Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 391169 times)

Sleepy Rachel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #915 on: February 09, 2024, 02:53:08 AM »

Hey Kaysaar, sorry to add more to your plate but I've been getting a crash at a certain point in my campaign and it always occurs at the same point in time even while I'm not doing anything.

Code
543018 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDFactionResearchManager.sentFleet(AoTDFactionResearchManager.java:153)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDMainResearchManager.setExpeditionFleet(AoTDMainResearchManager.java:323)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDMainResearchManager.advance(AoTDMainResearchManager.java:380)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDFactionResearchProgressionScript.advance(AoTDFactionResearchProgressionScript.java:18)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Anyone got a clue what's happening at all? I'm assuming a faction's research fleet expedition might be derping out or something.

Sleepy Rachel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 09, 2024, 04:04:51 PM »

Hey Kaysaar, sorry to add more to your plate but I've been getting a crash at a certain point in my campaign and it always occurs at the same point in time even while I'm not doing anything.

Code
543018 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDFactionResearchManager.sentFleet(AoTDFactionResearchManager.java:153)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDMainResearchManager.setExpeditionFleet(AoTDMainResearchManager.java:323)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDMainResearchManager.advance(AoTDMainResearchManager.java:380)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDFactionResearchProgressionScript.advance(AoTDFactionResearchProgressionScript.java:18)

Anyone got a clue what's happening at all? I'm assuming a faction's research fleet expedition might be derping out or something.

I believe I've further narrowed the crash down. It happens right as the IX Battlegroup faction from the Emergent Threats mod departs for a Research Expedition. Crash happens exactly at departure.

EDIT: Playing on version 0.96. No mods have been added midway or removed for the duration of my save. The only thing I did try was to update VoK to the latest version (from 1.7.2 to 2.0.12) to see if that would fix this particular crash (It didn't :().
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 04:36:17 PM by Sleepy Rachel »

cake

• Ensign
  • I'm so tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 09, 2024, 04:10:51 PM »

I had the same issue occur with the luddic path

Code
at java.util.Collections.shuffle(Collections.java:457)
at java.util.Collections.shuffle(Collections.java:427)
at data.kaysaar.aotd.vok.scripts.research.AoTDFactionResearchManager.sentFleet(AoTDFactionResearchManager.java:119)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

there's something I compeltely forgot to mention. this is a save that existed before I installed the mod. that may have something to do with it, although I have no idea
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 04:25:10 PM by cake »

Fatyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 09, 2024, 07:49:25 PM »

I'm just starting my first run with the mod, and I ran into an old spacer at a bar.

I hope you wont mind me suggesting that the dialogue / grammar is a bit ropey in places - like it hasn't had a good proof read!

I had a go at making some suggestions - feel free to ignore any / all of them if you want :)

https://imgur.com/a/iGKnq0M

I didn't know whether you were going for gender neutral pronouns or not, because "he" and "his" and "they" and "their" were used at different times. I went for "he" and "his" in my suggestions.

Also the last paragraph mentions the "Navigation in Chigara in Chigara system", while the bit at the end says "Pre Collapse Facility - Chigara - Novy Tayvay System".

Cheers!
Fat

Drazhya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 10, 2024, 01:41:02 PM »

Assigned and unassigned a Alpha AI to the Resort Center and the income bonus stayed.

Alpha AI doesn't seem to improve the output of the Purification Center.

Decivilized Hypershunt disappears.

Stella Manufactorium can make things at colony size 4, but in one spot says it needs size 5?

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #920 on: February 10, 2024, 03:16:22 PM »

Current run is still in 0.96a-RC10
Latest versions of mods including yours to go whit it;

Project Charon still fires and:

Bugs;
1&2
Archimedes SQC Structure minus -1742 day left till Project Charon Main facility is located.
-Took a picture, but alas, main engine dit not allow to normal PrntScrn capture of the popup showing that minus timer atm.
Also, 2 locations whit Project Cheron (Red planet icon ) completely bug out, getting game fully stuck in menu whitout options.
This screen can not be cancelled by Esc / clicking random spots / etc etc, which means a hard Task manager end task shutdown is needed.... very unfortunate :-(

Hello, I've run into a soft-lock situation with Project Charon. When I try to salvage the planet protected by the [REDACTED] Doritos, I get the attached below result. I saw someone post the same issue in the Unofficial Starsector Discord on 12/31/23, but it looked like it was only with the alpha build. I'm running VoK 2.0.4 and the save started with the 2.0 release. I haven't had too much luck resolving the issue myself, so any help is appreciated.

