Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 425200 times)

Akrane

• Ensign
  • Casual Exploration and Colonization Enjoyer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #1230 on: May 08, 2024, 03:17:06 PM »

Spoiler
Huh, I've never even seen Rampant Crime before.  Just how low is your stability and how long does it stay that low?
Probably 2-4 (I think I'm lowballing it here, honestly), and one whole month, max two before the event happened the three times I've had it...
My bad for trying to make a 175% Hazard colony work 'cause it's at a convenient spot (see, same system as main colony), I guess, but it's fairly hard to compensate for the possibility of this happening immediately in these situations.
If it's unlikely and I've just had godawful luck over two different playthroughs, my salt might have been justified but just mis-directed.  ;D

That's so strange.  Did you have shortages that lasted the first few months or are you personally overseeing more than 2 colonies?  Or are there any events reducing stability?  I've never had colonies stay that low like that outside of some external factor, even on worlds with 250% hazard ratings.  I don't even generally build any structures that provide extra stability right away unless it's a world that can benefit from a hazard reduction from Domed Cities.

I think a lot of the answer there is that I tend to use Free Port initially until my colony gets off the ground enough to compensate for the negative growth rate, and then proceed to nearly immediately get hit by Rampant Crime lol.
Also, yes, shortages do happen early on a bit since I tend to colonize just far enough that you'll probably have a good or another in deficit from time to time (especially considering I like random sectors, which often means some goods being sparse) and I'm generally too busy at the time I start colonies to fully babysit them if they're almost always fine.

Then again, maybe my way to play is just wrong for this mod tbh.
[close]

That could possibly be the reason why.  I always play extra defensive so by the time I start my first colony I have at least 10+ million cr and a powerful fleet to babysit.  However I've also always activated Freeport status immediately and only ever deactivate it if the stability goes below 6, though I've very rarely had it drop that low.  Do you also select the "Use commodities in storage" immediately for your new colony?
Barely ever, since at that point in time I tend to be tight on cash and thus not really ferrying commodities to my colonies enough for "Use commodities in storage" to do anything for me, unless I'm entirely wrong about how it works.
Possible, tbh, I'm kinda casual about the game so a mechanic or two completely escaping me would be par for the course.
I just play the thing to go explore neat constellations, build a remote system up as my base, and proceed to struggle against the natural struggle of being the upstart underdog.

You could say I play "reckless" when it comes to that so it kinda makes sense to me that we'd end up with entirely different experience of this specific mechanic.
Of note, I tend to colonize early-ish partly because of Nexerelin, 'cause if I wait too long I'll end up with a massive hegemon in the Core Systems and/or the "cool stuff" I found being already colonized by others, and also partly 'cause I prefer to "live" the early struggle of colonies rather than already be fully kitted out at that point.
Clearly our ways to play differ quite a lot, and that's honestly pretty cool! I'll try a "freighter" game and supply massive amounts of what I need to my colonies next time, see if that solves my grievances  :)

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 08, 2024, 03:22:54 PM »

Spoiler
Spoiler
Huh, I've never even seen Rampant Crime before.  Just how low is your stability and how long does it stay that low?
Probably 2-4 (I think I'm lowballing it here, honestly), and one whole month, max two before the event happened the three times I've had it...
My bad for trying to make a 175% Hazard colony work 'cause it's at a convenient spot (see, same system as main colony), I guess, but it's fairly hard to compensate for the possibility of this happening immediately in these situations.
If it's unlikely and I've just had godawful luck over two different playthroughs, my salt might have been justified but just mis-directed.  ;D

That's so strange.  Did you have shortages that lasted the first few months or are you personally overseeing more than 2 colonies?  Or are there any events reducing stability?  I've never had colonies stay that low like that outside of some external factor, even on worlds with 250% hazard ratings.  I don't even generally build any structures that provide extra stability right away unless it's a world that can benefit from a hazard reduction from Domed Cities.

