Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 390518 times)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #825 on: January 17, 2024, 01:02:58 AM »

Hello! I'm not sure if I have a random bug, doing something wrong, or if it's working as intended, but I'm unable to do the special research to restore a corrupted nanoforge after failing it the first time.

Had an event where I had to choose an option to take, which failed and destroyed the nanoforge and disabled research for 150 days. However, it's been well past 150 days, I've acquired and put a new corrupted nanoforge into the research inventory, and when I go to click "Star Project" it just makes that...like shovel hitting a rock sound. Did I permanently lock myself out of restoring a nanoforge by failing the 50/50 event test? It says it should be infinitely repeatable, do I just need to modify something in the mod settings?

Thank you!
Restoring nanoforge should be repeatable , i ll look into it once my break will end

Arenji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 17, 2024, 05:22:42 AM »

Hello!
during Project Charon quest,
after the battle it is impossible to get a continuation and exit the dialogue, see image.
Mod version: 2.0.9

Getting the same problem

Spoiler
[Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ProjectCharonGenLoot: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addSpecial(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ProjectCharonGenLoot.genLoot(ProjectCharonGenLoot.java:107)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ProjectCharonGenLoot.execute(ProjectCharonGenLoot.java:73)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

EDIT: Thankfully if you have console command you can use "Forcedismissdialog" to get out of it. If not, you're pretty much SOL.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 05:29:28 AM by Arenji »
Social auto-pilot is dangerous. Don't do it.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 17, 2024, 01:53:36 PM »

Ashes of The Domain : Vaults of Knowledge 2.0.10 Patch Save compat with 2.0.0-2.0.9
Spoiler
fixed critical bug with Hyperdimensional Processor
added option for lunalib to adjust  research speed (for those who wants their research to trully last longer)
removed req for other items than databanks or colony items for research due to doing more harm than good
[close]

2.0.10 is one of last  patches for long time , as i said I really wanna take a break from modding AoTD .Survey also showed  me a lot of things  regarding what people wants from Ashes of The Domain , but one thing I need to address and I am not gonna hide it.

Survey not only showed, what people want, but also showed me how people started to treat my speed , in which I am operating (mainly that  bugfixes  and updates are very often and consistent). For many of people it has become a standard, sth that MUST be required from me and not fixing mod within 2 hours of posting bugfix started to become offensive for  a quite number of people.
I just want one thing for what I am doing : A sign of respect for my hard work and  nothing else. I very much like criticism towards my mod. Good to hear how people love your work , but its also good to hear that indeed there are people who  find still AoTD lacking, And it is not only a complaint but holy *** constructive feedback. One of which already influenced mod as i added Research Speed multiplier option for Lunalib. But to not deviate from what I want to say.

From now on I am stopping at least for quite time posting patches so often. Because this has become for a lot of people a standard which MUST be enforced, to the point that i am constantly harassed on private messages from discord.
I am not a developer, which gets payed for what I am doing.  All I am doing is free of charge. Yes you can support me, but it is only helping me , the only thing you get from this , is that I can actually commission someone to do custom arts, music etc etc.  If what I get for this is being disrespected then sorry, I wont keep doing like this

I hope that this mod will bring and its brining all who play joy and have a good day

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 17, 2024, 02:04:44 PM »

Ashes of The Domain : Vaults of Knowledge 2.0.10 Patch Save compat with 2.0.0-2.0.9
Spoiler
added option for lunalib to adjust  research speed (for those who wants their research to trully last longer)
removed req for other items than databanks or colony items for research due to doing more harm than good
[close]

2.0.10 is one of last  patches for long time , as i said I really wanna take a break from modding AoTD .Survey also showed  me a lot of things  regarding what people wants from Ashes of The Domain , but one thing I need to address and I am not gonna hide it.

Survey not only showed, what people want, but also showed me how people started to treat my speed , in which I am operating (mainly that  bugfixes  and updates are very often and consistent). For many of people it has become a standard, sth that MUST be required from me and not fixing mod within 2 hours of posting bugfix started to become offensive for  a quite number of people.
I just want one thing for what I am doing : A sign of respect for my hard work and  nothing else. I very much like criticism towards my mod. Good to hear how people love your work , but its also good to hear that indeed there are people who  find still AoTD lacking, And it is not only a complaint but holy *** constructive feedback. One of which already influenced mod as i added Research Speed multiplier option for Lunalib. But to not deviate from what I want to say.

