Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 109

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 570330 times)

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2023, 01:42:49 AM »

I think you accidentally have water taking up 10 cargo capacity per unit rather than 1 cargo capacity per unit

Kaysaar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2023, 03:21:18 AM »

I think you accidentally have water taking up 10 cargo capacity per unit rather than 1 cargo capacity per unit
Nah this is intentional

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2023, 09:22:56 AM »

I just want to let you know that I finally decided to install Vaults of Knowledge and I absolutely do not regret it ! It is a true pleasure to see your backward colonies bloom over time and become industrial marvels of the Persean Sector.

That's all. Now I need to get back into the game and realize my dream of building an incredible tourism industry on paradisiac worlds  8)

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2023, 12:36:41 PM »

Nah this is intentional

You and cptdash, the author of space truckin' might want to talk then because the cargo missions for truckin' don't seem to take into account the item weight, just the quantity which lead to me picking a mission to deliver 3k water and going 30k over capacity as a result.

AND COST ME 333K IN FINES >:(

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »

Nah this is intentional

That's really unfortunate because it's basically gamebreaking; if I get a mission to transport something it calculates assuming 1 unit = 1 cargo capacity. I just got a mission to transport some 2000 water, I thought I had the cargo capacity for it, so did the game. But it loaded me up past 20,000 cargo capacity, forcing me to cancel the contract and sell all the water at that planet.

Two better implementations would be:
1. The game understands water takes up 10 cargo capacity per unit and calculates appropriately when providing missions, loot, etc.
2. Water is provided in amounts like ore, in the tens of thousands, so that it continues to stick with the game's consistent logic that 1 cargo capacity = 1 unit that applies to all other economic goods while providing water in the large amounts intended

For those interested in fixing this manually, I think a change to commodities.csv in Ashes of  The Domain- Vaults of Knowledge 1.5.1\data\campaign may do it
Nevermind, this causes the game to crash. I guess the source code needs to be edited and recompiled then.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:03:14 PM by Euripides »

Kaysaar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2023, 04:12:43 AM »

Nah this is intentional

That's really unfortunate because it's basically gamebreaking; if I get a mission to transport something it calculates assuming 1 unit = 1 cargo capacity. I just got a mission to transport some 2000 water, I thought I had the cargo capacity for it, so did the game. But it loaded me up past 20,000 cargo capacity, forcing me to cancel the contract and sell all the water at that planet.

Two better implementations would be:
1. The game understands water takes up 10 cargo capacity per unit and calculates appropriately when providing missions, loot, etc.
2. Water is provided in amounts like ore, in the tens of thousands, so that it continues to stick with the game's consistent logic that 1 cargo capacity = 1 unit that applies to all other economic goods while providing water in the large amounts intended

For those interested in fixing this manually, I think a change to commodities.csv in Ashes of  The Domain- Vaults of Knowledge 1.5.1\data\campaign may do it
Nevermind, this causes the game to crash. I guess the source code needs to be edited and recompiled then.
In next balancing patch i will address issue of water

StuckBasher7315

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 17, 2023, 01:51:43 PM »

The research facility and tech tree is very fun to go trough, but I've been wondering where can I find scientists to be head of research since I'm getting in the sophisticated and domain-era and its taking a while to research.

I can't seem to find them, or maybe I didn't check the right spots in game, nor can't I find post talking about it on here since I'm new and not used to searching on forums here yet.

Could anyone point me in the right way in-game or on a post that already answered my question, thanks.

PS. idk if I'm writing this in the right Subject, sorry if I am

Kaysaar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 17, 2023, 02:33:56 PM »

The research facility and tech tree is very fun to go trough, but I've been wondering where can I find scientists to be head of research since I'm getting in the sophisticated and domain-era and its taking a while to research.

I can't seem to find them, or maybe I didn't check the right spots in game, nor can't I find post talking about it on here since I'm new and not used to searching on forums here yet.

Could anyone point me in the right way in-game or on a post that already answered my question, thanks.

Researcher should appear at bar , that you need to follow person. This event is Basically impossible to miss because its triggered immidieatly when you enter a bar and you got option to either follow person or not
Req is to simply research certain amount of tech

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2023, 03:08:39 PM »

Researcher should appear at bar , that you need to follow person. This event is Basically impossible to miss because its triggered immidieatly when you enter a bar and you got option to either follow person or not
Req is to simply research certain amount of tech

I should add that if you are using Adjusted Sector (via editing the version number) this quest might never appear. It certainly hasn't for me, but neither have some of the vanilla quests and I'm playing with adjusted sector + nex random sector.

SolariumOnTheMoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 18, 2023, 09:37:50 PM »

The research_all_technologies command seems to be bugged. When used even though everything is researched you cant upgrade any industries. This is easily repeatable steps listed below.

1. Start with your own faction and planet.
2. Remove industries on planet.
3. use research all command
4. build any industry and try to upgrade it

Mod List
{"enabledMods": [
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_core",
  "lw_console",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin"
]}

Kaysaar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 19, 2023, 06:04:15 AM »

The research_all_technologies command seems to be bugged. When used even though everything is researched you cant upgrade any industries. This is easily repeatable steps listed below.

1. Start with your own faction and planet.
2. Remove industries on planet.
3. use research all command
4. build any industry and try to upgrade it

Mod List
{"enabledMods": [
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_core",
  "lw_console",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin"
]}
Intresting gonna look into it

HazardousGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 19, 2023, 04:00:50 PM »

Just some feedback regarding the new commodities:

It's pretty easy to cheese the game and basically skip the early game just by trading and selling them since the sector has a constant 1000 supply/demand with huge profit margins.

Example:

Yama (I forgot which Heg colony) has a constant surplus of Rectificates which allows me to get them for 100 per unit and sell them at, say Kanta's Den, for 600 due to a similar 1000 demand.

It's not a one off thing either. A lot of colonies have a similar 1000 demand for the new stuff which allows me to get to my first million quite easily
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:04:37 PM by HazardousGuy »

Fireballin17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 19, 2023, 06:07:17 PM »

Hey there! Just a query.

The cascade reprocessor. Should it synergies with certification or sublimation?

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 19, 2023, 08:14:40 PM »

It's pretty easy to cheese the game and basically skip the early game just by trading and selling them since the sector has a constant 1000 supply/demand with huge profit margins.

Example:

Yama (I forgot which Heg colony) has a constant surplus of Rectificates which allows me to get them for 100 per unit and sell them at, say Kanta's Den, for 600 due to a similar 1000 demand.

It's not a one off thing either. A lot of colonies have a similar 1000 demand for the new stuff which allows me to get to my first million quite easily
The quantity is way too low though, you're much better off doing food to kanta then drugs to whoever needs them. I regularly buy all of jangalas food with my 5 super freighters and make huge profit margins. The pirates can easily buy 12k worth of food every week for easily double the price you buy it at. This mods commodities can get sold along side food but it's still barely enough to warrant the cargo space when you can be doing organics alongside the food.

Kaysaar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2023, 01:41:51 AM »

Example:

Thanks for Feedback, gonna look into it
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 109