I think a lot of the answer there is that I tend to use Free Port initially until my colony gets off the ground enough to compensate for the negative growth rate, and then proceed to nearly immediately get hit by Rampant Crime lol.
Also, yes, shortages do happen early on a bit since I tend to colonize just far enough that you'll probably have a good or another in deficit from time to time (especially considering I like random sectors, which often means some goods being sparse) and I'm generally too busy at the time I start colonies to fully babysit them if they're almost always fine.

[close]

That could possibly be the reason why.  I always play extra defensive so by the time I start my first colony I have at least 10+ million cr and a powerful fleet to babysit.  However I've also always activated Freeport status immediately and only ever deactivate it if the stability goes below 6, though I've very rarely had it drop that low.  Do you also select the "Use commodities in storage" immediately for your new colony?
Barely ever, since at that point in time I tend to be tight on cash and thus not really ferrying commodities to my colonies enough for "Use commodities in storage" to do anything for me, unless I'm entirely wrong about how it works.
Possible, tbh, I'm kinda casual about the game so a mechanic or two completely escaping me would be par for the course.
I just play the thing to go explore neat constellations, build a remote system up as my base, and proceed to struggle against the natural struggle of being the upstart underdog.

You could say I play "reckless" when it comes to that so it kinda makes sense to me that we'd end up with entirely different experience of this specific mechanic.
Of note, I tend to colonize early-ish partly because of Nexerelin, 'cause if I wait too long I'll end up with a massive hegemon in the Core Systems and/or the "cool stuff" I found being already colonized by others, and also partly 'cause I prefer to "live" the early struggle of colonies rather than already be fully kitted out at that point.
Clearly our ways to play differ quite a lot, and that's honestly pretty cool! I'll try a "freighter" game and supply massive amounts of what I need to my colonies next time, see if that solves my grievances  :)
[close]

Believe it or not Nexerelin now has an option in its LunaLib menu that places a hold on AI factions colonization until the player creates their own faction.  This is what I had enabled for my current game so that I could take my time with the Galatia quests and exploration without needing to race against the clock to explore and colonize as fast as possible. 

Akrane

• Ensign
  • Casual Exploration and Colonization Enjoyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 08, 2024, 03:29:28 PM »

Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

Believe it or not Nexerelin now has an option in its LunaLib menu that places a hold on AI factions colonization until the player creates their own faction.  This is what I had enabled for my current game so that I could take my time with the Galatia quests and exploration without needing to race against the clock to explore and colonize as fast as possible.
Makes sense, yeah.
I'll admit I kinda like to race against the clock but I'll try out the option to see if I like it in the context of knowing I need a stable colony to full appreciate this mod.
At least it'll give me the time to explore most/all of the sector before setting out to colonize, which is quite nice.

lannnnnnar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 09, 2024, 05:51:35 AM »

Is there any way to increase how many data banks drop when you find them? I know I know the whole point is that you have to hunt for them but its annoying to me to have to go from bar to bar to try and find someone selling the pre collapse domain whatever they're called when I've looted all the ones I currently had. So increasing the drop rate from research stations (and anything else that drops them idk I can't remember) even from like the two I typically get to five on average would be nice for me to be able to do.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 09, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »

Is there any way to increase how many data banks drop when you find them? I know I know the whole point is that you have to hunt for them but its annoying to me to have to go from bar to bar to try and find someone selling the pre collapse domain whatever they're called when I've looted all the ones I currently had. So increasing the drop rate from research stations (and anything else that drops them idk I can't remember) even from like the two I typically get to five on average would be nice for me to be able to do.

I'm sure there probably is but I unfortunately don't know how.  However just in case you didn't know if you colonize a world with a pre-collapse facility on it you can generate research banks from the facility each month I believe.

Pyramus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 10, 2024, 12:23:35 PM »

I'm encountering a problem with the Nanoforge Restoration research project. Whenever there's an issue that demands my attention, the research log doesn't actually tell me what the problem is: it only presents me with the options to reset/force the nanoforge, and then to reset it according to AI/domain blueprint/by itself. Without the flavor text it makes it very difficult for me to tell what's actually happening and what the risk is for any of the options making the nanoforge explode or reconfigure itself versus it being properly restored.

lannnnnnar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 10, 2024, 01:42:25 PM »

I'm encountering a problem with the Nanoforge Restoration research project. Whenever there's an issue that demands my attention, the research log doesn't actually tell me what the problem is: it only presents me with the options to reset/force the nanoforge, and then to reset it according to AI/domain blueprint/by itself. Without the flavor text it makes it very difficult for me to tell what's actually happening and what the risk is for any of the options making the nanoforge explode or reconfigure itself versus it being properly restored.
Wait that's not supposed to happen? Then I am having this issue to.