From now on I am stopping at least for quite time posting patches so often. Because this has become for a lot of people a standard which MUST be enforced, to the point that i am constantly harassed on private messages from discord.
I am not a developer, which gets payed for what I am doing.  All I am doing is free of charge. Yes you can support me, but it is only helping me , the only thing you get from this , is that I can actually commission someone to do custom arts, music etc etc.  If what I get for this is being disrespected then sorry, I wont keep doing like this

I hope that this mod will bring and its brining all who play joy and have a good day

I'm so sorry people have been treating you like that.  Your mods are wonderful and I enjoy them a great deal but you have to take care of yourself first and foremost.  I hope if you feel like spending more time modding that people will have taken what you've posted here to heart by then.  Anyway, thank you again and I hope you'll benefit from a much needed break!

liliyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 17, 2024, 05:06:08 PM »

Hello, I love the mod thanks for the hard work.

regarding aquaculture, could you perhaps improve it a little bit, to include the resources that the other types of farms give, because it feels very weak compared to them

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 17, 2024, 05:58:18 PM »

Hello, I love the mod thanks for the hard work.

regarding aquaculture, could you perhaps improve it a little bit, to include the resources that the other types of farms give, because it feels very weak compared to them

Well aquaculture has one thing that it can provide that nothing else can.  If you build Gene Labs they will start seeding the oceans with lobsters and when that's complete your aquaculture will not only provide food but Volturnian lobsters too.

lonmwe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 17, 2024, 07:38:20 PM »

People should know better about the time, place, and occasion for these sorts of things. Breaks my heart to see a mod author burnt out by their audience. IDK what's the nature of those interactions, but you as the author are almost always in the right regarding your work. Hope you feel better about it soon, bud.

Axale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 17, 2024, 09:25:47 PM »

Hi, i'm enjoying the mod so far.

But I do have a problem, I can't start the Beyond the Veil quest. I have been running around doing other mod quests and stuff but I can never find that veteran to start Beyond the Veil. Any help possible ?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 17, 2024, 09:56:43 PM »

But I do have a problem, I can't start the Beyond the Veil quest. I have been running around doing other mod quests and stuff but I can never find that veteran to start Beyond the Veil. Any help possible ?

It should just be a random encounter in bars.  I've had no trouble running into them in my current game anyway.  Are you running any mods that modify encounters in bars by chance?

Arenji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 17, 2024, 10:50:07 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Updating quickly is awesome, but there are still people that demand you do it faster and better somehow. Thing is, they fail to understand that this community thrives because of people like you, who do so much work for this game at your own expense.

I appreciate your works, and they have become a staple in my mod-list. I hope the support you get can outweigh the negativity.
Social auto-pilot is dangerous. Don't do it.

Renovator4830

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2024, 02:15:01 AM »

Please do not be disheartened by a vocal minority who produce nothing but complaints. Most of us are enjoying the mod just fine. Negative survey data is likely the outcome of sampling bias. People with complaints tend to be over-represented because of self selection.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 02:18:24 AM by Renovator4830 »

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2024, 08:31:47 AM »

I agree with this, please dont let the vocal minority bring your awesome modding skills down

Keybindet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 18, 2024, 08:41:12 AM »

Complaining when you get stuf for free bruuuhh......

Axale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2024, 10:37:40 AM »

It should just be a random encounter in bars.  I've had no trouble running into them in my current game anyway.  Are you running any mods that modify encounters in bars by chance?

I have a lot of mods, including some that adds bar encounters but none of them should be modifying bar encounters. I will also confirm that I have indeed researched 1 tier 3 tech. Any idea what I should look for exactly ? Like is it an event that starts when entering the bar or one of the clickable strangers, if its the latter what should I be looking for ?

PJ_2005

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 18, 2024, 10:59:44 AM »

Thanks for fixing the bug I reported a couple days ago with the Processor. Despite what some vocal minorities say, that was really quite fast!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80