 5 D-Mods should remain the same as before.
    - Now also displays D-Mod images to help identify desired D-Mods
  • "Select D-Mod" and "Automate" prices now instead consider the base value of the selected ship's pristine equivalent
    - This should fix most instances where overall prices were less than intended due to (D) hulls having a lower base value.
  • Changed source code packages and classes to be more readable
v0.5.1
  • Ships now properly turn into their (D) variants when using D-MOD services.
  • Made some confirmation dialogs more clear about what will result from the selected option
v0.5.0
  • Adjusted the "Select D-Mod" picker:
    - Now properly selects only one D-Mod at a time.
    - Made it slimmer and taller, which, in most cases, lets it display all D-Mods without a scroller
  • Made ship selection picker go wider if player fleet currently has more than 30 ships.
v0.4.0
  • Added the "makeUnrestorable" option to settings.json and LunaSettings
    - Disabled by default
    - When enabled, the "Select a D-Mod" option also applies the 'Unrestorable' tag to the selected ship, preventing dockyard restoration and stopping the Hull Restoration skill from removing its D-Mods.
  • Added the option to fully-automate a ship when visiting a D-MOD service center
    - Disabled by default
    - Even when enabled, you must first discover and defeat a certain defender fleet before unlocking the option.
v0.3.0
  • Changed select D-Mod picker to use an actual selection screen.
    - Still only one D-Mod that can be picked at a time; if multiple are selected, only the top-most D-Mod will be chosen.
    - Obviously not ideal, but, IMO, an improvement from needing to cycle through the same button many times.
  • Updated LunaLib compatibility
    - If you use LunaLib alongside this mod, you'll need to update LunaLib to at least v1.7.4 to ensure compatibility.
v0.2.0 (Compatibility update with Starsector 0.96)
  • Updated to Starsector 0.96a-RC6
  • Changed price scaling for adding a selected D-Mod; should be cheaper overall.
v0.1.1
  • Ship selection screen now shows at most 7 ships per row (from 5), to match the "Your fleet" screen.
  • Other, very minor changes
v0.1.0
  • Initial release
[close]

Credits
Starsector Forums - For the helpful modding tutorials and information
Unofficial Starsector Discord - For the helpful modding information and tips
Alex and the Fractal Softworks team - For the amazing game that is Starsector!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 09:12:55 PM by Tranquility »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC6] D-MOD Services (v0.2.0)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 01:37:29 PM »

Made a quick compatibility update for Starsector 0.96. Only other significant change is that prices for adding a selected D-Mod is now cheaper, to encourage using the service earlier in a playthrough. I still plan to add a UI for selecting D-Mods, but that'll probably come much, much later.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v0.3.0)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:50:02 PM »

So, update v0.3.0 is out, reworking the cumbersome "Select a D-Mod" option with a relatively-primitive, but still functional UI selection screen for choosing a specific D-Mod to add to your ships. It's not perfect, but it's serviceable enough, I suppose. This update is save-compatible.

v0.3.0
  • Changed select D-Mod picker to use an actual selection screen.
    - Still only one D-Mod that can be picked at a time; if multiple are selected, only the top-most D-Mod will be chosen.
    - Obviously not ideal, but, IMO, an improvement from needing to cycle through the same button many times.
  • Updated LunaLib compatibility
    - If you use LunaLib alongside this mod, you'll need to update LunaLib to at least v1.7.4 to ensure compatibility.

Sanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 11:46:52 PM »

Do ships altered through this mod still get targeted by hull restoration? If so, would there be a way to prevent that?

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 01:54:54 PM »

Would be nice if hull restoration was a toggle skill on the hot bar.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 07:18:21 PM »

Do ships altered through this mod still get targeted by hull restoration? If so, would there be a way to prevent that?

They will still be affected by Hull Restoration; this mod doesn't do anything to prevent it from quickly restoring the D-Mods you just added/bought to your ships. However, there is a tag that completely prevents any restoration at all (whether by dockyard restoration or by Hull Restoration), which...
Story Spoiler!
...certain [REDACTED] ships related to a vanilla side quest do have...
[close]
...so it is something I could possibly implement in the future. No guarantees about that, however!