ChibiWolf999

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 11, 2024, 02:42:02 AM »

Couldn't find anything about industry synergies, so took a peek at the jar files:

Terminus + Militarized Heavy Industry | 1.5 bonus to Military garrisons
Terminus + Civilian Heavy Production | +1 stability
Terminus + Resort Center | + 10% accessibility

Resort Center + Consumer Industry | +10% Resort Center income
Resort Center + Artisanal Farming | +10% Artisanal Farming income
Resort Center + Underworld | +5% Planet income

Policrystalizator + Benefication | -25% upkeep and +1 production for Policrystalizator
Policrystalizator + Orbital Fleetwork Facility | +1 Orbital Fleetwork Facility production

Cascade Reprocessor + Sublimation | -25% upkeep and +1 production for Cascade Reprocessor
Cascade Reprocessor+ Orbital Skunkwork Facility | +1 Orbital Skunkwork Facility production

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 11, 2024, 04:54:35 AM »

A new dev diary in new light, as from now on they  will be on mod page itself
https://www.ashesofthedomain.info/devlog/aotd_orion_dev_1
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:00:11 AM by Kaysaar »

Mobfey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 11, 2024, 08:57:50 AM »

Hello! I recently encountered an error when I tried to start up and move the cryosleeper,
"86046 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CryosleeperEntityPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.AoTDCryosleeperEntityPlugin
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CryosleeperEntityPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.AoTDCryosleeperEntityPlugin"
This proceeded to crash my game, any fixes?
Loving the mods by the way.

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 11, 2024, 07:44:45 PM »

A new dev diary in new light, as from now on they  will be on mod page itself
https://www.ashesofthedomain.info/devlog/aotd_orion_dev_1
Will we find anyone alive in the new sector?
Also, that website really is a work of art.

gogochlwns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 12, 2024, 08:16:37 AM »

My coronal hypershunt suddenly destroyed itself one day :(

That was after I had already normalized all the systems that were broken, including the shields.

What could be the cause? Am I missing something?

Bhdeale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 12, 2024, 02:46:24 PM »

Screenshot of error attached.

I am having the same problem, but with Light Industry upgrading to the BioSynth Lab.

I see in the industries.csv the entry for druglight includes in the tags column
consumes:lightindustry:biofactory_embryo

Similarly the blast_processing has the tag consumes:fuelprod:modular_constructor_fuelprod

But this doesn't seem to show up in the tooltip that I can see. I assume I am missing the item in some correct location, but where is unclear. Does it go in the player fleet inventory, the market inventory of the colony stockpile or storage? Maybe it needs to be installed in the industry before hand? I bet I am silly and am unclear where it goes...

Could you explain how it should work and maybe I can work backwards at what is wrong?

I have been working through disabling other mods to see if there is maybe a java class which another mod changes. Not sure how you can identify the industry is "fuelprod" or "lightindustry" if they alter industry class inheritance or something.

I did try downgrading back to lightindustry, saving, exiting, restarting the game, loading, and then try upgrading but no luck :/

Hey I'm new, check out my mods and give me feedback :D
Red Legion
MoWeaponsMoShips

XyttheElite117

• Ensign
  • Halo fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 12, 2024, 09:15:24 PM »

Will the events in the AOTD Virtues of Society still happen if I change a colony's size using console commands?
Wort wort wort

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 12, 2024, 10:04:56 PM »

So, going forward, updates for the mod will only be on the forums / website, no longer the unofficial discord ?

Er, what?
The downloads. And that has been the case for a while now.

Not the downloads. The updates.
The "hey new version just dropped" is the update.

The downloads for many mods are done elsewhere, but the update notifications are usually done on the disc, which is nice because you can most of them in one place, hence why I asked.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86