Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 391115 times)

lai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2024, 11:06:36 PM »

Is there anyway to get the older versions of the mods? I kinda liked the old version of the capitals.

lai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 09, 2024, 11:07:54 PM »

Is there anyway to get older versions of the mods? I kinda want to use the older colony capitals.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 10, 2024, 12:05:41 PM »

I ran into a bug with the restauration of ruins.

I started a project and save to quit your game. When I reloaded it, the time for the project bugged out (from 152 days, it became -1). I'm now at -192 days and I can't start or stop the restauration project.

Edit : Got to -350+ days and still not finished, it also restarted to 0 and counting down to -19 after reloading the save at a later date.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:10:25 PM by Astrefernal »

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2024, 03:29:49 PM »

Can you add a way to queue technologies so I can just queue up a bunch and not have to check back at my colony constantly?

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 10, 2024, 03:45:25 PM »

Is there a way to view the research tree before you have a research building? I want to make sure I have enough research banks before I drop the first colony, so I can snap through the first couple things asap, but there isn't any way to count it out that I can see. That almost feels mandatory in some mod setups, since if you drop a colony and can't get it up and running fast you tend to get killed by Diable/hivers/IX.

cesuoking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 10, 2024, 08:16:46 PM »

Can we have the industry synergy guide back please?

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 11, 2024, 05:19:16 AM »

I ran into a bug with the restauration of ruins.

I started a project and save to quit your game. When I reloaded it, the time for the project bugged out (from 152 days, it became -1). I'm now at -192 days and I can't start or stop the restauration project.

Edit : Got to -350+ days and still not finished, it also restarted to 0 and counting down to -19 after reloading the save at a later date.
update uaf

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 11, 2024, 05:19:55 AM »

Can you add a way to queue technologies so I can just queue up a bunch and not have to check back at my colony constantly?
there is literally at 2.1.0 patch ui where you can keep track of your research and quickly access tech tree, therefore queue is not needed

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 11, 2024, 05:20:50 AM »

Is there a way to view the research tree before you have a research building? I want to make sure I have enough research banks before I drop the first colony, so I can snap through the first couple things asap, but there isn't any way to count it out that I can see. That almost feels mandatory in some mod setups, since if you drop a colony and can't get it up and running fast you tend to get killed by Diable/hivers/IX.
Nope, there is no way for doing that , and probably wont be for while, due to changes API would need to make it work

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 11, 2024, 05:22:12 AM »

Can we have the industry synergy guide back please?
I currently have a big workload on my shoulders, it will be back once i ll have
a: time to do it
b: will to do it , not everyone is 24/7 working machine
For me there are much important things, than writing a guide , most importantly work on fourth module and Orion Sector

FelixG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 11, 2024, 12:18:25 PM »

Getting a CTD with this error:

4282482 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MarketAPI.getStabilityValue()" because "this.currentlyAffectedMarket" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MarketAPI.getStabilityValue()" because "this.currentlyAffectedMarket" is null
   at data.colonyevents.events.CrimeSyndicateEvent.generateDescriptionOfEvent(CrimeSyndicateEvent.java:32) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.createUIForDecision(AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.java:193) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.reset(AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.java:175) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.init(AoTDColonyEventOutcomeUI.java:160) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutcomeDelegate.init(AoTDColonyEventOutcomeDelegate.java:21) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OOoO.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.showCustomVisualDialog(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutomeDP.optionSelected(AoTDColonyEventOutomeDP.java:40) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.ui.AoTDColonyEventOutomeDP.init(AoTDColonyEventOutomeDP.java:29) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.void.void(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at data.colonyevents.manager.AoTDColonyEventManager.advance(AoTDColonyEventManager.java:196) ~[?:?]
   at data.colonyevents.manager.AoTDColonyEventAssigner.advance(AoTDColonyEventAssigner.java:21) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

Since it has AoTD all over the place in there, I assume this is where it came from.

vesparco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 12, 2024, 12:07:23 PM »

Hi Kaysaar,

I dropped just to say thanks for the mod. It is quite palpable the work behind it and specially for the guides concerning market and research tree (almost everything there is on the mod guidelines is focused on ship and weapons).