Project Charon should not fire with Vok 2.0

So for now i will ignore it i suppose.

Theta Core
The theta Core production / spawn facility lingers (whit stack ) -1 stability long after the 180day cooldown period.

I suspect this is an grab data for timers in combo whit another popular
Mod; Speedup, which i also use, and has been known to cause other mods, like yours to miss their ''date of end /start timers''.

Whatever it may be,
A fix or 2 would be appreciated, one that allows both Speedup and your mods to run at the same time ofc.

About to recover a Sleeper ship, i sure hope it will function as advertised ;-)

Good mod overall, +1 from me.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 11, 2024, 09:03:53 AM »

Assigned and unassigned a Alpha AI to the Resort Center and the income bonus stayed.

In my experience, it takes a bit, but it does eventually disappear. So it isn't quite free money.

Bangchow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 12, 2024, 08:07:23 PM »

Virtue of Society, version checker keeps reporting there's a new version out (1.08) and that I have version 1.07 installed when in fact I do have version 1.08 installed.
Am I missing something?
Before updating I always remove the old version first.

Same.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 14, 2024, 07:20:41 PM »

Editing report: some issues when meeting a scientist in the bar for the first time:

https://i.imgur.com/LKLt6Vf.png

• Rank has an error message in it.
  • '5 minutes of your time' - missing period at the end.
  • 'I have heard stories about technological advancements of your faction and I have some with a proposition for you' - Missing quotation marks around this dialogue and a period at the end.
  • '...stories about the technological...' - missing word.
  • '... and  I have...' - extra space between and and I.
  • 'So getting  to the point...' - missing quotation marks again, should be around the entire paragraph.
  • '... want to be part of it .' - extra space before period.
  • 'So my question is, will you...' - missing comma.
  • 'Decline ,and leave the bar' - misplaced space.

EDIT: Another bug, looks like the 'Aquatic Biosphere Harvest' technology does not provide the listed -10% hazard rating to water worlds.  My water world only has -10% from 'Hazmat working equipment'.
https://i.imgur.com/yYjxHFo.png
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:42:39 PM by Twilight Sentinel »

whatisthisbug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 15, 2024, 11:24:39 PM »

is there anyway to catch research expeditions ie destroy their fleet and sometime the research expedition don't return to their home system after they been launched?

papasan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 16, 2024, 10:36:12 AM »

anywhere to find Research Databanks besides Research Stations? taking forever just to get to vanilla production levels.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 11:58:44 AM by papasan »

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 16, 2024, 11:04:32 AM »

anywhere to find Research Databanks besides Research Stations? taking forever just to get to vanilla level production levels.
Pre-Collapse facilities. That's kinda their whole point. Building a research station on one will also passively generate databanks.

papasan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 16, 2024, 01:27:46 PM »

Pre-Collapse facilities. That's kinda their whole point. Building a research station on one will also passively generate databanks.

I have a research station on a plant with Vast Ruins but no bonus, guessing you mean a specific facility?

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 16, 2024, 01:43:46 PM »

I have a research station on a plant with Vast Ruins but no bonus, guessing you mean a specific facility?
Ruins are different.  While exploring you should run into planets that have a modifier called, "Pre-Collapse Facility" which will be guarded by a Remnant fleet.  Defeating that fleet and salvaging the facility will give a large number of data packs immediately and if you put a research base on one of those planets, it will generate one per month.

OptimisticSociopath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 16, 2024, 01:48:27 PM »

Code

I have found a "band-aid" solution to the crashing problem due to enemy faction expedition:

If enemy expedition crashes your game... just make them take forever untill you destroy everyone :^)

1) INSTALL LUNALIB AND ENABLED IT
2) Go to Starsector main folder
3) > Saves > common > LunaSettings
4) Open "aotd_vok.json.data" in notepad c++ and set "aotd_expedition_begin" and
    "aotd_expedition_threshold" to almost infinite number of days:
     Example
     {
   "aotd_expedition_begin": "2200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
   "aotd_expedition_threshold": "400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
   "aotd_pcf_amount": 50,
   "aotd_reserarch_speed_multiplier": 1
}
5) It should be ok :^)
6) But remember to kill them all  :           ^)

After this the crashes were gone... Now I am currently doing an AI inspection on Planet Chicomoztoc :^)
"Always use "Incognito Mode" while in Hyperspace! :^)"
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 80