As for Hull Restoration itself, changing vanilla skill mechanics is outside this mod's scope, though, of course, there may be other mods out there that do something like this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 07:22:07 PM by Tranquility »

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023, 06:38:23 PM »

They will still be affected by Hull Restoration; this mod doesn't do anything to prevent it from quickly restoring the D-Mods you just added/bought to your ships. However, there is a tag that completely prevents any restoration at all (whether by dockyard restoration or by Hull Restoration), which...
Story Spoiler!
...certain [REDACTED] ships related to a vanilla side quest do have...
[close]
...so it is something I could possibly implement in the future. No guarantees about that, however!

As for Hull Restoration itself, changing vanilla skill mechanics is outside this mod's scope, though, of course, there may be other mods out there that do something like this.

Oh, you can learn from this mod(https://www.fossic.org/thread-7984-1-1.html).

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v0.4.0)
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »

Took some time to implement this, but it is now possible (when enabled via a settings config) to add the 'Unrestorable' tag to your ships when selecting a D-Mod, which should help those that use Hull Restoration but still want to have D-Mods on certain ships. There is now also (again enabled via a settings config) the option to make your ships fully-automated, but you'll need to fulfill a certain criteria before it can show up as an option while visiting the D-MOD service center. As always (hopefully), this update is save-compatible.

v0.4.0
  • Added the "makeUnrestorable" option to settings.json and LunaSettings
    - Disabled by default
    - When enabled, the "Select a D-Mod" option also applies the 'Unrestorable' tag to the selected ship, preventing dockyard restoration and stopping the Hull Restoration skill from removing its D-Mods.
  • Added the option to fully-automate a ship when visiting a D-MOD service center
    - Disabled by default
    - Even when enabled, you must first discover and defeat a certain defender fleet before unlocking the option.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 01:34:39 PM by Tranquility »

war3scv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 03:26:46 AM »

enable it crash the game(0.96a-RC10) it says fatal lunalib something

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 09:57:17 AM »

enable it crash the game(0.96a-RC10) it says fatal lunalib something

Make sure to update your LunaLib mod first; this mod will break if you are using an outdated version of LunaLib alongside it. However, if and only if you are not using LunaLib at all, send me the starsector.log file containing the crash, as I intended for this mod to work even without LunaLib.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] D-MOD Services (v0.5.0)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 07:00:15 PM »

Update v0.5.0 is out, which should make the "Select D-Mod" picker a little less unfinished. Save-compatible as always (I'd be a real feat if an update to a small utility mod ended up breaking saves, but who knows?).

v0.5.0
  • Adjusted the "Select D-Mod" picker:
    - Now properly selects only one D-Mod at a time.
    - Made it slimmer and taller, which, in most cases, lets it display all D-Mods without a scroller
  • Made ship selection picker go wider if player fleet currently has more than 30 ships.

war3scv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 04:46:17 AM »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 11:17:02 PM »

it did crash without lunalib, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pxp0vwlLV51RE58hTOgwytOluQUBNSGh/view?usp=drive_link  here is the log

Google Drive requires permission to access, so I couldn't see the log. Next time, when reporting a crash for a mod, you can just place the starsector.log here as a forum attachment, which should be more convenient for any mod authors to see.

Either way, I tested using D-MOD Services as a standalone mod, and I didn't experience any crashes so far. So, I'll suggest that you first do a clean reinstall of the mod - completely deleting the DMODServices mod folder and then reinstalling it again - before checking for any further crashes.

war3scv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023, 06:54:10 AM »

oh my bad,it says visitor can access or something so I didn't change it, now it should do. I did reinstall it when the first time it crash. but maybe something wrong on my side I guess I just use lunalib with it

roacher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 04:33:05 AM »

it seems that I can't get a  " structural damage "  d-mod when a ship already have 4 other d-mods , from "offer one of your own ships as target practice"
option.
I save and load about 30 times , just can't get it.
Did I do something wrong ? ???
Pages: [1] 2