MN64

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 12, 2024, 01:53:34 PM »

The event about the core miner and tectonic activity needs some work.  Was on the entire opposite side of the sector when it procced and was all you have a month to travel all the way back or we will delete the mining from the planet and destroy the core miner.  Whoops its gone eat ***!  A button or something to remove the item or halt the progress would be nice.  Or a warning when you place the core drill.  Other than that the save is already cursed with the infinite arrest stabilty and access penalty so i might just abandon the whole thing and run a new save with that mod disabled.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 12, 2024, 06:29:55 PM »

Is there any way to know what some of these techs do before you research them? I assume module programming allows you to program modular constructors, but it doesn't actually say that anywhere. It just has a long lore blurb with no information on what it actually does or how it works. And if that is true, the tech tree is out of order. You can research the 2 upgrades to refining tech before you can research modular programming, but you need a programmed modular constructor(I assume) to actually do the upgrade, so they should be in reverse order.

That is kind of true of a lot of the descriptions in this mod. There is a lot of lore text but no gameplay text so half the time I have no idea what any of these things are for and why I am accumulating dozens of these and if I should just sell them or not or how to make them work or even what tab they need to go in.

I also noticed the catalytic core doesn't seem to bonus the 2 refining specializations so if you have a core, the generic default gives you more of both resources than either of the specializations do of anything.

xenapan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 13, 2024, 11:44:43 AM »

I just wanted to pop in, say thank you for this mod. I just finished my first playthrough with this mod on 0.97 and actually made use of colonies and research and wanted to leave a little bit of feedback.

The databanks seem way overvalued. Yes I realize they are quite hard to find, but when I did find them I got like 4 or 5 at a time X 500k each that was a couple million credits each time. Maybe spread them a little thinner (more frequent but less per find) and possibly drop their value as well?

The specific databanks were also very useless. By the time I had found them I'd already researched my way through them. The only ones I used were the ones that were required to start the research like orbital skunkworks and by the time I got access to it I had long been done building my fleet and it was just to boost my faction's ship quality.

Fracking is either too good or the alternatives don't offer enough. The only way I would use any of the alternatives is if I already had a colony with fracking.

I'm still not entirely sure what maglev was doing for my colonies? From the description it seemed like it reduced demand of everything by 1 unit but it didn't feel like it really had any impact.
Similarly terminus? I upgraded all my waystations but didn't really feel a difference.

All in all I'm not sure if its just the way I play with colonies or the way colonies work it just generally feels like colonies are a end game credit dump that converts into eventually a giant monthly income and with all the databanks and money I put into it I basically didn't need the money to begin with. It takes a LONG time to research all the techs, build the buildings, for it to get to net positive on what I spent on the colony. Might be just how colonies are in general and nothing to do with this mod, but adding more cost and requirements to it doesn't really help in that regard.

Finally a question... is there any point of building multiple research stations? I feel like if you should only have one you might as well put it on Galatia academy and just have building it.

And a couple of suggestions: add incremental upgrades to the tech tree. Add bonuses to existing industries instead of adding new ones. eg better mining tech reduces the upkeep of the mining industry by 20%, medical improvements increases growth rate by some small amount (less than hazard pay). Stuff that would affect all your colonies when they are researched without building anything new but give minor improvements that turn the tech tree into ... more of a tech tree and add a consistent payoff without really affecting the end game colony too much.
Some other building suggestions: weapon/ship/blueprint blackmarket as an alternative to weapon/ship building. more costly but doesn't require you to have the blueprints but can get you harder to obtain stuff for 3x (rare weapons/ships that are only sold to factions you are commissioned with +90), 5-10x (unique stuff like XIV legion), 100x the value (cryoblasters?)
Cloning vats: new industry that you can alternate between +population growth to make your colony grow faster or produce harvested organs.
Secure vault: new building. reduces credit loss if colony is taken over, 0 storage cost for stored items even when owned by another faction.
Mercantile group: new building. Allows higher level of import/exports from the colony, also spawns relief/rebellion supression fleets earlier for your own factions or friendly factions.
Foreign embassy: new building. allows you to set faction diplomatic goals. reduces chances of random war declaration, improves/reduces faction standing for a few points every month toward your goals.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 80